Volunteer in Peru: Most Affordable & Real Impact!

UBELONG offers 1-week to 6-month volunteering opportunities in Cusco, Peru.

Volunteer in one of these world-class projects:

CAREGIVING
--> Caring for vulnerable children
--> Caring for the elderly
--> Assisting at an after-school center
--> Caring for children with disabilities
--> Assisting at a shelter for abused girls

EDUCATION

--> Cultural enterprise development

CONSTRUCTION
--> Light painting and renovation

SPORTS
--> Assisting at a sports center

Visit ubelong.org for more detail - the journey of a lifetime starts there!

• **24/7 in-country support
  • **Volunteer on projects that truly need you
  • **Live in the heart of Cusco and enjoy delicious meals every day
  • **Go with a US based organization - legitimacy and peace of mind
  • **The #1 program in Cusco and with the best reviews!

It seems you must be at least 18 years old to volunteer. Take a look at the FAQ page for more questions! https://ubelong.org/volunteer-abroad/cusco-peru/ Hope this helps you!
Throughout your programme mentors will offer their support to help you have the best experience whilst on your stay.
With so much choice it can be hard. For me when I chose my programme I knew I wanted to go to South America as I had not been to that part of the world before. After lots of research into the courses and the place I found Peru was the place for me. Reading reviews of other people's experiences also helped me to decide.

Alexandra

UBelong Review

The UBelong trip was truly a one of a kind experience. The volunteering experience was an eye-opener, and it was very safe. The volunteer leaders are incredible and humble people. I definitely recommend to choose UBelong as the program to volunteer through if you want to make an impact. The impact that you can make is definitely not limited, and you have the freedom to bring new ideas to the table. This experience has definitely made me a more culturally appreciative person, and more thankful for the life that I have. I volunteered in a disability school for deaf children and I volunteered at an orphanage shelter. Not only will you make a huge impact on the children's personal growth, but you will also experience a tremendous personal growth. I would have to say that UBelong would be the best volunteer program to participate in if you are planning to volunteer in Cusco, Peru.

I would say that this program can be improved in Cusco, Peru if the location where volunteers stay at would be changed to a hostel with better room conditions and healthier breakfast/lunch, and that the hostel also provide dinner. Other than this, it is an amazing program, and it really depends on the individual to make the most out of the volunteer experience.
Angela

A Transformative Experience

Volunteering in Cusco was overall the most challenging and most rewarding experience I've ever had. The shelter I worked in welcomed me with open arms and often let me know how much they appreciated my help. Of course, the shelter was run very differently than any of the ones I was used to in the U.S., which took a couple of weeks to adjust to. The girls I worked with will always have a special place in my heart.

Kelsey

UBELONG in Peru

UBELONG is, in my mind, the best organization for international volunteering. There are a variety of groups that exploit the travel- and service-hungry millennial generation - providing overpriced trips that don't actually immerse students in the culture. UBELONG is NOT one of these groups. I was impressed in every aspect of their program, particularly in-country issues focus and immersion. I have recommended UBELONG to everyone I know who would like to volunteer abroad, and will continue to do so.

Em

Volunteer in Peru!

I think that UBELONG is a great organization. It is well-organized, easy to contact the right people, and is a really simple and effective way to go to a new country with the security of knowing that you will be able to volunteer somewhere that needs your help. I think that my experiences abroad with UBELONG have been my favorite trips ever, because I was able to combine volunteering and traveling, while learning new things along the way!

I think that the program could help encourage fellow volunteers to interact with one another a little more- I made great friends along the way, but would have loved to meet more people!
Madalyn

UBELONG Cusco, Peru Review

UBELONG gave me the ability to volunteer abroad almost effortlessly. The website was very informative and my mentor was always available for questions and led me along the path to volunteering smoothly. Communication was great. I also appreciated the Pre-Departure booklet. It had a wealth of information that the trip wouldn't have been the same without knowing.

Bill

UBELONG- Cusco, Peru

UBELONG is well run and well organized form start to post trip follow up. Their commitment to quality volunteer experience and impact comes across at every step, from the 50 page preparation booklet to following up on potential problems.

Lindsay

Revitalizing Volunteering with Excellent Organization

This is a review is in regards to a two week volunteer trip that I partook in through UBELONG. UBELONG is a superbly ran organization and having reliable and accessible volunteer staff allowed me to feel comfortable on my first solo volunteer trip. I also want to note that the project and volunteer amenities in Peru adequately reflected the descriptions that were provided and I hope to go on another trip through UBELONG in the near future.

Erika

Cusco, Peru with Ubelong

Volunteering with UBELONG was an amazing experience that allowed me to grow as a person by working with others and learning from locals. The UBELONG staff was very supportive and greatly prepared me for my trip. They stayed in contact with me throughout and after my trip as well. While being by my side, they also gave me the freedom to ask questions and explore the beautiful culture that Peru has to offer. In all, I made wonderful memories and learned great things that will stay with me forever!

If I had to change anything about it, I would say that I wouldve liked to know more about the specific place I was going to volunteer at. I felt like I kind of went into the project blind and did not know what to expect. However, this was not necessarily a bad thing because it left me with no expectations.
Isabella

UBELONG - Awesome Program and Awesome People

UBELONG provided me with a great experience to travel across the world, and make a contribution to the lives of the children I worked with. The UBELONG staff were welcoming, and ready to help both before, during, and after my trip. Alongside this, the people of Peru were so friendly and accommodating that I felt right at home travelling to my placement at an afterschool day care center. If you are worried about travelling alone, don't be! All the volunteers at the house are extremely welcoming, and you will never be at a loss for a friend or companion.

Kuan

Review of UBELONG Volunteer Program

UBELONG is one of the most reputable, reliable and cost-effective international volunteer organizations that I can find. Although it was my first time volunteering overseas, I was not worried and I was well prepared because UBELONG had assisted and guided me very well before the start of my project. I only wish I could stay longer because the project was an awesome experience and it was well worth it.

More nutritious and quantity of food provided would be much appreciated.
Ashley

Two Months in Cusco, Peru

I feel like the two months spent in Peru changed the way I see myself and others. I feel extremely grateful for choosing UBELONG, because of it I met amazing people and not have wonderful memories. There was times when I was ready to come home because of whatever reason but by finishing my stay I was able to grow so much more. I wouldn't change a thing about my experience.

I would like to pay for my all my meals rather than having to pay for them as part as the overall charge.
Chloe

UBELONG was wonderful!

UBELONG was a wonderful organization that provided me with a mentor to answer any questions or help with any difficulties I had in the field. I had some difficulty within my homestay, which the UBELONG team helped me with in a timely fashion. With that being said, if someone has any difficulty within their homestay, they should contact their mentor before mentioning anything to their family.

The students I worked with in the field were wonderful as well. I was greeted with hugs by my students every morning and they were eager to learn. Additionally, they were very kind to me despite our language barrier. The staff at the school was incredibly kind and hospitable as well. They were always looking to help me in some way. Overall, it was a wonderful learning and cultural experience.

I had some difficulty with thievery throughout my time in the field. Making volunteers more aware of theft prevention techniques would be tremendously helpful.
Rufia

Volunteering in a Peruvian childcare

Volunteering internationally was one of the most fun and insightful experiences of my life. I may not have changed the world, but I helped make the lives of these children fun for at least a short time, and I gained an appreciation for everything I take for granted back home.

included Spanish lessons to prepare us for everyday life in the country
Kelly

You do belong!

The volunteer process doesn't just start with wanting to serve others somewhere in the world and choosing an organization that will help you get placed in a good program where you can impact those who you are helping and at the same time having them arrange your stay, is a hard task. If you are like me, you did hours of research before embarking on this great mission. I looked at many different organizations that offered a great experience and to be honest they all sounded great if not the same. When I came across UBelong's website I read many reviews along with the organization's mission statement and it triggered me to keep looking, so when I came across the Business Development project it was exactly what I was looking for. During my stay in Cusco and before, I had a great amount of support from the organization and I didn't have any issues. I had the opportunity to meet Raul Roman which is one of the organizations founders. We had the opportunity of discussing the project I was working with, his experiences while volunteering and how it all came about when creating UBelong. It was a great feeling to know that the founders care for the volunteers and their work. All in all, UBelong gave me the opportunity of helping a great organization where my work was valued, and gave me a chance to see how our work can deeply impact those who benefit from it.

Nico

Personal schedule and what to bring for kids

I like the flexibility that we had during our placement. Volunteers can choose their own time available for work and schedule accordingly to make some spare time for free exploration of the local place -- as long as the work is well arranged.
I highly suggest volunteers (of the after school centre program) to bring toys and books based on quality as well as quantity. Make sure the stuff you bring can be distributed to most of the children and durable. Be patient and open; kids are so earnest and lovely.

Tell the volunteers more about the accommodation (that it is located in a Spanish school previous to their arrival), especially when it is mingled with other programs/organizations: in our case, the Spanish school. We would have had taken more of the classes if we had known that we were going to live there.
The brochure / instruction booklet is REALLY clear and straightforward; because of that, we didn't have any surprise or unprepared experience.

About UBELONG

Most Affordable - Trusted by Thousands - Real Impact

--> Pick from 100+ projects in education, caregiving, conservation, medical and more
--> Go to Africa, Asia, Latin America & Europe