Volunteer in Vietnam: Most Affordable & Real Impact!

UBELONG offers 1-week to 6-month volunteering opportunities in Vietnam in two incredible locations: Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City!

Volunteer in one of these world-class projects:

CAREGIVING
-->Caring for children with disabilities (Hanoi)
-->Caring for children from poor backgrounds (HCMC)

EDUCATION
-->Teaching English (Hanoi)
-->Teaching French (Hanoi)

CONSTRUCTION
-->Light Painting and renovation (Hanoi)

BUSINESS
-->Social entrepreneurship (Hanoi)

NGO SUPPORT
-->Assisting community development organizations (Hanoi)

Visit ubelong.org for more detail - the journey of a lifetime starts there!

• **24/7 in-country support
  • **Volunteer on projects that truly need you
  • **Live in the heart of Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City and enjoy delicious meals every day
  • **Go with a US based organization - legitimacy and peace of mind
  • **The #1 program in Vietnam and with the best reviews!

You should bring some if there's particular things (shower gel, etc )you like from home... as it's always nice to bring some small reminders!! Wetwipes are key, and some handsanitiser, but its a very clean country.. But there will be supermarkets etc so don't panic! Just dont bring too many clothes( only bring plain clothes) so you have more room for souveneirs, as they are so cheap over there if...
Wet wipes are the best travel tool. Good for wiping your face after a long sweaty day, wiping your hands before eating if you don't have a sink or access to fresh water, and usable as toilet paper - just don't flush it! And don't count on local preferences for things like sunscreen and bug spray, you may be sorely disappointed. Don't bother bringing an umbrella, or even a fancy raincoat. Plastic...
Hi Cyndy, the minimum age is 18, unless you are accompanied by a parent/guardian.

Padraic

Ubelong are the best!

I travelled with Ubelong to Hanoi for a month, they were extremely helpful in preparing me for my trip, with amazing communication and organisation all the way to my volunteer house. I was put at ease straight away and never felt that things would go wrong, and they didn't! The most affordable and professional volunteer org by a mile, I will definitely use them again, as I had the most unforgettable experience in Hanoi! Amazing food, people and culture! I miss the heat!

No suggestions, their info pack is very good!
Yun

Rewarding and fun experience!

Thanks UBELONG! I had such a wondering and unforgettable volunteer experience in Hanoi, Vietnam! My three-week project was to teach elementary students English. The class size was about 60, which was a lot bigger than I expected. When I first started teaching Grade 1 students, I found them very difficult to teach. Their vocabulary was very limited even in their native language. It also didn’t help that I did not understand Vietnamese, so I could not understand what they wanted to say. Coming in with very little experience in teaching, I found it difficult to communicate with them or understand their behaviour. But after a few classes, I found some ways to talk to them. For example, I drew pictures, used my body language and used simpler words to communicate with my students. This helped the school children understand me a lot better than before! The locals I met were very warm and friendly. Most Vietnamese people that I met outside of the school didn’t speak much English, but they knew that smile is a universal language. They always smiled at me and tried to talk to me and help me, which really made me feel welcomed in this country! On the weekend, I usually went outside of Hanoi with other volunteers to explore the beautiful nature. Overall, I had an amazing experience because of the great volunteer organization, local supporters, other volunteers and my students!

The food and the living condition could be better in the volunteer house.
Terry

6 weeks in Hanoi with Ubelong

I chose UBELONG from a wide range of options for volunteer projects abroad. I was convinced by their common sense approach, with no attempt to make the project sound too good to be true. Honesty about some of the challenges, as well as the opportunities made UBELONG the obvious choice. The back-up and support from Barbara was also a factor. Further, UBELONG make you work for the opportunity, and that in itself makes it more valuable. I chose to become a volunteer because I wanted to help and to have a new and challenging experience.

option for a single room
Sandra

I will definitely do it again!

UBELONG and especially my mentor Bárbara have been a great support during the preparation phase and during the time I spent on site. I felt perfectly prepared and always in good hands knowing that I could aks all the questions I havae. I would definitely recommend UBELONG to other future volunteers as an experienced and serious organization which is offering valuable projects for the smallest reward.

As much as possible information about the project are requiered to prepare yourself the best way you can. What age the children have, how is their knowledge, what kind of material is given.
Kevin

Incredible Experience with UBELONG

UBELONG is the only organization I came across that clearly puts the needs of the local programs they support ahead of their own bottom line. Unlike other programs, UBELONG's fees are extremely reasonable and their internal support system is second to none! There was never a moment that I didn't feel completely supported prior to my trip or while I was with my local organization in Vietnam. UBELONG sticks to their founding principals in everything that they do and it gives me great pride to know I worked with such a wonderful organization. UBELONG is truly the real deal.

Honestly, for the specific role that UBELONG played in my experience, there isn't anything I would need to change. For a new experience like this the most important things to me were communication and diversity of programs, and UBELONG met or exceeded my expectations in both fields (and others...) time and again.
Chris

Great experience!

Volunteering with UBELONG is easy and fun! I've had one of the best experiences in my life and I wished I stayed in my program for a longer time. Daily life presented an exciting challenge as the culture and language are vastly different than my own. However, that is part of what makes the experience great as you get to immerse yourself in an entirely different environment.

Joe

Joe P

UBELONG provided with the tools to embark on my first international experience in a country very unlike my own so I could go out and find what we have in common. I am truly changed for the better because of my stay in Vietnam and all of the serendipitous things that happened along the way.

Mariana

Vietnam for real

I've always had company to go on an adventure like this one, my best friend, but lacked the rest. The courage, the time and organization. The UBELONG provided me all the conditions that I needed to realize a dream. It is a reliable association and very concerned so the volunteers who run this mission, have total access to all the information they need and offers plenty of choices. It offers many dreams!

I think that it could be better for the association and for further volunteers, if the program was a little bite cheaper. It would also be important if the organization is closest to the offices of each country, so they can keep in touch and to know what is going on, every day.
Fabian

Friendship is the greatest gift in the world

As I worked alongside doctors in Vietnam I not only made fellow coworkers but a variety of good friends who shared their knowledge with me, both in practice and social skills. I have gained a variety of knowledge and I can only hope I left a great impact in there lives just as they made a positive impact in my life.

I don't think I would change anything its a volunteer organization and I didn't expect to get treated like a 5 star hotel. One thing I did dislike is the fake people who just go over to get there certificate.
Lisa

UBELONG in Hanoi

As an educator, I've always wanted to make my time off in the summertime meaningful. For as long as I can recall, I've wanted to teach abroad or volunteer and give back to a community. I spent a lot of time researching different volunteer organizations, but had difficulty finding one that was affordable, organized, and reputable. Through word-of-mouth, I discovered UBELONG. The application was straightforward, the programs were diverse and located nationwide, and it was extremely organized--on paper and in person. I definitely will volunteer with UBELONG again and look forward to trying out new projects and locations.

I think there should always be another volunteer on the same project with you for support, collaboration, and commuting purposes.
Romain

NGO Volunteer in Ho Chi Minh City

I volunteered in Ho Chi Minh City for one month in an NGO specialized on public health matters, especially HIV/AIDS among stigmatized populations such as LGBT, migrant workers or female sex workers. My duties mainly consisted in drafting training material about Vietnamese Labour Law reform, organizing some English teaching lessons, for the staff, drafting a research proposal about how to tackle HIV in LGBT population efficiently and at a cheap cost.

I clearly had one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences of my life, as I had to work in a foreign environment and had to submit proposals before a certain deadline. I really enjoyed the fact that UBELONG could appoint me to an organization for which I could use my scholar and Professional background to carry out my duties. The range of opportunities is really wide and everybody should find the program that fits the best.

UBELONG provides you some support, via the mentor, throughout your mission and it feels really comfortable to always have an interlocutor with whom you can share your experience and ask for help or support, if needed.

In the end, I urge everybody that want to use his/her university skills to apply for the NGO program because it is at the same time challenging for you in so far as it develops your Professional / contextual skills and it really helps the NGO. You feel you make a real impact!

Lina

My trip in Vietnam

I stayed 4 weeks in Vietnam as an English teacher thanks to UBELONG. It was my first experience as a volunteer and I'm glad to say that UBELONG is a really serious organization and the people who are working there are always very helpful. If I could recommend a mentor it would be Barbara, she took care of me and prepared me for my trip and for that I thank her !!

The best part of my trip is that I met a lot of people who are now my friends. And when you volunteer of course you share your own culture with the local people but you also learn a new one. This is the part that makes you grow up, you discover something different from what you are used to. That's the thing that I really liked as a volunteer.

John

UBELONG: Volunteered in Ha Noi, Vietnam

My three weeks in Ha Noi, Vietnam as a UBELONG volunteer gave me a unique perspective of the world and allowed me to step out of my comfort zone. Although my original project was caring for disabled children, I had an opportunity to teach English for Community Classes, and I decided to switch to that project because I felt that I was better suited and would be more effective. I helped teach primary, pre-intermediate, and advanced level English classes. I was attracted to UBELONG because the organization provided me an outstanding and affordable program to volunteer abroad, in any country I desired. My UBELONG mentor, Barbara Barbosa, was there to guide me and make sure I was well prepared for my journey ahead. I gained new experiences and overcame obstacles by taking this opportunity to volunteer abroad. Overall, I had a great time volunteering and meeting both international and local people in Ha Noi.

Deea

Great experience

I discovered UBELONG while searching for reliable and professional volunteer opportunities. I had a very good experience with volunteering at my project in Hanoi, Vietnam. The UBELONG team is extremely dedicated in ensuring that you have a successful trip. I would highly recommend UBELONG to anyone seeking to experience living and working abroad. It just might be the opportunity you were waiting for!

Ryan

UBELONG - Ho Chi Minh City - Review

After searching extensively on the internet for a volunteer organization, I could find no better program than UBELONG. Highly affordable and well-organized, UBELONG gave me the opportunity to travel and work in a wonderful country. for eight weeks. At every step of the way, someone was there to guide me and make sure I was prepared for the journey ahead. At the volunteer site, local volunteers showed me how to get around, the best places to eat, and what places to avoid. And, as my project progressed, my mentor, Raul, checked in to make sure everything was going well. All in all, I had a great time volunteering in Ho Chi Minh City for UBELONG and I highly recommend the program to anyone looking to do some international volunteer work.

If anything, I would have appreciated the opportunity to speak with someone who had went on the HCMC trip previously. Raul, my mentor, did perfectly fine in answering all my questions and concerns, but I still would have liked to speak with someone who had been on the trip before.

About UBELONG

Most Affordable - Trusted by Thousands - Real Impact

--> Pick from 100+ projects in education, caregiving, conservation, medical and more
--> Go to Africa, Asia, Latin America & Europe