UltimateOz: Work & Travel Australia

UltimateOz: Work & Travel Australia

Join us on Ultimate Bali in 2017!
Ready for an adventure? Book Ultimate Bali with a mate & get 50% off the second booking on all 2017 departures! Travelling solo? No worries! Join us this year & save $100!

We look forward to having you on an Ultimate adventure soon. See you in paradise!

Looking for the ultimate way to start your Gap Year down under?! UltimateOz is the perfect introduction to the Aussie way of life. Meet like minded travellers from across the globe and experience an epic first week to kick start your new adventure.

Get started in Sydney, explore what this amazing city has to offer before escaping the hustle & bustle at UltimateOz Basecamp. It's an awesome week full of adventures including city & beach walks, Sydney Harbour Cruise, sand boarding, bush walk, dolphin cruise, and even a pub crawl!

Aside from all the fun, we'll set you up with everything you'll need such as: 12 Month Travellers At Work membership allowing you access to thousands of jobs across Australia, an Aussie bank account, Tax File Number, 12 Month Mail Sevice, SIM card, Tax Refunds, and Medicare.

Everything will be pre-arranged, so you can relax & let our ULTIMATE tour leaders take you on the trip of your lifetime!

• Welcome Dinner & Orientation, City & Beach Walks
Visa
Primary Language
Age Max
Deposit
Our UltimateOz 7-Night Sydney Arrival Package includes accommodation, all activities in the itinerary, some food & drinks, transfers and expert tour leaders. We will arrange everything you need to be able to get paid to work in Australia (bank account and tax file number etc) and you also get a 12 month membership to a database filled with the latest jobs with Travellers at Work!

Hey Claudia, Thanks for getting in touch! As part of the UltimateOz package, you get a 12-month membership to our in-house recruitment agency, Travellers at Work. There are a range of jobs that get posted all the time, from call centre work, to child care, labor work and regional work opportunities (great for saving money!). You can take a look at the types of jobs available here - www.taw.com.au...
Hi May, Great question! After Basecamp, you head back to Sydney for another couple of days with your group ... you'll do one of the best coastal walks around, from Coogee to Bondi and there's an awesome pub crawl planned too! When it comes to jobs, we give you a 12-month membership to our in-house recruitment agency - you'll have full access to all the jobs that we get through, which include anyth...

Lexi
Northeastern University

Unforgettable first week in Oz!

I've travelled quite a bit, and UltimateOz is by far the best group tour I've ever been on! I was so excited to come to Sydney, and UltimateOz made the adjustment so easy! The tour guides and all the staff who work in the office are so welcoming and made me feel right at home. I was also really impressed with the variety of activities we did on the tour. We got to visit the main tourist attractions (nothing beats the Opera House!), but also parts of Sydney that I would not have gotten to see on my own. Basecamp is definitely a big plus! You get to do so much out of the city - sandboarding, holding reptiles, hiking - AND I got to meet a kangaroo joey!

The best part though was definitely the people! I made some amazing friends and hilarious memories, and I know we'll keep in touch! Even the tour guides became our friends and fit right into the group, but were there to help us whenever we had questions or problems.

Some more minor details that really made the trip that much better: accommodation and food. We stayed in a hostel in Sydney, but it was so clean and high quality compared to most I've been to (trust me, I've seen my fair share) - it felt more like a hotel. Plus there's a bar underneath (woop woop)! We also had amazing rooms at basecamp, and all the meals included were delicious (having flashbacks to the BBQ!).

A big reason I originally signed up with UltimateOz was to have help with jobs, housing, and other necessities the whole time I'm here. I'm definitely glad I did because having that security is a huge bonus to me. The first week just made me happier with my choice! UltimateOz is an incredible way to arrive in Australia, and I highly recommend the tour to anyone coming to Sydney for a gap year!

I think this program is amazing as it is, especially for the price! Definitely worth it!!

Victoria
Uk

What a week!

Its the first time ive ever travelled on my own! The team were so friendly, so supportive and honest. They have so much travel experience which helps you pick the spots to go to and to avoid. Would definitely recommend. great package to meet new people and find your way around in the first week. The groups are a good age range too! At 26 i was worried that id be too old compared to the others. Shame it has to end but ive just booked to do the east coast for a month with ultimate

Amandine
Australian College of Applied Psychology

Ultimateoz

Had an amazing time with all the people over there! Nice staff and you really have to do it during your first week of your gap year! They will help looking for work and planning your next travel adventures. We had Anna as guide and she was more like a friend to us!! We laughed a lot and I really would do it over again. Dont worry about your gap year everything will be clear after this week. You will make friends all over the world

More food at basecamp

Hugo

Best Week Ever!

I only booked my UltimateOz adventure a couple of weeks before I left (I recommend booking earlier than me) but the contact with Ultimate was great, they were really helpful with my (quite vague) questions. When everything was booked up I started the rest of my preparations and the Ultimate website, blog and e-mails really helped me with sorting out what I needed to do and what I had to take with me.
When I arrived in Australia a bit delayed and got to UltimateOz HQ on the pre-arranged airport shuttle I immediately felt welcome and making friends turns out to be really easy when you travel alone, especially if you start with a group of people who are experiencing the same thing as you.
The first things you do upon arrival is installing your simcard and going to the bank. It really is nice to not have any stress or trouble getting a simcard or opening a bank account because everything is already provided for (all you need to do is leave some information on the bank site when you're still at home but it's done in a couple of minutes).
After arranging these gap-year-essentials, the fun part starts; the amazing activities! Without exaggeration, my week with UltimateOz was one of the best weeks I have ever had. I have had so many new experiences I never would have gotten without this tour, it was simply great. Before I left, I found a video on the Ultimate website and I really thought it was exaggerated, but when I experienced it myself, I thought back and realised every place I went to was as beautiful and magical as in that video.
My tour guide was Anna Gault, and she made our week so good. She was always kind and helpful, making sure everyone was having the best time. She was really funny as well (there has been no place we went to without a laugh because of Anna's talks) and took a lot of pictures to make sure we would take home loads of memories. At the end of the week, she was no longer just the tour guide, she felt more like a friend.
I'm sure I'll meet up with her and a lot of the other friends I've made in just one week again. If you're doubting about starting your gap year in Australia with UltimateOz or doubting coming to Australia at all, go for it. I came to Australia with little to no expectations, but I've already made so many friends here in just one week because of Ultimate, I cannot wait what the rest of my gap year will bring!

The party night was great, but we only went to two bars, and one of them was a place we'd been on another night.

Miriam
Germany

Perfect Start into Work&Travel

Fantastic week where I've met really nice people and a wonderful group guide. During the week with Ultimate Oz I had a lot of fun and I made amazing activities. The Start&Fun package was the perfect start into my Work&Travel adventure, and I would recommend the organisation to all young people who want to travel to Australia. It was a great experience! Thank you Anna for this wonderful week. It was really amazing!

Helen
Deutschland

Ultimate Oz

I had a very good time this week!
It was so much fun and very helpfull for my Start in Australia :-) Our tour leader Anna was fantastic we had so much fun with her!
The trip includes a lot of great experiences like sightseeing around Sydney, sandboarding and a 2 day getaway at Basecamp. 100% loved every minute of this week!
The tours were great and you will find friends from all over the world! 😊

Dana

Ultimate Oz

Had some fantastic days with UltimateOz.
It was the best start for our working holiday and met nice people.
Our guide Anna was really organized. She‘s amazing and really friendly.
The tours were great and you have the Chance to meet friends from all over the world!
If you're going to Australia, do UltimateOz! Just do it! The guides are amazing, and they make sure your first week in Oz is absolutely amazing. You do so many activities and great things for the cost, and they get so many things ready and in order for your stay in Australia. Highly recommended!

Alina

Start and Fun- Ultimate Oz

I booked the start and fun program and it was a great experience. Everything was planned perfectly and it was a very nice and relaxed tour guide. The Ultimate Oz crew was verz friendly and motivated to help with any problems which needs to be solved. I would totally recommend this to everyone who wants to have a nice first week in Australia with many other people.
I will do more tours with them every time.

Bernard
Wakeup
Soka University of America

Go with ultimate

At first I was not really sure if a starting week like ultimate is really necessary, but now I know it really helped me out. It counters all the stress of entering a strange country, and all you do the first week is just having fun, more fun than any other week before. Also you settle some necessary things, for example getting a bank account, a sim card and they provide you some helpful tips about Australia.
#bestweekever

julius

GO WITH ULTIMATE

It was a perfect start!
Before I left Germany I thought about traveling without an organisation. Im happy that I changed my mind. I think an organisation like Ultimate is definitively recommendable because it gives you the perfect start. You meet up with great people and you make a lot of experience. Its worth it.
Whenever you have a problem or you need help while booking a hostel, Ultimate helps you.
So if you are reading this review right now you should definitively book the start and fun week.

Thanks to Ultimate OZ for the awesome week.

- Julius :)

Natasha

Ultimate oz

Ultimate oz is a fantastic introduction to Sydney! I would fully reccomend if you are traveling alone, I have made loads of fab friends!
You find lots of little gems that you would never have found without the company, like sandboarding in a national park!!!
Becky and steph were fantastic guides, so enthusiastic, helpful and most importantly always made sure that everyone was having fun!
Base camp out in the bush was a brilliant experience of the real Australia. It was fab being outdoors and seeing all the nature and wildlife.
Thank you Ultimate Oz, see you in Bali!

Ole

Was nice

It was a perfect first week in Australia! ltimate Oz has been a fantastic introduction to Australia! Becky and Steph were always enthusiastic, answered all of my questions and most importantly made sure that everyone had fun! I would highly reccomend using Ultimate Oz if you want to see all that there is to see in Sydney, make lots of new friends and see all the little gems you wouldn't have found without them.
Thank you Ultimate Oz for a brilliant week, see you in Bali!

Mike

Fantastic trip!

Best experience on my first week of my Australia work and travel, about to come back to Sydney on my last 2 nights and it has been a blast so far! Everyone is so helpful such as the tour guides Becky and Steph.

Basecamp one mile beach is so beautiful at morning sunrise , we get to have some free time at camp to go and swim in the beach but wished we had more than just a day at the sandy beach!

Lots of walking around maybe use better transport method

Nirutt

Ultimate Oz

Just about to finish my first week with Ultimate Oz and I have to admit I wasn't expecting much activities but was surprised with so many awesome opportunities and experiences along the way such as the catamaran cruise in Sydney harbour as well as Basecamp and the one mile beach. During this trip I've made so many new friends and was able to familiarise and help me settle in Australia, the tour guides Stephanie and Becky were really helpful and looked after us for the time here!

Travelling back from Basecamp could be improved as public bus trip were a little long with our baggage.

Kristel Faye
Azusa Pacific University

Oz Intro

So, I wasn't the typical participant for this trip. I wasn't 18-24 years old doing a gap year. I wouldnt be extending my trip past the 8 or so days we were together. With that said, I thought the trip did a good job introducing me to Sydney with a few weeks here and there. Basecamp was a ton of fun...honestly don't forget to take advantage of the beach while you're there! Sad to leave my group (#thecore) but so stoked to have met everyone. Including our tour guide Anna!!!! #besttourguideever

Less walking. Haha.

Johanna

Would recommend

I just finished my first week in Australia with Ultimate Oz.
I would recommend this program since it helped me to get settled in Down Under. You will experience a lot in a short amount of time and get detailed information about your Work&Travel Year. The Ultimate Team is super chilled and will help you with everything.
Even though I would recommend this Trip in my opinion it is a little pricey since not all meals are included and you have to pay for some bus transportation

More meals included
Less time spend at side bar

Bradley

Sik Trip

Unbelievable experience to start off your travels in Australia ! Great time with some mates and staff are ever so friendly ! Definitely worth it! People will definitely love the boat cruise through the Sydney harbour with the picturesque views. Then spending time in the beach camp gives you a real Australian experience living out in the wilderness with your mates. Highly recommend telling everyone about this, you will not regret spending your money on the trip. Abi is also pretty sick.

Can't

Dannii

Ultimate Oz

Had an amazing first week in Australia, thank you Becky and the rest of the Ultimate crew for a fabulous time!! Now looking at booking more Ultimate tours! We were able to experience so much with Utlimate including cruises, sports and even Australian wildlife. They also made a birthday very special by going out and buying a cake etc. Not every travel company would do that! The guides spoke a variety of different languages so that everyone was included and their outgoing personalities made everyone feel welcome and encouraged us to have even more fun. Thank you

Owain

Amazing team, amazing trip

The ultimate oz adventure is an amazing week, the team fill the week up so much it is surprising how cheap it is in comparison. The tour guides are all so much fun and extremely helpful, I do not regret any of it one bit. The first day was a fun way of meeting all the people you spend your time with, second day was an amazing boat cruise and bbq with alot of fun things to do, third day Wednesday we headed off to Base Camp for a fun day and camping trip on the beach, 5th day was again in Base Camp and included a lot of sight seeing and sand boarding, 6th day was another amazing cruise and last day was a fun good bye to the team.

All of the participants could be put in the same room in the hostel to begin with so that you get to be with your new friends more.

Adriane

Backpacker ultimateOz

I highly recommend ultimateOz they are so friendly and funny as well! The tour guides are so cool! The activities are so nice the places you are going to explore are wonderful and it's pretty cool when you can do it with such a crazy and funny group like I did with ULTIMATEOZ.
You will make many friends!
It's awesome guys :D I had an great time I really didn't want to miss. They will help you out if you have any questions. You can call them or write them they will always be there for you. I am really glad I booked my travel with ultimateOz. I had a really funny and exciting time.

Mariska

UltimateOz

The week of UltimateOz was great! All of the activities were so much fun and it was really nice to met people from all over the world. I especially liked the Harbour Cruise and the Basecamp! The guidance was great and you can ask them everything. They help you with a simcard for your phone, a bankaccount, finding work and planning trips. So if you are planning a trip to Australia, UltimateOz is a really good start for your adventure in Australia!

Anne

Anne Salemink

Ultimate oz has been such a good start to Australia, everything is organised for you. It was nice to meet so much other people. The staff was so good and nice. They will help you with everything. It was a very nice start in Australia. The hostels are great and clean. And you can easily meet a lots of people. So Ultimate is a great company with an awesome team. Every place we have been has been good and the guides have loads of knowledge. Office team were all mega helpful and really friendly. They help make ultimate travel not just an ultimate week. Highly recommended

Tony

Ultimate oz Australia!!

Ultimate Oz Australia was an amazingly program for preparing travelers to live in a new country while meeting new people and doing fun activities. I had a great week with this organization and met some good friends through it! My favourite part was base camp, we seen a lot of cool animals and sand boarding was such a fun new experience. I felt very safe the intire time and didn't have to worry about much because almost everything was included to the price your originally pay.

Elissa

Ultimate Oz Tour

Roughly two months ago I decided to leave my home country Canada, I had a goal to see as much of the world as I could while still young. I first looked for a destination, Australia was the most perfect candidate. With still being a long 24 hours of travel away from home, it is the most similar to Canadian culture with all the sights I've dreamed to see on my travels. I searched for roughly 2 years on where to start, how to do it, programs avaliable, everything you could imagine being involved with the goal to move to a new country on a working traveling visa. After long efforts I came across a company called smaller earth which had lots of programs all over the world using smaller companies inside those countries to run them. Ultimate Oz was one of the organizations that was based in Sydney Australia. Long story short I found this to be the absolute best candidate for the start of my travels, it consists of a perfect mix between help with finding work, banking, your visa, getting a phone plan, everything along with tours and activities. Currently I have been in Australia for 5 days, within these five days I have seen all the major sights in Sydney including the opera house, Sydney harbour bridge, gone on a catamaran cruise through the Sydney harbour, traveled to port Stephens, gone sand dune boarding, went on a dolphin watching tour, hiked to the most beautiful summit, I've held snakes and lizards and searched for koala bears, organized an Australian bank account, learnt all about working here and more all in just 5 days. I've had expireiences in one day many people wouldn't have done their entire life. All pre arranged and done with ultimate Oz, in a group of 21 where I know I've already met some amazing friends from all over the world. The tour guides (Becky and Anna) are amazing, both having travel expierience and on the same working travel visa I am and done these tours them self, they are so relatable and helpful in tips and options I would've never known about without them on traveling and working. They have made this group come together as one and make sure every single person has their own personable experience with every event. I would've never imagined I would be here today and met these amazing people without this program. The company them selves has different programs all over the world and multiple in Australia, because of how perfect this first part of my journey has been I decided to continue the traveling first, to work later and booked their ultimate east coast tour where I can hop on and hop off anywhere along the way and stay as long as I want all being prepaid and prearranged to take me up the east coast and see anything and everything I would've. Missed going on my own. I would highly recommend this program to every person I know wether it's your first time trip or you're an experienced traveler it would still be perfect for you. I am so thankful for the opportunity to experience this and have made such great friends even with the tour guides. Becky and Anna you've been amazing thank you and thank you ultimate Oz!

Jamina

Ultimate Oz

If you want to work and travel in Australia, I really recommend booking your first week in Australia with Ultimate Oz in Sydney. You do a lot of fun stuff like a dolphin cruise, Sydney city walk and sandboarding (look at the site), they have great guides/leaders (Anna and Becky) and they help you with the boring stuff, like bank account, sim card and TFN. They also provide a lot of info and help you with booking other great trips.

Maybe have different programmes for winter and summer. It was winter when I was here and I didn't get to swim with dolphins.

Julie

UltimateOZ Sydney

I'm having the most amazing time with ultimateOZ! Anna and Becky , our tour gides, are awesome. They are the most enthusiastic people I've ever met, and they're really good at what they're doing. I saw the highlights of Sydney and did some really cool things such as spotting dolphins, go on a cruise, sandboarding etc. This all was with an amazing group of backpackers who are all there for the same reason as you are. I highly recommend booking this trip, because you will have the most amazing time in Australia!

Lukas
Berlin, Germany

Awesome Week

It was a Great Week. There was so much fun and the basecamp it is Amazing. This is a Thinge that You Never forget for the Rest of your life.
Die Woche war der Hammer und hat so viel Spaß gemacht allein wegen des basecamps lohnt sich die Woche Basecamp.

Go to a Party with the Others more often

Julian

A great week

My experience with ultimateOz was a really good one! Especially the basecamp was awesome with the domesticated kangaroo Josi which is running around the area ! The support you get at the office in Sydney is also stunning !

I think the basecamp is most peoples highlight, so maybe the stay there could be extended.

Jess

Excellent!

I am so glad I booked with UltimateOz! 9 months into my stay in Australia and the staff are still supporting me, helping me to book my travels, answering questions and always being so friendly and helpful! The activities during the first week were so much fun. The guides made it so easy to feel relaxed and welcomed in a new country. I made some amazing friends in my week with Ultimate and will never forget the experience.

Aaron

Ultimate Oz 2015!

Had so much fun doing Ultimate Oz, such a great week. Met so many great people who will be friends for life.

We had so much support during our first week and we continue to feel supported while we continue with our travels.

I would reccommend this to anyone who is coming to Australia

Huge thanks to Alex and Jess and everyone in the office

Ultimate Travel is here to make sure you have the perfect start to your adventure! Whether you're longing for pristine white beaches and the bustling cities of Thailand, the serenity, culture and awesome activities that Vietnam has to offer, or you want to experience life