This program is no longer offered. View more programs from AAG - Alliance Abroad Group.
Alliance Abroad | Paid Internships in Australia - Temporarily Suspended

Alliance Abroad | Paid Internships in Australia - Temporarily Suspended

Winner of the 2016 Global Youth Travel Extraordinary Experience Award!

The intern program is temporarily suspended while we work with country and employer specifications. In the meantime, we have ample opportunities to work in some of Australia's finest resorts and hotels. Please see visit Work Experience Australia.

Secure an internship before you depart for Australia. Alliance Abroad Group offers a variety of internships including 6-12 month, great paying Hospitality Internships and 3-6 month, career-boosting Business & Event Internships. In addition to placing you in the internship of your dreams, we have a dedicated "Team Australia" based both in the US and in Australia. Team Australia is with you every step of the way to ensure you have a great experience. Before you depart, your assigned coordinator helps you prepare. Once in country, a housing coordinator helps you secure safe, affordable housing. Throughout your program, our in-country staff provide support, schedule Meet Ups and make sure your experience is phenomenal.

Oceania » Australia » Sydney
Age Requirement
Language Requirement
Experience Requirement
Visa Requirement
Paid Hospitality Interns make $25,000-$40,000 in 12 months. A program fee is required for both Hospitality and Business & Event Internships. Taxback payment deferral options exist as well as finance and funding options on our website.

Whitney
Craig

My Austrlian Experience, Alliance Abroad Group

Going to Australia was one of the best decisions I have made. I have never traveled much around the US and never overseas. I met the very best people and did some amazing things. However, I was extremely disappointed in Alliance Abroad Group. I had a few problems when I first got to Oz and got absolutely no help from the program. The locals were far more helpful and made my experience enjoyable. The only thing my program did for me is show me the steps to get there, and even with that, I had to do a lot of prompting.

Rebecca
Broome, Western Australia

Broome, Western Australia- Cable Beach Club Resort

So I've been here 3 weeks. I love it! I'm almost all used to the job front desk at Cable Beach Club resort. Plus, the weather here is beautiful, really hot, but Broome is going into its dry season starting in May so it will be a little bit cooler, but will still be at 29-35 degrees instead of 35-40 like it has been for their summer. Everyone around the accommodation village is really friendly, welcoming and nice. I really like the resort I work at. It is like a little paradise because of its gardens and lily ponds and unique guest rooms. And, is directly across from Cable beach- which is an awesome beach with white sand that goes on forever and clear blue water. I am so happy to be here, and am excited for my stay

Mitch

Thanks for the Experience

At home, I felt stuck. Never having been outside the comfort of family support and familiarity in life, I started feeling a bit insecure and developed a pessimistic attitude. Upset with myself and always having yearned to experience travel and life abroad, I decided to apply to Alliance and start an adventure. After a 6-month program in Melbourne, Australia, I felt rejuvenated! I gained a ton of confidence in many aspects of my life - both personally and socially. Most importantly, I feel inspired and ambitious about my next steps in life.
I thank Alliance for the opportunity, having assisted greatly with the application process and ultimate transitions that at first seemed a bit overwhelming. It was a great experience and I recommend this program to anyone looking for adventure, growth, and self-improvement. Thanks again

Reduce the application fee. $1500 for the 6-months program is quite expensive.

Adam
Wildwood Crest, New Jersey
Richard Stockton College of New Jersey

WASTE OF MONEY-- Don't be scammed like we did!

Gosh where do I even begin? Three of my close friends and I decided to make this venture for OZ--with the "help" of AAG. We interviewed with our first coordinator together, stating we wanted to do the 6 month program, and do it all together--we wanted to go at the same time (around November for 6 months) and we all planned on living together--all requirements AAG were fully aware of in order for us to give them the enrollment fee from EACH of us. We ended up being placed in Sydney because "it was the easiest place for them to place all four of us"--per AAG.

First mistake AAG made was the fact they didn't get all of us jobs simultaneously, then also were trying to send us at all different times--some months apart (Myself in September, two friends in October, and one in November). We made due with the timing, negotiated with the different jobs and made it work-- three of us arrived Mid October and our one friend came out to OZ three weeks later since they couldn't get her a job immediately like us--even though we all have a lot of Hospitality work experiences, and applied at the same time. In the whole process of getting the job, AAG makes it seem like they're assisting you by providing you 'To Do Lists' and links and tasks you need to complete--all things you're essentially capable of doing yourself with the assistance of Google. Obtaining a Working Holiday Visa for Australia as an American is as easy as filling out a shopping survey online. Any 20-something-year-old can figure this out on their own, it's not difficult. AAG made it seemed like you NEEDED them in order to pull of something like this--without them you'd be overwhelmed--not the case at all.

Another big mistake that AAG made was the fact that they made it seem like you'll find housing super easy as soon as you arrive to OZ. NO! IT’S VERY DIFFICULT. AAG suggests you to stay in the hostel they provide info for for 3-5 nights while you search for housing--we met some people that had lived in the hostel for weeks when we had arrived, some even months, while still searching for housing! Housing is also not cheap at all. Given our situation, AAG was fully aware that 4 of us were planning on living together--we had zero stipulations, as long as it was safe, a 6 month lease, and a furnished property that could comfortably house 4 of us. This was like looking for a needle in a haystack! The worst part was that AAG made it seemed like we would find something almost immediately--not the case one bit. After over 30 viewings of properties, extreme exhaustion from jet lag and time constraints with our work contracts nearly beginning, and fear of being homeless in another country, we found a place in Glebe--a two bedroom, 1.5 bathroom and paid over $1,200 per week to live there. The ideal living situation came crashing to a halt as we had no other choice but to take this option. What I find the biggest problem with this situation was that AAG didn't help ONE BIT, even when we called them and begged them to help us find something--and all they ever came back was with different website links to look for housing. Like, uhhhhh HELLO WE'RE ALREADY DOING THAT! AAG didn't forewarn us about where we should look for appropriate housing for 4 people, how to go about finding places and perhaps looking at different companies that assist with finding housing (which is what we ended up finding through another Study Abroad Program--a program that didn't ask for a dime from us and just voluntarily helped us.), how much certain areas would cost us, etc. Nothing! AAG literally did NOTHING.

Another problem, my company I worked for was told the wrong start date by AAG--and called me when I hadn't shown up. I explained that they had the wrong date, and apparently AAG told them the wrong date--not the day that I was supposed to work as per my contract I signed. Like could AAG get ANYTHING right during this process?

A few months into our experience here, the AAG contact I was working with apparently left the company--no one ever informed us this was happening and we were assigned a new director that we've never even communicated with prior. Honestly, not one person at this company was helpful--except the initial person you speak with upon signing up. Even then, they makes this experience seem like it's going to be the most amazing thing in the whole world, and AAG will be there if you need them, or feel lost, or have questions, etc. They have not done one thing to assist us--and upon asking for a refund of our money, or a partial refund they basically scoffed and said that we signed ourselves away after that contract is signed for our job. My lawyer said the same thing after presenting it to her. I even told AAG that I was getting my lawyer involved, and the director said in a condescending demeanor, and I quote, "Good, I love when this happens..."

Listen, my goal here isn't to just bash AAG and that's it. Australia was an awesome time, I learned a lot in so many different aspects--but going through AAG was not the way to go AT ALL. If you want to feel used, waste money, and basically waste countless hours dealing with useless people--then by all means, AAG would be perfect for you. If you want to move across the world and work in Australia--go on Google and look up what you need to get a visa, save your money, plus some, so when you come here you can enjoy time while finding a job (which is super easy to do by the way--hospitality has heaps of open positions over here) and finding housing, meet as many Aussies as you can and they'll direct you where to live, where to eat, where to avoid, etc. It's jaunting at first but totally doable on your own. AAG provides this false veil of security because you gave them a lot of money and time--but I felt quite alone in the beginning even being here with three friends. We all felt stranded and used once we arrived in OZ. My friends also had horrible experiences, one wasn't even guaranteed his job when he went to meet with them upon arrival--the other was bounced around through many venues all over the place--commuting up to 4hrs per day, everyday, to get to one venue, the other friend was forced to work ridiculous overnight hours, then work the next afternoon, multiple times, even after presenting this issue to HR-- it completely screwed with her body's normal schedule and she either had to do it or quit. I could go on, and on and on--but my main goal with this review is to tell you, yes you, the skeptical person not sure if signing up for this is a good idea or not, STOP. DON'T DO IT! You have been warned now--it is a complete waste of money! All of this has been expressed to AAG and they have done NOTHING to fix the situation--they've offered apologies and that's about it. Thanks for nothing!

Response from AAG - Alliance Abroad Group

Hi Adam,
It’s disheartening to read these comments because we care very much about our program and participants and this is the first we have heard of some of these issues. The whole purpose and our company and our personal passion is to create opportunities for amazing and meaningful experiences working abroad.

AAG is a company of global travelers and we know how enriching and rewarding the experience can be, which is why we created a business to offer the chance for people to experience the world with the comfort of having support and a guaranteed job. Many of us ventured out on our own without support or jobs waiting, and we wanted to offer more to others.

Some of the issues you mention are beyond our control, but we do our best to match employer openings with participant preferences. It is difficult to find placements for large groups with one employer, which is why we recommended Sydney as being the best chance for finding work for 5 people. Employers generally do not like placing friends in the same department.

We were thrilled to find a 6-month placement for you as an Assistant Restaurant Manager– and were delighted that you agreed to start ahead of the group for this amazing opportunity. We had a unique opportunity to offer you an excellent salary for a short-term visa. The employer was very excited to have someone of your experience and skills. We have since placed another participant in the same role, and he is an enthusiastic referral and testimonial for this program. We were happy to find all your friends work and delighted to pay the referral fee to Frank because participant endorsement and referral is our greatest testimony of success. We’d love to have their feedback in person, so we can course correct and provide employer feedback. We’re sorry that one of your group cancelled, but we worked it out with the employer and refunded the fee to despite the fact that she cancelled after being offered the position.

Housing can be tricky as not all employers offer assistance and certain locations are easier than others to secure housing. We know that Tim on our staff worked very hard to help and when it became an issue, we enlisted an AAG partner (not a study abroad provider) to help us find furnished housing. We are making sure that we provide participants with a realistic view of the cost of living including housing in certain areas so that they can plan accordingly.

When you mentioned contacting a lawyer we could NEVER say we are pleased that you would need to resort to that or that we “love” or “welcome” the opportunity. In fact, our program director wanted to do everything he could to ensure that did not happen. In fact, he was deeply upset that you could have misunderstood that he said just the opposite! We don’t want negative feedback, but more importantly, we prefer that you are happy and satisfied with the experience as most of our participants are, including those still working and participating in our meetups and social groups. We’re sorry that you and your friends did not chose to participate in our regular meet ups because it’s a great way to connect and make friends and create a local network, so no one has to feel alone or lonely.

We’re troubled that in recent communication with one of our Program Coordinators for tax advice, you did not mention these complaints so we could have discussed them and straightened out any misunderstanding.

We do appreciate any chance to improve our services and we hope you chose to communicate with us directly.

We’re pleased that Australia was an amazing adventure and only wish you had a more favorable impression of AAG. We take your comments to heart and hope you return our calls and connect with us in person.

Anonymous
Melbourne

Internship

Having the opportunity to work aborad was amazing. However, going through this program, I was not paid a decent living wage. It's kind of ridiculous acutally how little I was paid and how much my job wanted me to work.
I felt like there was only one job for me and no one else would look at my resume. I took a job that I wasn't totally thrilled with. On top of that, I had no idea how high the rent was here, and over half of my pay goes to that, leaving maybe $100 for extra activities after food and other living expenses. How am I supposed to see more of AU than my office with that? I paid over $2000 for this, and I was given 2 days in a hostel, and no idea where to look to live, and what price was good. I feel as though I would have been better off taking my chances and just moving here and looking for a job and actually get paid minimum wage!

Response from AAG - Alliance Abroad Group

Hello,
Thank you for your thoughts. It sounds like it's been a very challenging time for you in Australia so far and that there are many things making you feel unhappy at the moment. We strive to work as a team with you and be upfront about what is possible for you through our program. However, it seems like there could have been some miscommunication and if that is the case, we apologize for that. We certainly still encourage you to reach out as we definitely want to learn more about the details of your situation and help you; Your experience doesn't need to stay like this - Let's work together to make it better.

We welcome critical feedback; We appreciate the opportunity to improve our program and of course, to help you solve problems and better your experience with us and Australia. Please feel free to call our 24/7 toll-free number anytime or contact me directly at: [email protected]. We can assist you right away. We love Australia and we want to help you enjoy your time here as well! Best wishes, Anita Program Manager, Alliance Abroad - Australia

Pat
Melbourne, VIC, Aus
Coastal Carolina University

Life in Melbs!

Hi guys my names Pat I have been in Melbourne for almost 3 months now and it has been an absolute joy. Yes I miss my family and friends back in the states, but take yourself out of your comfort zone! You'll learn a lot about yourself just by experiencing a new country and culture. I have met a lot of friends from all over the world that really give you a different perspective then what you are used to back home. Melbourne is an amazing city with so much to offer from the food, the coffee, the nightlife, and my favorite the sports culture!

Arriving for the first time was a surreal experience, it was like the first day of Freshmen year of college and I encourage everyone to take the leap and come check out Aussie!

Mary

I'm finally here!

I still can't seem to get over the fact that I'm finally here in Australia! Anita from AAG has been the greatest support system I could ever ask for. From the initial job seeking process, preparing for my move and then to constantly checking that I'm alright now that I'm here... she's been awesome! Her and the rest of the AAG team are super friendly and I would highly recommend AAG to anybody that is looking to spend some time working abroad.

- maybe lower the cost of the program? It's quite expensive!!!!

Response from AAG - Alliance Abroad Group

Hi Mary Ann,
Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and SO happy for you to finally be here too!! It's so great to see you really settling in so well to the culture, environment and life here in Melbs... including enjoying all the food and fun!! My team and I are stoked to see you working hard and enjoying all that is here in one of the most liveable cities in the world. You're a local here now! :D Keep me posted on more of your adventures! Best wishes, Anita Program Manager, Alliance Abroad - Australia

Scott
Sydney

Came to Australia with AAG

I've always wanted to come to Australia, for the better part of 10 years now but after school I wanted to get some experience on my resume so I decided to go right into the workplace.

Then I stumbled across AAG which looked like a program that could provide me with relevant work experience on my resume while also having the chance to live in Australia, something that I have always wanted.

So now I am here in Sydney, doing exactly that.

More interviews with places. I felt that if I didn't say yes to this placement, another one wouldn't be available for another 3 months or so.

Response from AAG - Alliance Abroad Group

Hi Scott,

Thanks so much for sharing about your goals and plans to come to Australia: It's amazing to hear about your focus for the last 10 years to make this a reality! It's wonderful to hear too that we could help to provide for you a great experience that has enabled you to work in an interesting and challenging position, all while living in a great place like Sydney!! We appreciate your feedback too. While the limited positions are highly exclusive, we will keep striving to bring on board more excellent employers to have great participants like you be a part of the team at the workplace! Enjoy Australia and Sydney: Be present and live each moment to the fullest!!

Best wishes, Anita Program Manager, Alliance Abroad - Australia

Sarah
Ottawa University

Internship

Alliance Abroad helped me with the things I may not have been motivated enough to do myself, moving to Australia was intimidating and they took that factor out of the decision.
The help with housing was limited, I had a struggle finding a place to live and ended up spending more time than I wanted to in the hostel.
The internship itself led to great opportunities, and I met a lot of great people while in the program.

More help with housing, more time paid for by program to stay in the hostel

Response from AAG - Alliance Abroad Group

Hi Sarah,

Great to hear that you've really enjoyed Australia so far with traveling and seeing some famous sites, learning lots and meeting awesome people!

We really appreciate your feedback too about the housing. We are receiving lots of comments about this and working on a solution. Thanks again for your thoughts and hope you keep enjoying all that Australia has to offer!!

Mikayla

Alliance Abroad Program - Melbourne

The Alliance Abroad Program has been an amazing and life changing experience. When I entered the program I never imagined the support and mentorship I would have received. I truly am so blessed with the internship I landed, my boss and workers have been nothing but welcoming, making sure I get the most of this international experience.

The Alliance Abroad program has made sure I am happy, excited and benefiting from the internship and well involving me in social events. I could not ask for a better team to travel with. I am proud represent Alliance Abroad and tell future member about my experience.

If I could change one thing it would be my internship salary wage. I realize I am taking an internship position but it would nice to get paid at least minimum wage in Australia.

Response from AAG - Alliance Abroad Group

Hi Mikayla,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!! I really appreciate your feedback and it's so wonderful to hear that you've adjusted so well to Melbourne in your internship, with your work mates, with friends and living here abroad!!

We're all very happy for you and so pleased that it's worked out so well for you. Stay in touch and can't wait to see more photos!!

Mike
Baylor University

One month in so far so good

So far I have been in the program for one month. It has been an amazing experience so far. Everyone I work with has been great to be around and AAG has been very supportive. Every week there has always been something new to do or experience and I look forward to the months ahead.

Response from AAG - Alliance Abroad Group

Hi Mike,

Great to hear that everything is going well so far! I am sure that you will love Melbourne more and more as you get to explore what the city has to offer and discovering nearby gems of the state like the Great Ocean Road, the Yarra Valley, the Grampians, Wilsons Promontory National Park and more!

Keep us posted on how things go!

Best,

Elyse
Baltimore, Maryland
Saint Leo University

Very excited!!

I have been working with Anita on pursuing a role in Australia, and I'm very excited to say we secured one at The Westin Melbourne! I am so thankful to be working with Anita, she is patient, diligent, motivating, and very personable! She has worked so hard with me to find a position in Melbourne and I'm so thankful that she is so persevering! I'm very excited to meet her, as well as Carolyn who is amazing as well. Carolyn has been outstandingly helpful with the logistics of my trip and has made me feel very comfortable even though there was a lot to do in a short amount of time! I'm very impressed by all that these two have done for me so far, and can't wait to meet them when I arrive! I will be sure to leave more comments on my experience when I start my job, but I'd have to rate the experience so far (from the submission of my application to the preparation for traveling to Australia) a ten.

I honestly can't think of anything to be improved on at the moment, everyone has been so quick to respond with any questions and I feel like any worries I've had have been placated!

Response from AAG - Alliance Abroad Group

Hi Elyse,

Great to hear that you're super excited to come to Melbourne! I too have really enjoyed working with you! I know that you will love working and living here in Australia: All the events, food and fun & friendly people!

Carolyn really enjoys working with you too and is so pleased that you're already on your way here. We can't wait to meet you when you arrive this week!!

Frankie
Melbourne, VIC, AU

Life Changing

AAG walked me through it all!

From the beginning the interview was very thorough. They care and you can tell. With the most detailed questions, they not only analysed my experience but my wants, desires, skills, behaviors, future goals, and so much more.

After this interview, they sent me in one email everything I needed to make this trip happen and in the most safest way possible.
The things I was walked through was some of the most simplest things to the more difficult as in:
Obtaining a: Passport, Visa, Health/Travel Insurance
Teaching: How to build and "fluff" a resume, master an interview, what the Australian culture is like, safe traveling tips, tricks, and practices
Aware me of: Costs of living, wordage, fun festivals and events, location of housing
And so much more

Since arrival I have done so much and have yet had a bland day. I get contacted a minimal of once and week to see if I'm okay and offer assistants and all that they can. They met me in person within 24 hours of arrival and gave me a rundown of how public transport works and where all the free entertainment is.

AAG has pair me with a career that given me the chance learn, grow, laugh, and implement my skills to build a suitable resume for the future.

So whether your thinking about the fun, the career, the traveling, the experience, the culture, or even just starting of fresh with somewhere new....

I would recommend AAG to hold your hand through that walk of life.

See you when you get here,

Frankie C.

Have a "manditory' weekend gathering for everyone within both programs to meet, find who needs roommates, give out contacts, and mingle.

Response from AAG - Alliance Abroad Group

Hi Frankie,

Great to have you share your thoughts and more importantly, your story! It's awesome to know that you are happy with the program with every step in your personal and professional transition to Australia.

We take pride to learn about each person in as many aspects as possible and strive to support each person not only during the program, but to give you the skills so that you can use them for the rest of your life (ex. How to master an interview is handy to know!).

So nice to hear too that you are enjoying the city too where there is something exciting to do/see/explore/experience every day!

Keep us posted on how you do and what other changes you make in your life!!

Jessica
University of Houston- Clear Lake

Solid program, but could be improved

I came to Melbourne in July 2014 for a 6 month internship in the Business/Events program.

AAG helped me get a business internship with a really great company, working for really great people. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better placement. It's given me experience in marketing (my degree is in marketing), international business and business development, a look into the way the Australian and Victorian governments work, and overall just how to interact with people differently.

The really important part of a review that people really want to read about, though, is the negative aspects (if any). Overall, my experience with AAG has been a relatively positive one. But there was definitely a lot of uncertainty and stress (and, frankly, dissatisfaction with the program) surrounding the housing aspect.

What got me is that we paid a program fee to help us cover every aspect of moving here, and the only support we got is a few website links that, honestly, we could have found ourselves (so why did I pay for that?).

The housing was far and away my biggest stressor. Luckily I was able to find a place in a week, but only after spending that entire week camped out on real estate websites and sending countless emails to real estate agents and landlords, but I have talked to others and some people had a much harder time than me.

The other issue is the salary. I was told that it covers basic costs, but if I'm being honest, it barely does. When it comes down to it, $1500 is not a lot of money, and it's quite hard to live off of. I have a place in the CBD, which is $1200/month. That has left me with only $300 per month for everything else, like groceries, utility bills, and anything else. I realize that there are other options farther from the city and with roommates, etc. that are cheaper, but I feel like it shouldn't be a salary so low that participants have to perform acrobatics just to get a living situation that will allow them to cover necessities and leave extra for socializing, etc. Because ultimately, people don't join this program to go live somewhere and struggle to get by. I was also told that some people opt for second jobs. Again, I didn't join the program to have a day job and then need a second job just so I can afford to have a life (and then not have a lot of extra time for that social life). I'm lucky that my parents are amazing and helping me out while I'm here, but there are others who don't have that luxury.

But, like I said, I love my job and AAG has definitely exceeded my expectations in that aspect.

Also, they put a lot of effort into organizing social events and getting participants together. It's important to be with other people that you can relate to, especially living so far away from home. It's easy to make friends in that respect because you've always got tons of opportunities to be with AAG members.

I'd suggest that AAG improve the housing support. They have already taken steps to do that, which is good, but I can't vouch for the quality of this new support since I'm not in the position to take advantage of it at this point. If you're a potential participant and looking for reviews on it, I would say to ask other people about their experience with the new housing support.

I would also suggest that AAG consider reviewing their minimum salary. I know this is easier said than done, but it really is more challenging than I had expected to really be able to experience Australia (when I'm not working, obviously) on such a wage.

Ultimately, I would recommend the program to people now that there is more support for housing, but I would advise them to be cautious of coming if they have a limited ability to supplement the salary they would receive.

Response from AAG - Alliance Abroad Group

Hi Jessica,

Thanks so much for your thorough and thoughtful review. I'm really glad to hear that you are enjoying your job and that it's been a perfect fit. It sounds like you're learning to apply theory to practice after you've studied marketing in school and gaining relevant experience too that you can bring back home to the US to apply immediately.

I also really appreciate your feedback too on housing. It's been the main concern throughout all the reviews and feedback and as you mentioned, we have a new Housing Coordinator on board. We are excited to invest in the program to have this coordinator be a valuable, reliable and effective resource for each participant moving forward. Thanks too for your feedback on the salary; We'll make sure to work on improving the communications about that as well and provide more resources to assist that as well.

It's great to have you share your reflections on the program and happy that you have met some other great participants in the program too!

Michael
Sydney, Australia

Internship in Sydney

The decision to go to Australia was made long ago before I actually went there. Things happened very fast and within 3 weeks I booked my flight, got a job (after several mock interviews) and started into my adventure.
After spending the first three nights in a hostel I found a flat shared with 4 other nice people. Finding a room wasn't easy, but I didn't want to leave in the hostel by the start of my internship. So I made a profile on flatmates.com.au and browsed through tons of ads. After three long days of visiting flats I found a relatively good one in Glebe, a young suburb which is also close to everything you need (and to the office I'm working in).
Once work started things slowly settled and I began to feel at home in Sydney. It's important to have your day-to-day business!
On the weekends I took several trips with people I got to know in diverse Facebook groups. That's something I highly recommend: search for people in your age/ with same background etc. It makes things much easier if you find people you can hang out with.
In the beginning everything's very unclear - though you might have planned a lot - but that's what it's all about: you never can plan everything. Just jump into the cold water and see what happens. And even if you have your doubts in the beginning, you'll definitively get to a point, where you say: It was all worth it. And once you reached that point, you know you got what you were looking for!

Response from AAG - Alliance Abroad Group

Hi Michael,

Great to hear you're enjoying your internship in our Business & Event Internship program and feeling settled in Sydney now.

It's wonderful to know that your decision to come to Australia has become a reality for you now and that you're meeting many people and traveling lots too!

Thanks too for sharing the great advice. We have our new Housing Coordinator that can help to find housing faster and of course, using Facebook to connect with others in the program and locals in Sydney is an awesome idea!

Thanks for the encouragement to others to take the plunge to try something new and to challenge oneself. Keep us posted on your time in Australia :)

Becky
Colorado
Metropolitan State University of Denver

WORST COMPANY EVER!! SCAM

This company is seriously the worst company ever, They say they will help you with housing and jobs but once they receive your money or once you are in Australia, they really don't care about you.

I joined the event program, paid $3500 and they set me up with a telemarketing job. If you do work Alliance Abroad, and they offer you a job make sure you know what the job is, because they sugar coated my job making it sound like it was an event job but in truth it was a telemarketing job, I didn't even get to participate in one single event. I traveled all the way to Australia, found my own housing (they say they'll help you but all they do is send you a couple of links to some websites). They said they have a headquarter back in the states, but its a phone number that is directed to Australia. Pretty much its 2-3 people running this scam. This company made all their websites/facebook professional but their ethics are horrible. DO NOT TRUST THEM.

These event/hospitality jobs that they find you, you can easily go on seek.com.au and find better paying jobs yourself. Seriously they want you to join this program and they advertise it as "Paid Internship". For one, you only get paid $1500. Everything is so expensive in Australia that there is no way you can afford to live off of $1500 unless you're slumming it and having one meal a month. The housing itself is $1200.

I have testimonials not only from me, but from other people who are in this program. All of the people I talked to in this program said they were unhappy with the program.

All of the other reviews I wouldn't doubt if they wrote it themselves. Because I know for a fact I was THE FIRST PERSON FROM THE EVENT/HOSPITALITY PROGRAM to go to Australia. So I honestly don't know how they have reviews from other people when I was the first one there.

If you want to go to Australia and do not want to spend $3500 and not get scammed you're more than welcome to message me and I will help you with everything. This is how serious I am about this horrible program!

Response from AAG - Alliance Abroad Group

I’m sorry to hear that your experience was not positive with us. It’s disappointing that we did not have a chance to discuss your situation more thoroughly and that there may have been some misunderstanding about our program inclusions, job duties, housing and more. There are actually many people in our hospitality program and they have really enjoyed our program too (feel free to contact the people below with their reviews and they are connected on our Facebook page too). The event program is separate from the hospitality program and while you were our first participant in that program, the others have been learning a lot and enjoying their experience very much.

It is very unfortunate that your expectations didn’t align to what the program was able to offer. If you would like a further discussion about what happened, I’m happy to discuss this further with you.

Program Manager, Alliance Abroad - Australia

Alliance Abroad Group (AAG) has been the leader of international recruitment for over 20 years. Since 1992, AAG has successfully matched more than 100,000 international students with many of the world’s leading tourism and hospitality companies. AAG is in the business of connecting, enriching, and