Australian Internships - Your Career Starts Here!

Australian Internships - Your Career Starts Here!

Australian Internships (AI) is an organization that offers a committed program to provide international students and graduates with training, work experience and cultural exchange. We offer a range of comprehensive internship programs in almost all academic disciplines. AI‘s programs are customized to meet each candidate’s academic and professional needs.

AI works with over 4,500 host organizations which range from larger multinational companies to smaller boutique businesses. We provide a range of support services including orientations, on site supervision, visa sponsorship, insurance, accommodation, discount travel and tours, weekly monitoring and much more!

• Intern with the best! AI is the market leader in internship programs: AI is recognized as the preferred internship program for most leading Australian Universities. With more than 17 years experience, we are proud to be the industry b
  • Commitment to service: In addition to an internship placement with an Australian company, you will also receive a complete program and services that are second to none! Each intern will be allocated to an Internship Program Supervisor (IP
  • Tailored international internships that will boost your career: AIs programs are unique as their main focus is in identifying and securing the best possible internship for the applicant while taking their academic background and previo
  • Live the Australian dream while internationalize your CV: Australia is a dream destination for many and there is nothing that compares to gaining international experience in your field! Why not combine your trip down under with real work
  • Earn while you learn: AI has 2 paid program options. The hospitality internship program runs from 6-12 months in leading 4-5 star Australian hotels and resorts. The stipend internship program runs for 5-6 months and offers candidates in s
Oceania » Australia
- Assessment and coaching
- Resume guidance
- Interview preparation and mentoring
- An individualised placement with an Australian company
- Allocation of an Internship Program Supervisor (IPS) to closely monitor progress and satisfaction level
- Immediate intervention by Australian Internships should you experience any difficulties
- 24-hour Emergency Support
- Full Orientation Sessions, including an introduction to Australian workplace culture
- Intern nights, providing an opportunity for interaction between interns from over 80 countries
- Access to online career advice, articles and intern blogs

Optional services include:

- Accommodation and Airport reception
- Intern Extras Bundle $210 (Bank account setup, International Student Identity Card (ISIC), local mobile phone sim card, iVenture card, tax claim service)

In order to qualify, you must be a recent graduate with 24 months of course completion. So base it on the number of months you've completed and the other requirements on their website, http://www.internships.com.au/programs/professional-internship/ .

Amir
Ribeirao Preto, SP , Brazil

Great experience

During the time that I stayed in Australia, it was awesome to learn about working in an office and get new skills, such as interpersonal relationship, marketing and business, and improve my field, IT.

I'd like to read the company's profile before. Usually, they first talk to the company, then to the intern. I believe that we should say if we are willing to go to the company before.

Jan
Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia

Opened Doors

I wanted more after graduating college I wanted to travel to see more places while learning and expanding my knowledge in my field of studies which is cooking. Australian internships opened so many doors to me i got to travel to Australia meet awesome people while enjoying myself traveling around and Gaining valued work experience which also helped me to be discovered by other people the talent that they saw in me at work planted a seed of confidence and knowledge which in time bore fruit and them offering me to stay longer for my dreams to continue, thanks to AI i was able to slowly realise how big this world is and how much you can go if you Work hard enough and you can always have heaps of fun discovering the world. have courage and have a leap of faith.

Maybe a more tailor made program for some individuals. but over all experience was awesome

Cristhian
In Darwin, Australia

ENRICHING AUSSIE EXPERIENCE

First of all, let me tell you that if you haven't been to Australia before and you are looking for a chance to develop your skills and meet people from all over the globe in an amazing environment, this is your chance to apply with AI and find a job opportunity related to your career!

People from Australian Internships should open more offices along Australia, so a higher number of interns can be involved in the activities they make that at the moment only happen in big cities like Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.

Rodrigo
Paraná, Brazil
University of Melbourne

First Industry Experience

Australian Internships provided me with my first professional experience in the industry, which is of great importance to my field of study. I could take part in the day-by-day of the operations office of a packaging company and learn a great deal of it with everybody in there, besides the experience of a foreign culture, because I am Brazilian, and having the opportunity to experience the Australian working model was an add-up to my resumé.

Bruna
Pirassununga, Sao Paulo
University of Queensland

An unexpected task

I am an animal science student from Brazil. The internship arranged for me was in an Australian zoo. Although I had taken an English course before starting the internship, when I first started I was completely lost with the language. After a few weeks working at the zoo every day, I found myself gaining a little more confidence to talk, and I could finally understand Australian slang (at least most of it).

After working a month at the zoo, most of the staff already knew me, and I felt they were starting to lack new tasks for me. One day, among 15 Australian interns, I was called to guide a blind man through the zoo. That day, I saw that my range of vocabulary was terrible. I have asked the blind guy, like a hundred time, if he had already SEEN that or this animal. I could not find a word to substitute the verb to SEE.

Luckily, the guy was completely good tempered. He just laugh at me, and answered that he would love me to take him to hear or to pet the animals. At the end of the day, obviously, I apologized for all the misunderstanding, but he said that was totally ok, that I was such a good guide, and he understood I was a foreign, not yet fluent.

The zookeeper who I was working with that day laugh at me too, and I told her. Although frustrating, the experience was really good for me. I wasn’t used to work with PEOPLE. After that day, I felt I was ready for anything.

Althoug the internship fit perfectly for me, I have heard a few friends complaining about how they hated the tasks they were asked to, or how they couldn`t see the relation between the internship arranged and their majors at uni.
Maybe Australian internship should bring us more options of internship for us too choose among them. We were told that we have to accept the first offer we got. For me, that worked. For other people, it didn`t.

Andres
Byron bay, australia

Marriott melbourne

A good opportunity to enjoy australia as well to learn a bit about hotel food and beverage industry. Nice staff members at the company through emails and fast response of these. A nice experience I had was when at christmas day, we all gathered to enjoy a nice meal before qe started to work for this event.

To make sure all people that will be aent, have competent bosses. The boss I had, was the ead chef of a hotel and had the most minimal idea of how to operate in a kitchen. Also very unrespectful towards international staff. This person I am talking about is clinton jackson the former head chef at the marriott hotel in melbourne.

Response from Australian Internships

Dear Andres,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your internship and experience in Australia! We strive to deliver our interns with the best internship program; but understand that sometimes personality conflicts may occur in the workplace, especially in high pressure environments. Your comments will certainly help us continue to improve mentoring our interns in the future. We have had many wonderful experiences with the Marriott Melbourne over the years of cooperation! Through challenging times comes true growth and development – no doubt you are a better professional for the amazing experience you gained while in Australia! We congratulate you on your success and are excited to hear about your future career endeavours!

“Sometimes, when you think a storm is coming to rain on your parade, its actually there to water your garden” – Rob Hill Sr

James
Salt Lake City, Utah

Best Experienced of my life

Since i am a fresh graduate student, somebody might say i have my entire life ahead of me, with all of its beautiful experiences. But despite being a fresh graduate, I already had a personal breath- taking experienced, with the helped of the whole team of Australia Internship.

Which i am sure i will carry with me until my last days. This one year internship in Darwin Australia with the help of your company(Australia Internship) has been a truly incredible experience. And i thank you for your guidance and supervision during my one year internship with Vibe Hotel. And i thank you for this excellent opportunity. The internship has allowed me to learn, expand my skills, and revise my future career goals, No doubt your company or agency is one of the most trusted agency in australia when it comes in providing a great internship experience. This experience you have provided will serve as a Key factor in grooming of my personality and will have a tremendous impact on my Career Success. Thank you so much. And God Speed. Well before i forgot i would like to use this famous australian greeting " Cheers Mate" Cheers Australia Internship. Two thumbs up.

You need to take immediate action or talk to sponsoring company of the intern student if he/she reports about his/her bad experince going on to his/her work place.

Maria
Indonesia, jakarta

Know everyone around the world

With Australia Internship, I have a lot of new experience that is very useful, not only for my education but also for my social life. During my 6 months internship in Australia, I have many new friends. Not only the one that originally from Australia, but also new friends that come from United states, Europe, and other south east asia countries like mine. Moreover, the skill that I learnt during my internship can't be replaced with other education.

I would recommend to improve the safety recommendation for new comers. During my Internship, I lost my money due to some unknown coworkers in my house.

CHENFEI

Excellent internship opportunity.

I was offered an internship opportunity in banking system which matches my finance field perfectly. The condition of workplace is sensational and all of my colleagues in department are helpful and friendly.

Emily
Brisbane, Australia
Drexel University

Aussie Adventure

Coming to Brisbane, Australia to do my internship through AI has been a life changing experience. I am currently working in a medical research facility where I have been given my own project pertaining to scabies disease.

Each day, I run various trials pertaining to my project and record my work in my lab book. It's incredible being in a lab where I am running trials and discovering things that no one else has touched before.

Additionally, I have had the change to travel while doing my internship. I have gone to Mount Isa/ Cloncurry to teach microbiology to aboriginal students. I will be traveling to Auckland, NZ next week to speak at an international conference on my project. I could not believe how lucky I was to be given the chance to travel around with our lab group.

In general, Australia is such an incredible place filled with beautiful sights and souls.

I think that students should have the chance to explore numerous internship positions and not be forced to accept the first one they are offered.

Akari
Brisbane Australia
University of Queensland

Great experience with Australian Internships

I've participated one of a program of Australian Internships which includes 15 weeks of English course, 2 weeks of workplace training, and 8 weeks of internships in Brisbane.

It was totally awesome what I've experienced in Australia with this program. it gave me opportunities to think about my future career in different way.

i knew that I'm on the way to studying in bachelor degree and it is limited what i can do in this internship. However Australian internships placed me a great workplace and I've got lots of skills there. everyone on the company was friendly and taught me kindly.

Their service during the program was also great. when i had problems with the host company, they contacted me a lot and listened me carefully.

i really thank Australian Internships:)

Andre
Sydney, Australia

Looking forward to the future!

Have the opportunity to do a internship in Australia is being just a fantastic experience.
For me the main point is that I'm improving my english and developing my skills in my area in the same time.
I'm sure the internship will help me to increase the opportunities in my career.

Response from Australian Internships

Thank you for leaving your comments. We are glad to know you are enjoying your time in Australia.

Daniela
Santiago,Chile

Great experience

It was absolutely a great experience, not only professionally but personally. I did my internship in a new field and everyone there took the time to teach me. It was a great opportunity to actually know where I want to go in my career.

I had the chance to meet incredible people that taught me so much about my self and what life is about.

Maybe more opportunities to meet people from other programs.
Also, a few more chances to give feedback.

Response from Australian Internships

In regards to your comments, we organise monthly intern nights in major cities and also organise day trips on a regular basis. This is a great opportunity for interns to network and make friends. However during your stay in Australia, there were a couple of occasions in which these activities were cancelled due to a low number of RSVPS. I saying that, we also have had very successful events which exceed our attendance expectations, so I would say it sometimes depend on the interns' preferences at any given time. Likewise, as part of the monitoring process, we ask interns to fill regular feedback forms as well as their individual weekly learning plans. Supervisors are always available for a chat and interns are always welcome to contact us should they have any concerns

We wish you all the best for your future endeavors.

Kindest regards,

Disappointed

BAD SERVICE

I'm totally disappointed with the unprofessional services provided to me. The host was not up to expectations and it took them months to find me a replacement. Be careful when finding an agent that is reliable.

Response from Australian Internships

Thank you for your feedback. I went through all the correspondence and information in our system regarding your case, and noticed that although your first placement was not the best match for you, our team listened to your concerns and endeavoured to find you a new host organisation in only 3 weeks.

I am very sorry to hear that your experience was not beneficial and that you were not satisfied with the services provided by AI. From what I can gather all the procedures were followed and a second internship was arranged as per your request.

We are always open to feedback and keen to explore ways to better service our clients, so please feel free to contact us if you have any suggestions on how your case should have been managed. We will be very keen to receive your comments.

Kindest regards,

METIN
PERTH

METIN AKTURE

Hi My Friend,

I am proud to be a participating of Australian Internship programme. My main reason to join this programme was to improve my english and i am feeling it is helping me much. Everything is amazing about Australia ( Culture, Food, Places...) IPs are always so helpful and proffesional. It was the massive correct decision to choose Australian Internships agent. Thank you.

Kind Regards
Metin AKTURE

Response from Australian Internships

Thank you for recommending our program and services. It is great to hear that your expectations are met. All the best!

Tomoaki
Griffith University

Never ruined each and every one of days on the island!

Once I arrived on the peaceful island, it blowed me away as if it was the nearest place to the heaven on the earth. The wind was softly welcoming all guests. The ocean, which has a wide variety of unique marine creatures such as dolphins, dugongs, turtles and whales, was purifying our minds. The sky got rid of our concerns. I was more than happy to work for such an outstanding resort.

In terms of the working conditions/environment, a great amount of tasks terrified me in the first couple of weeks. They are what I have done in the Guest services department throughout my internship;
- Welcoming guests at the ferry terminal on the island and explaining them when, where and what the have to do while taking them through the reception for their checking in.
- Taking bookings for activities over the counter or phone.
- Making and double-checking itineraries and packages for group guests.
- Contacting other departments to arrange the schedule for group guests and double check with the departments a few days prior to their arrival date.
- Understanding every information and data of the island to answer guests' inquiries.

In order to handle these challenging tasks, I concentrated on observing how colleagues were doing and took some memos with standing behind them. I was getting used to the tasks in a couple of weeks and could confidently deal with any kinds of difficulties in my own way. My manager always said in the office that "If you have any uncertainties, don'T hesitate to ask anyone around you at all because, in our department, if we offer wrong information / improper services, it might develop into a crucial problem later on." We Guest Services' members always communicated and double checked with anyone working on the island to avoid troubles and unnecessary mistakes. The manager also told "Don't feel too much stress unless you make the same mistakes all the time." I have got through unforgettable experiences with wonderful people that I'll never forget.

Only problem regarding the internship on Moreton island is a transportation to the Brisbane city. If you could give any help to reach the city, that'd be so appreciated.

Response from Australian Internships

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your program and the internship location. Moreton Island is indeed a beautiful place! You are right, transportation to Brisbane is a bit limited from the island, however barges and ferries for vehicles and passengers run daily.

Solomon
Broome, western australia

Culinary internship

Base on my experience for the last 3 weeks on the resort where i got my internship, i could say the resort staff/heads care about the employees and that they always see to it that you are safe at work and doing your task.

Takumi
Yokohama, Kanagawa

What I learned form an internship in SYD

My first internship was fabulous and learned lots of things. Working with other nationalities gave me confidence that I can work in other countries. Inthernship aborad will totally give you much excellent experience for your future career. Just go for it!!

shama

Australian Internships

Australian Internship is good,
As it is not fake,during our process they always make us aware about challenges and difficulties what will be going to come during work.
About accomodation and facillities its really good and safe.
As this internship is going to give us international exposure in my CV.

Please try to give placement in 4* or 5* Hotels.

Vanessa
Canberra, Australia

Inspiring

It's been a beautiful journey of knowing myself, of growing up, learning to be independent, giving the best effort everyday, learning from people and from myself. Sometimes it's hard when you're lonely, living on your own, speaking a second language, dealing with unexpected situations like mistakes or unhappy guests, for at the end of the day you've accomplished so much, it is so rewarding! This is a life changing experience, it makes you a better person, you also get to appreciate everything so much (family, home, beauty of nature through Aussie's ustounishing landscapes, yourself and life itself).

Social activies between interns (get togethers).

James
Darwin
Acadia University

Co-workers behavior

To be honest i really enjoying my internship here in australia. But im not enjoying my work especially my co-workers they are lazy and taking advantage on us interns. Its say they will give me supervisory training but until now they haven't giving me that privilage. So if you ask me nows my skills development going on? I will honestly answer it or rate is 1.

Nothing to suggest, great program sponsor.

Response from Australian Internships

I would like to encourage you to keep an open line of communication with your supervisors and colleagues at the hotel. Workplace perceptions have a significant influence on how people get along with others, specially when you are working in a cultural diverse work environment. By having a conversation with your supervisor, you will be able to raise your concerns, gain their feedback and get a positive outcome. The internship program is also about learning soft skills such as communication, negotiation, trust building and conflict resolution, so take this as an opportunity to enhance your interpersonal skills and get closer to your managers and peers.

We will be monitoring your progress and very happy to provide you with support and guidance as needed.

I wish you all the best for the rest of your internship.

Patrick
Brisbane, QLD
Griffith University

The best decision I've ever made

By the end of my Master's in Australia I basically had 2 choices: go back to my country where employment perspectives were not so great (most graduates start their career with a very low -paid internship), or try and stay in Australia to build some good work experience before eventually heading back home (Australia and even more particularly Brisbane were booming at that time). I decided it would be option 2, and boy I don't regret it!

Not only AI found the best work placement I could have dreamed of, at a time when they still had to educate companies on what an internship was, but they really went beyond and above to do so. I was trying to step in the quite protected aviation industry, and they made it happen. Even more importantly, they believed in me and didn't give up, which motivated me even further to make my internship a successful one.

Seven years later I am still in Australia, still working for the same company - which sponsored me both a temporary then a permanent visa (just a few steps up the corporate ladder now!..), still loving it, and still catching up for coffee with several members of the AI team every now and then.

One thing to mention: my company (now one of the largest and preferred employers in Australia) had such a good experience with AI and my placement that they subsequently established a 'graduate trainee' program.

Thanks again guys at AI for what you did, and for doing it with your heart. :)

The only aspect I only gave a 9/10 to is the 'fun' one. Back in '07 the team were really trying hard on this, organizing some after work parties after hours / on their own time, but I guess now the team and business have grown they could maybe coordinate or at least suggest say 1 week-end event a month (e.g. w-e to Byron Bay for Brisbane interns), especially for those coming for a short internship and not having time to make friends and figure out the best things to do in the area where they work.

alina

Life changing experience

I spent one year in Darwin, NT as an intern. During this period I have learnt a lot and have grown professionally. After successful completion of my internship I was offered a permanent position. A huge THANK YOU to Australian Internships for making my dream come true!

Prices for accommodation in Darwin - it too expensive

Caitlin
Sydney, Australia
University of Regina

Who knew that 26 weeks could change things forever?

Three weeks of planning and I was boarding a plane from Canada to Australia. I didn't have time to think, to change my mind. Everything had fallen nicely into place nicely- flights, accommodations, my internship. I felt assured.

I arrived in Sydney, Australia on September 10th, 2012. A day book marked in my life. From that point forward things would never be the same.

I interned in Marketing within a mid sized company where everyone's contributions were easily identified and valued. My internship was for a 26 week period. During that time I was assigned a wide range of marketing tasks- Social Media Marketing, designing brochures and ads, editing the companies website and email marketing. I took a serious interest in email marketing. I noticed many inefficiencies and quickly I was on my way to redeveloping and automating the email marketing system.

I had opportunities to gain unbelievable experience both life and professional. And today, I call Australian home :)

I want to thank Australian Internships for the great and friendly service and for finding me an internship that changed my life.

Cheers!

Better accommodation services.

Jasmine
Sydney Australia
Gonzaga University

Dreams Really Do Come True

This has truly been the adventure of a lifetime and one that has changed my life forever. Moving to Sydney was the first time I had moved anywhere on my own, I was 7757 miles away from Seattle, did not know a single person in the entire continent and yet I have never felt more at home.

I was lucky enough to intern with Australian Internships itself and from the second I walked in the office I knew I couldn’t have made a better decision. The staff welcomed me with open arms and their enthusiasm, drive, and compassion quickly became extremely apparent.

I am so fortunate that I was able to intern with AI itself and get to know this incredible staff. Everyone here is truly passionate about what they do and believe in the benefit of this program. This was demonstrated by their drive to constantly improve their services which has continued to motivate and inspire me. Most importantly though, they care about their interns and I have experienced this first hand. This staff goes above and beyond always keeping the intern’s best interest in mind because they want to see them successfully improve their career opportunities and help them in any way they can.

I have learned so much in this position and gained extremely valuable experience that will be a huge asset to me in my future career and this is all thanks to Australian Internships. I have been involved in all aspects of marketing ranging from social media marketing to strategic planning. When I am asked by my friends and family at home why I love my job though, my answer is always because of who I work with. This is why I would 100% recommend Australian Internships to everyone because not only will you get to live in the most amazing country in the world you will have the best support from the team at AI who is dedicated to helping you gain the most useful and relevant work experience.

I cannot thank Australian Internships enough for this extraordinary experience and for being incredible mentors to me the entire time!!! I have absolutely fallen in love with Australia and this will always remain as the best six months of my life!

Thijs
Port Douglas, Queensland, Australia

Best experience of my life!

After being travelling for over 30 hours I finally arrived at my final destination, namely Port Douglas, Queensland, Australia. First impression: WOOWWWWW, this looks amazing!! The sun was shining, the weather was great, the smell of the bbq and really nice neighbours who offered you a beer straight away. Just a perfect welcome!

On Monday it was my first workday at the Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas Resort. It is the biggest resort within the Port Douglas region, so I thought it would be hard to get to know everyone (350+). It wasn't, since my first day I felt really welcomed by everyone, which gave me the feeling I was part of the "big" team.

My function within the Sheraton was to assist the marketing team with its day-to-day tasks. These were:
• Co-ordinating Sales Managers in their operations
• Preparing quotes and contracts
• Support & create marketing activities
• Organising Site Inspections (planning different set-ups in various venue spaces), which required good internal communication with the responsible manager
• Promoting events (local)
• Organising & hosting social hours (invite guests to inform them about the Sheraton and sell activities that were organised by the Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas)
• Social Media Marketing, mainly focused on Facebook
• Administrative work

The feedback I received from my colleagues was always positive, which encouraged my self confidence.

In this review I would like to thank AUSTRALIAN INTERNSHIPS, Brisbane, Australia for making this great experience happening! Without their knowledge en professionalism I never ever would have experienced this amazing adventure! Thank you guys for everything and because of this placement I've been living for 6 months at one of the most beautiful places in the world!! I would never forget this......

I don't have any points which Australian Internships could change, but if there has to be something, I would recommend them to inform the student/client about the region where he/she is going to live.. What are the avarge living costs? what is there to do? Great places to visit in the area? Because we're still people from other countries who'll arrive in a country we don't know (like home).

Response from Australian Internships

Thank you for your positive feedback! Great to hear you had such an amazing experience!

The information on the destination (city) is provided with an orientation before the students arrival in Australia.

All the best for your future career!

Stella
Brisbane

I am thankful for my internship experience and to combine travelling and the ability to get to know the australian culture! I am happy to work in the field of my studies in a different country.

Response from Australian Internships

Thank you for the positive feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your program.

The AI Team

Australian Internships is the premier placement agency for internships in Australia. The company has 16 years of experience of helping students. AI strives to provide exciting and educational opportunities for international students and recent graduates. With AI, interns will get hands-on experience in the field