- Viña del Mar
View Other Details
Adelante builds affordable international internship programs in Viña del Mar and Valparaíso, Chile, for qualified candidates. Programs provide the perfect opportunity for candidates to work in their field of study with the option to receive academic credit. Unique placements are available, including working at a winery and at an extreme sports tour company.
The Chile program is perfect for gap year students, undergraduates, and post-graduates looking to boost their resumes with real international work experience. You'll walk away with improved Spanish language skills, international work experience to add to your resume, and a cultural experience of a lifetime.
Our programs are offered year-round. Choose to intern anywhere from 1 to 6 months with free days to travel, explore, and enjoy excursions. Our program includes airport pick up, housing, 3 weeks of intensive Spanish language classes, and an internship in your sector of interest.
Video and Photos
- We are the most affordable (housing included). Do your research, nearly all other programs are at least DOUBLE the price. You'll have your own room and live in a shared apartment or house with WiFi near the beach and your internship place.
- Work in the field of your choice. Gain solid international career experience by working in a field that interests you. Placements are in large and state-run organizations or companies and corporations that are both privately or publicly owned.
- Intensive Spanish language classes. We prepare you for your internship with three weeks of intensive Spanish language classes based on your Spanish speaking level. No extra charge, it's included in your program.
- A welcome arrival. We'll pick you up at the airport, take you directly to your housing, and provide an orientation session with our program director to get you acclimated to Chile.
- Curated Experience. Our programs are meant for the independent traveler and are not group focused. Our on-site staff in Chile and the US are available throughout your program, and you can truly immerse yourself in the culture however you wish.
Response from Adelante Abroad
Thank you Delilah for the review and for recommending this program. We do need to address some things you wrote. First, having to "figure out everything on our own": there is a formal Orientation upon arrival and then you have access to our onsite Director every day for the first three weeks in-country. There should be no reason you have "to figure everything out on your own." You simply have to ask, if in Orientation or if over 21 days of face to face contact, something you have a question about is not covered. Your internship: good to hear that you enjoyed your work assignment. They are a prestigious, busy company that willingly wants to teach you and made a space for you. If you felt you didn't have enough to do, or finished tasks early, it's always best to ask for more. Candidates that get the most out of this program are those who are proactive.
Spanish lessons: you and another girl in the program at the same time were fluent Spanish speakers upon arrival, so therefore always have the option to take fewer weeks of Spanish classes. According to our records, both of you were advised of this - she took that option, and took less weeks of classes, you did not. So we're not sure why you have included this as an issue, since the choice was yours.
Lastly your housing: this house was clean when you arrived, and if over the length of your program, it became "filthy", well that is hard for us to fix in the bi-weekly cleaning service included. The day to day is on you and your roommates. We have many, many photos from our cleaning service of the house while you lived there. Not pretty. Our Director, in Chile, also advised you and your roommates, multiple times, based on those photos, to please not leave days and days of trash out, to not leave wet towels on the floor, to do the dishes before both sinks were full of them, etc.
We do check in with you daily at first then weekly, so if the above cleaning issues were not your fault, it would have been good to hear that then, not now, after the program is over.
It seems like all the issues you mention could have been easily avoided with better communication from you in the form of answers to our Director and answers to our daily, then weekly, checking in contacts. Nevertheless, it sounds like you had an amazing life and professional experience in Chile. Team Adelante