Stint Ireland: Internships in Dublin

Cliffs of Moher Ireland
Cliffs of Moher Ireland
Picture of Caleb L. Fowler at Howth Head, Summer 2017
Picture of Caleb L. Fowler at Howth Head, Summer 2017
Found a street with my name!
Found a street with my name!
Sometimes living in a house with nine other girls can be a challenge, but I'm thankful for the friendships made during that time.
The Cliffs of Moher were easily my favorite spot in Ireland!
The Cliffs of Moher were easily my favorite spot in Ireland!
Dublin by night
Stint family @ Kerala Kitchen
Giant's Causeway Day Tour

You are unique. Whether you’re looking for an experience of a lifetime, searching for the meaning of life, or trying to gain valuable career experience, we’ll craft our internship program around you.

So tell us, what do you desire from your stint in Ireland? What’s your ideal internship? How long are you hoping to stay? What skills do you wish to gain? Where do you want to travel?

It would be our genuine pleasure to see your dreams come true, with tales to tell for the rest of your life.

• We love people - We're enthusiastic about working with you. Additionally, it also means we're always expanding our network in Dublin, growing our pool of connections, increasing the diversity of internship experiences we offer. Basically, we're always try
  • Living abroad in Ireland - We understand what it means to live abroad (each member of our team has studied and worked abroad) and we're passionate about giving others a chance to experience life overseas.
  • Doing what you love - As we mentioned before, we'll help you find your ideal internship placement. It'll be a chance for you to gain experience in the field of your choice. Not only will you be doing something you enjoy, you'll also gain new skills.
  • The Stint Experience - With our dedicated team, support is a guarantee pre-stint (placement, visas, housing, insurance...), during your stint (social events, support sessions, emergencies) , and post-stint (alumni network, references, and career support.
  • Ireland, Ireland, Ireland - We're in love with Ireland. It's not monogamous though; we'd love to share the Irish experience with you. We are active fellows, always in the loop about the latest happenings around Dublin/Ireland.

Hi There, internships are unpaid due to visa restrictions but are open to graduates. Also, depending on your nationality, you could be eligible for our Gap program which allows you to live and work in Ireland for up to a year on a Working Holiday visa. If you submit an enquiry on our eg site, we can set up a call to chat through your options. Let me know if I can help with anything else. Thanks!...
Hi Mallory and Sydney, Just to be clear, accommodation is included in your fee for the first 8 weeks. If you choose to stay in Ireland beyond that time then you have two options; to either stay in the Stint house, or move to a house or apartment rented by an external provider. In either case, you will have to pay rent at that point. But you're fee will cover you for the first 8 weeks of your stay!...

Hannah

The best time of my life!

I knew I was going to have a great time, but I had no idea I was going to have such an amazing time. From the very beginning, the people who worked at Stint were welcoming, friendly, and extremely helpful. They helped me find an internship of my dream- doing research to develop a medical device at UCD. In the weeks leading up to my arrival, I received a lot of information and answer to any questions I had to make my landing seamless. The house I stayed at was absolutely beautiful, close to everything, and had all the essentials of a home. The Stint Team was also available to work through any problems that could have surfaced with a smile. But Ireland was the best country I could've lived in- the people were friendly, the food was amazing, and every new corner of the country I went to was more beautiful than the last.

If you have the chance to be apart of the program, use your time wisely! In the beginning I thought I had plenty of time to travel around Ireland and neighboring countries, but the time flew by! Make it a goal to try to explore and do something new every weekend!
Kayly

My 8-Week Internship experience with STINT

STINT is a wonderful program and I am so happy that I chose to intern abroad with them. Not only did our housing accommodations make me feel safe, but so did the staff. The staff was incredibly supportive and helped us with any challenges that we faced while abroad. I loved our house and the experiences that I had in it. We were situated in an ideal area in Dublin that was a mile away from tons of fun things to do. In addition to the house, my internship was wonderful. The staff at STINT worked with me to help me find an internship that fit me the best. I loved every minute of my internship and I believed it to be incredibly beneficial. Overall, I would highly recommend this program because Ireland is a wonderful place filled with wonderful people. The STINT staff will be happy to work with you and make sure the program is right for you. I would go back in a heart beat! The eight weeks goes by so fast!

Marilyn

Take me back!

What made STINT stand out to me was how flexible they became to help me get what I wanted out of the experience. While I had some interest in the internships that they had already partnered with, nothing really stood out to me as "That's it! I want to do that while I am in Ireland!". Instead, I wanted to be selfish and do something that interested me way beyond gaining experience in an office. When I expressed my desire to work at a therapeutic riding center, STINT went out of their way to locate an available internship and traveled an hour outside of Dublin to check out the facilities for me to make sure it would be a good fit. In addition to that, since my internship ended up being at the hour away facility, I had to live outside of Dublin so that I could easily commute to and from my internship. Instead of having me find my own living accommodations, STINT provided me with lots of options and I was able to pick where I wanted to stay. I ended up choosing a host family to stay with for the three months that I would be abroad. Even though the site that I had found my host family on required them to be certified and background checked, STINT once again traveled to Bray to meet the couple that agreed to take me in and check out the house and rooms as well as leave my welcome kit/phone so that I could go straight to Bray from the airport and have everything I needed instead of having to pick it up at the Dublin office. I was lucky enough to visit the STINT housing and it was amazing. If Dublin is the location of your internship, I wouldn't even stress about the living facilities. They are clean, comfortable, cozy, and very open. In addition, they are also located within walking distance of bus stops and places to get food and drinks. Due to my work schedule I was only able to go on one excursion with STINT, however if you choose STINT, go on as many as you can! It was great to go on a trip to places with lots of people. STINT set up tons of activities for us to do in each location as well as pointed us to the best places to check out while we were there. Theses trips aren't your typical "school field trip". They are very laid back and we were given plenty of opportunities to go out on our own and explore the new city.

My internship was a bit off of the beaten path. Due to this, I was staying outside of Dublin and away from the other interns in the program. When STINT put on events or organized nights out, it was great to be able to see everyone and gain experience from the excursions. However, I did feel a bit separated from the group and didn't exactly come home with life long friends like I would have if I had staying in one of the STINT housing units. STINT was great at extending invitations to include me in events. The only issue that I had while over seas was the phone that was provided to me through the program. On the bright side, that being my worst issue, the trip and program overall were phenomenal. My only improvement recommendation would be to broaden the program to other areas of Ireland so that if someone is interested in a program outside of Dublin, they would still have an in person support group when they needed it.
Caleb

A Place for Growth

My experience with Stint Ireland was wonderful. They were excellent in helping me find an internship as well as several communities to join once I arrived in Dublin. I grew a great deal professionally through my internship and then personally through my friendships with my housemates in a Stint house. This is a experience that can change your life not just by giving you memories of traveling but also through providing opportunities in which you can grow in many different aspects. In the workplace I learned how I could succeed in the world of marketing without prior experience while in the Stint house I learned how I needed to reevaluate how I could be a better friend to those around me. The lessons I learned while I was a part of Stint were invaluable to me in my personal and professional development and I will always look back fondly on those two months.

It could be nice to have more house visits from the Stint staffers to facilitate interaction between the interns/gap-years and staffers. This could also encourage more open dialogue regarding how the interns/gap-years are doing. I saw that sometimes just making the trek to the Stint office during a work day was enough to discourage interns/gap-years from being fully honest with how they were doing.
Emily

Stint: Ireland

Stint was a really great program to be a part of! I loved travelling on the weekends and making new friends in the house, at work, and on the tours. The program was also really great about offering support if you were feeling homesick or having any problems with anything. While I was there my house had a bit of a problem with some of the people who were living there. Upon hearing about it, Stint immediately took action and were nice enough to send us cupcakes! Even gluten free for a fellow celiac housemate. Very thoughtful program, and it was super fun to live and immerse oneself in the culture!

Kenealy

Highly Recommend This Program!

I have always been in love with all things Irish and when this opportunity became available, I immediately jumped on it and I am so glad I did. I spent two months interning with Mendicity, which is a non-profit organization that helps the homeless in Dublin. I am truly grateful for the opportunity to spend time with those people, learning from them and hearing their stories. I love the work that the organization is doing and I would love to go back and visit someday.
I could not have asked for a better program than Stint for my internship. The team is full of great people who were extremely helpful and attentive to anything I needed during my stay. They planned fun activities for us to get to know the other Stinters and to explore Ireland in our free time. I made some great friends through those trips and activities that I still talk to today. I truly appreciate the Stint team's support and help, not only during my two months in Ireland, but also in the months leading up to and after my stay. Their team honestly made Dublin feel like a second home to me and I can't wait to go back and visit someday.

It was a bit costly overall, but I think the entire experience was well worth the money spent.
group photo
Kirsten

I can't wait to go back

I had such a great experience interning abroad in Dublin over the summer! Everyone I met through the program was so welcoming and friendly. I really have nothing bad to say about my experience. I was put into a house with 10 other Stinters, which was nice to have a good amount of people to get to know and hang out with outside the house. The house was only a 10 minute walk from my internship location too, which was super convenient. One main thing I would recommend to anyone thinking about traveling abroad is save save save your money. Before I left I estimated the amount of money I would need for the two months that I would be living in Ireland, however, I definitely underestimated that amount. Especially if you are thinking about traveling around Ireland and around Europe while you're there, it's important to overestimate the amount of money you will need to have saved before your trip in order to allow yourself to have the best possible experience. While I was interning in Dublin, I was able to travel to other parts of Ireland, London, and Barcelona. It really was a trip of a lifetime, and I would highly recommend choosing to intern abroad through Stint.

The only thing that was an issue for me was, when I first arrived, our house was having issues with the plumbing and the amount of water we were able to use. Once Stint found out about the problem, however, it was fixed pretty quickly.
Emily

Stint Internship

I came across Stint Ireland while searching for summer internships abroad and I am so glad that I found it! I started the application process during the second semester of my junior year of college and at that point, I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to do with my International Affairs major after graduation. Right from the beginning, Melanie and Aiofe were so great at contacting me and answering any questions that I had. After our initial phone interview, they sent me several options that they thought would be a good fit for me. I ended up choosing to work for Plan International and it was the best three months of my life! I learned so much during my internship and gained amazing skills and networking connections.
Living in Dublin was an amazing experience in itself, and I would move back in a heart beat. There is so much to do and so much to see and I was never bored. Moving to a different country by myself and not knowing anyone there, made my parents (and admittedly, myself) a bit uneasy at first, but I always felt safe in Dublin. Whether I was going out at night with my friends or walking home from work by myself, I never felt scared or that I was in a dangerous area. What they say is true - the people in Ireland are some of the nicest people you will ever meet!
My internship abroad in Dublin was such a positive and exciting experience. I lived with people from all over the U.S. and from around the world. I made great friends, great memories, and grew so much in only a few months. I highly recommend Stint Ireland if you are looking for a unique, positive, and inspiring experience.

The housing was rather expensive - especially for how small of a room I was in and the fact that I was sharing it with someone - but the house itself was in a great location (I lived in the South Circular house) and was nicely updated!
Sarah

Healthcare Internship

My name is Sarah and in the summer of 2017, I spent about 8 weeks in Dublin working at the renal biobank, which is part of Trinity College.
When I applied to Stint, I really wasn't sure what I was getting into. I had never been to Ireland, not to mention alone, I am completely gluten free, and I wasn't sure what exactly I wanted to do for my internship. The staff was really helpful in helping me find different opportunities and choose the one that might be the best for me along with reassuring me that there will be plenty for me to eat (the gluten free food is the same price as regular food for restaurants and food from the grocery store is pretty cheap if you know where to look.
While I was there, the staff was there for anything I needed. There were check in meetings just to make sure everything was going well in the house and with the internship. They had suggestions for places to go and things to see during my free time.
I knew no one in the house when I arrived but the people who were there were super nice and helped me acclimate to life there- where the grocery store is, how to meal prep, going on trips together.
Also, since there are several houses that are part of Stint, they arrange trips and meet ups for everyone that is part of the program year round.
My internship itself was a great learning experience for me. I spent most of my time working in the biobank, but the staff there understood that I wanted to see and experience as much as I could and allowed me to assist with other projects, observe, and even gave me the opportunity to work on something that might get published. The working environment is much different than it is in America. Everyone is calm and understanding and it's a much slower working pace.
If you're even thinking about going with Stint to do an internship abroad, go for it. The Stint workers will help you get there and give you what you need and the current Stinters will make you feel at home.

Maria

Internship in Marketing

The four moths I spent in Dublin, has been some of the most interesting and educational months of my life. Up till and throughout my entire stay, the Stint team provided me with all the help and support I needed. From big things, such as providing me with the opportunity to intern at the perfect company, to the smaller things such as wearing clothes from my favourite clothing brand (simply because it is Danish) - all in all, I couldn't have wished for a better supportsystem during my stay in Ireland.
And don't even get me started on Ireland and Dublin. If you haven been there yet: GO!! Such a beautiful place! Ireland has the nicest people you'll ever meet, the best beer and whiskey you'll ever drink, and some of the most beautiful nature you'll ever see. It is truly an amazing place.
The only negative think I have to say about my stay in Ireland has to be, that it has ruined Guinness for me - It simply doesn't taste as good in Denmark, as it does on the Stags Head.

A few more kitchen tools in the Leeson Village House - otherwise I cannot think of anything.
Léa

Architecture Internship & "Great Craic" in Dublin

I spent 5 months in Dublin, from September 2016 to January 2017, and the experience was everything that I expected it to be, and more!

My first emails/skype call with the Stint team confirmed that it was the program for me : they were very friendly, understanding and reassuring (I wasn’t particularly afraid of living abroad, but being a non-native English speaker, I wasn’t 100% confident that my English was good enough). They found the perfect work placement for me in an architecture firm, and made sure that I was happy with it before, during and after the internship. My colleagues turned out to be amazing and I learned a lot!

I was a bit anxious about the housing before I left : the rent was REALLY expensive (Dublin being on of the most expensive cities in Europe, rent-wise) and I had never lived with 7 people before. The rent was (and is), indeed, expensive, but : the location couldn’t be much more better (15-20 minutes walk from the city centre) ; a cleaning lady came weekly and everything we needed was provided (fast internet, washing machine/dryer, kitchen utensils…).

A few of my housemates and I still had to face three stressful situations with our housing : somebody broke into our first house and stole a laptop that had been left on the kitchen table ; we had to move house in the middle of my stay because the landlady decided to sell, with a short notice ; we struggled with the heating/hot water for a few weeks in the new house in November (the hot water cylinder was apparently not big enough for 8 people). Even if it wasn’t Stint’s fault, we wished that they solved the heating problem faster, and that they offered us some kind of compensation (it was cold in November) (and again, the rent is very expensive).

Apart from this unfortunate events, I had a wonderful time with my housemates, and this is also what I was expecting with this program : a sens of community/family away from home. The minute you step into your new house, you know you will be surrounded by people that want the same thing as you : explore the city, go out, go on a day tour/weekend trip, talk about your day while cooking dinner, etc.

Stint was very helpful at every step of the way, even though I’m fairly independent/self-sufficient. I really liked going to the Stint office, because the team is lovely, truly concerned about your well-being and passionate about what they do.
Thank you Melanie, Jeffrey, Philip, and especially Seana and Aoife!

- By assigning ONE Stint team member to each student? (even if the team is small, it helps to know exactly who to contact)
- By organizing more day tours / weekend trips!
- By setting WITH THE STUDENT an amount/frequency of meetings (or skype calls!) at the beginning of the internship/stay. I didn’t feel like I needed more than the ones I had, but I know some of my housemates may did.
- By being a bit more transparent about the program fees.
Sara

One of the best experiences of my life.

I loved the opportunity that I had to live and work in Dublin. Some of my favorite memories include taking the train to some of the cities that are on the sea just outside of Dublin. Bray was one of my favorite cities. It is right on the sea and it is beautiful. There is a short hike that you can do up to the top of a hill that gives you some amazing views of Dublin. There is also a beautiful walk along the sea through the hills that takes you to another seaside town called Greystones. The walk is beautiful and the fact that it is only a 30 minute train ride away from Dublin makes it even better. I loved that I could spend a whole day exploring the city or the countryside. In addition to the beautiful views, I also had the privilege of meeting some of the most beautiful people. I loved living in Dublin and having new experiences with amazing people daily. If you are thinking about participating in a program through Stint Ireland I can assure you that you will be making a good decision. Ireland is still a place that I consider a home away from home. I can't wait to go back someday. Stint gave me the opportunity to live in a city and learn not only about a new place but learn about myself. I am forever thankful for the opportunity that Stint has given me. I would strongly encourage you to apply for this amazing program and start making your own memories in the amazing country of Ireland.

Making payment plans. Paying for everything at once was a bit challenging.
Jacqueline

No Regrets

As someone who isn't a fan of change, moving to Dublin for three months was a drastic change for me. However, it was probably one of the best decisions I ever made. I easily settled in and soon gained so many experiences, made lifelong friends and traveled all around Ireland as well as other nearby countries. The program is dedicated to provide you with a positive experience and is run by the nicest and most helpful people. It is a once in a lifetime experience and I wouldn't change it for anything.

Casey

An Amazing Opportunity

I found Stint really through Google searching and had no idea what I was getting myself into. But from the first moment I shared interest with the Stint Team, they were very eager and excited to help me have the best experience possible. I ended up working at the Irish Traditional Music Archive and, as I want to be a music librarian, it was the best opportunity. Going abroad can be hard, but having people you can rely on for help when you may need it is really the best option. 10/10 would do again!

Lauryn

STINT - Above and Beyond

Coming overseas, I was worried about many things; however, one of them was being able to explore everything that I wanted to see of and finding people to go on adventures with. I feel honored to be involved with such an amazing organization that not only gave me the tools to go exploring, but also placed me in a house full of 10 other wonderful individuals more than willing to accompany me on wherever my adventurous heart dared to explore. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming and I felt at home in no time!

Location:
57 F / 37 F
Airports:
Dublin
( DUB )

Dublin is the capital of the Republic of Ireland and is the largest city in the country teeming with pubs, castles, museums and Irish step dancing.

Alumni Interviews

Staff Interviews

About Stint Ireland

Stint Ireland operates on the belief that experiences abroad are valuable and worthwhile. Our dedicated team works hard to facilitate our program, where the focus is on you, and we pride ourselves on our diverse range of internship and work...