Stint Ireland: Internships in Dublin

Stint Ireland: Internships in Dublin

You are unique. Whether you’re looking for an experience of a lifetime, searching for the meaning of life, or trying to gain valuable career experience, we’ll craft our internship program around you.

So tell us, what do you desire from your stint in Ireland? What’s your ideal internship? How long are you hoping to stay? What skills do you wish to gain? Where do you want to travel?

It would be our genuine pleasure to see your dreams come true, with tales to tell for the rest of your life.

• We love people - We're enthusiastic about working with you. Additionally, it also means we're always expanding our network in Dublin, growing our pool of connections, increasing the diversity of internship experiences we offer. Basically, we're always try
  • Living abroad in Ireland - We understand what it means to live abroad (each member of our team has studied and worked abroad) and we're passionate about giving others a chance to experience life overseas.
  • Doing what you love - As we mentioned before, we'll help you find your ideal internship placement. It'll be a chance for you to gain experience in the field of your choice. Not only will you be doing something you enjoy, you'll also gain new skills, work
  • The Stint Experience - With our dedicated team, support is a guarantee pre-stint (placement, visas, housing, insurance...), during your stint (social events, support sessions, emergencies...) , and post-stint (alumni network, references, and career suppor
  • Ireland, Ireland, Ireland - We're in love with Ireland. It's not monogamous though; we'd love to share the Irish experience with you. We are active fellows, always in the loop about the latest happenings around Dublin/Ireland, and we're more than happy to
Europe » Ireland » Dublin
Resume
Letters of Recommendation
Phone / Skype Interview
Application Fee

Hi Sydney, According to the Stint website the following is included in the fee: -your tailored internship placement -medical and travel insurance -airport transfer from Dublin airport to your accommodation -a housing placement (rent to be paid separately) -visa assistance -an orientation pack -program support throughout the duration of your stay -career guidance and mentoring -local discounts -reg...

Caleb

A Place for Growth

My experience with Stint Ireland was wonderful. They were excellent in helping me find an internship as well as several communities to join once I arrived in Dublin. I grew a great deal professionally through my internship and then personally through my friendships with my housemates in a Stint house. This is a experience that can change your life not just by giving you memories of traveling but also through providing opportunities in which you can grow in many different aspects. In the workplace I learned how I could succeed in the world of marketing without prior experience while in the Stint house I learned how I needed to reevaluate how I could be a better friend to those around me. The lessons I learned while I was a part of Stint were invaluable to me in my personal and professional development and I will always look back fondly on those two months.

It could be nice to have more house visits from the Stint staffers to facilitate interaction between the interns/gap-years and staffers. This could also encourage more open dialogue regarding how the interns/gap-years are doing. I saw that sometimes just making the trek to the Stint office during a work day was enough to discourage interns/gap-years from being fully honest with how they were doing.

Morehead State University

Stint: Ireland

Stint was a really great program to be a part of! I loved travelling on the weekends and making new friends in the house, at work, and on the tours. The program was also really great about offering support if you were feeling homesick or having any problems with anything. While I was there my house had a bit of a problem with some of the people who were living there. Upon hearing about it, Stint immediately took action and were nice enough to send us cupcakes! Even gluten free for a fellow celiac housemate. Very thoughtful program, and it was super fun to live and immerse oneself in the culture!

Kenealy
Kansas City, Missouri
Northwest Missouri State University

Highly Recommend This Program!

I have always been in love with all things Irish and when this opportunity became available, I immediately jumped on it and I am so glad I did. I spent two months interning with Mendicity, which is a non-profit organization that helps the homeless in Dublin. I am truly grateful for the opportunity to spend time with those people, learning from them and hearing their stories. I love the work that the organization is doing and I would love to go back and visit someday.
I could not have asked for a better program than Stint for my internship. The team is full of great people who were extremely helpful and attentive to anything I needed during my stay. They planned fun activities for us to get to know the other Stinters and to explore Ireland in our free time. I made some great friends through those trips and activities that I still talk to today. I truly appreciate the Stint team's support and help, not only during my two months in Ireland, but also in the months leading up to and after my stay. Their team honestly made Dublin feel like a second home to me and I can't wait to go back and visit someday.

It was a bit costly overall, but I think the entire experience was well worth the money spent.

group photo
Kirsten

I can't wait to go back

I had such a great experience interning abroad in Dublin over the summer! Everyone I met through the program was so welcoming and friendly. I really have nothing bad to say about my experience. I was put into a house with 10 other Stinters, which was nice to have a good amount of people to get to know and hang out with outside the house. The house was only a 10 minute walk from my internship location too, which was super convenient. One main thing I would recommend to anyone thinking about traveling abroad is save save save your money. Before I left I estimated the amount of money I would need for the two months that I would be living in Ireland, however, I definitely underestimated that amount. Especially if you are thinking about traveling around Ireland and around Europe while you're there, it's important to overestimate the amount of money you will need to have saved before your trip in order to allow yourself to have the best possible experience. While I was interning in Dublin, I was able to travel to other parts of Ireland, London, and Barcelona. It really was a trip of a lifetime, and I would highly recommend choosing to intern abroad through Stint.

The only thing that was an issue for me was, when I first arrived, our house was having issues with the plumbing and the amount of water we were able to use. Once Stint found out about the problem, however, it was fixed pretty quickly.

Maine, USA
University of Maine- Orono (main campus)

Stint Internship

I came across Stint Ireland while searching for summer internships abroad and I am so glad that I found it! I started the application process during the second semester of my junior year of college and at that point, I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to do with my International Affairs major after graduation. Right from the beginning, Melanie and Aiofe were so great at contacting me and answering any questions that I had. After our initial phone interview, they sent me several options that they thought would be a good fit for me. I ended up choosing to work for Plan International and it was the best three months of my life! I learned so much during my internship and gained amazing skills and networking connections.
Living in Dublin was an amazing experience in itself, and I would move back in a heart beat. There is so much to do and so much to see and I was never bored. Moving to a different country by myself and not knowing anyone there, made my parents (and admittedly, myself) a bit uneasy at first, but I always felt safe in Dublin. Whether I was going out at night with my friends or walking home from work by myself, I never felt scared or that I was in a dangerous area. What they say is true - the people in Ireland are some of the nicest people you will ever meet!
My internship abroad in Dublin was such a positive and exciting experience. I lived with people from all over the U.S. and from around the world. I made great friends, great memories, and grew so much in only a few months. I highly recommend Stint Ireland if you are looking for a unique, positive, and inspiring experience.

The housing was rather expensive - especially for how small of a room I was in and the fact that I was sharing it with someone - but the house itself was in a great location (I lived in the South Circular house) and was nicely updated!

Sarah
New Jersey Institute of Technology

Healthcare Internship

My name is Sarah and in the summer of 2017, I spent about 8 weeks in Dublin working at the renal biobank, which is part of Trinity College.
When I applied to Stint, I really wasn't sure what I was getting into. I had never been to Ireland, not to mention alone, I am completely gluten free, and I wasn't sure what exactly I wanted to do for my internship. The staff was really helpful in helping me find different opportunities and choose the one that might be the best for me along with reassuring me that there will be plenty for me to eat (the gluten free food is the same price as regular food for restaurants and food from the grocery store is pretty cheap if you know where to look.
While I was there, the staff was there for anything I needed. There were check in meetings just to make sure everything was going well in the house and with the internship. They had suggestions for places to go and things to see during my free time.
I knew no one in the house when I arrived but the people who were there were super nice and helped me acclimate to life there- where the grocery store is, how to meal prep, going on trips together.
Also, since there are several houses that are part of Stint, they arrange trips and meet ups for everyone that is part of the program year round.
My internship itself was a great learning experience for me. I spent most of my time working in the biobank, but the staff there understood that I wanted to see and experience as much as I could and allowed me to assist with other projects, observe, and even gave me the opportunity to work on something that might get published. The working environment is much different than it is in America. Everyone is calm and understanding and it's a much slower working pace.
If you're even thinking about going with Stint to do an internship abroad, go for it. The Stint workers will help you get there and give you what you need and the current Stinters will make you feel at home.

Maria
Denmark

Internship in Marketing

The four moths I spent in Dublin, has been some of the most interesting and educational months of my life. Up till and throughout my entire stay, the Stint team provided me with all the help and support I needed. From big things, such as providing me with the opportunity to intern at the perfect company, to the smaller things such as wearing clothes from my favourite clothing brand (simply because it is Danish) - all in all, I couldn't have wished for a better supportsystem during my stay in Ireland.
And don't even get me started on Ireland and Dublin. If you haven been there yet: GO!! Such a beautiful place! Ireland has the nicest people you'll ever meet, the best beer and whiskey you'll ever drink, and some of the most beautiful nature you'll ever see. It is truly an amazing place.
The only negative think I have to say about my stay in Ireland has to be, that it has ruined Guinness for me - It simply doesn't taste as good in Denmark, as it does on the Stags Head.

A few more kitchen tools in the Leeson Village House - otherwise I cannot think of anything.

Léa
Strasbourg, France

Architecture Internship & "Great Craic" in Dublin

I spent 5 months in Dublin, from September 2016 to January 2017, and the experience was everything that I expected it to be, and more!

My first emails/skype call with the Stint team confirmed that it was the program for me : they were very friendly, understanding and reassuring (I wasn’t particularly afraid of living abroad, but being a non-native English speaker, I wasn’t 100% confident that my English was good enough). They found the perfect work placement for me in an architecture firm, and made sure that I was happy with it before, during and after the internship. My colleagues turned out to be amazing and I learned a lot!

I was a bit anxious about the housing before I left : the rent was REALLY expensive (Dublin being on of the most expensive cities in Europe, rent-wise) and I had never lived with 7 people before. The rent was (and is), indeed, expensive, but : the location couldn’t be much more better (15-20 minutes walk from the city centre) ; a cleaning lady came weekly and everything we needed was provided (fast internet, washing machine/dryer, kitchen utensils…).

A few of my housemates and I still had to face three stressful situations with our housing : somebody broke into our first house and stole a laptop that had been left on the kitchen table ; we had to move house in the middle of my stay because the landlady decided to sell, with a short notice ; we struggled with the heating/hot water for a few weeks in the new house in November (the hot water cylinder was apparently not big enough for 8 people). Even if it wasn’t Stint’s fault, we wished that they solved the heating problem faster, and that they offered us some kind of compensation (it was cold in November) (and again, the rent is very expensive).

Apart from this unfortunate events, I had a wonderful time with my housemates, and this is also what I was expecting with this program : a sens of community/family away from home. The minute you step into your new house, you know you will be surrounded by people that want the same thing as you : explore the city, go out, go on a day tour/weekend trip, talk about your day while cooking dinner, etc.

Stint was very helpful at every step of the way, even though I’m fairly independent/self-sufficient. I really liked going to the Stint office, because the team is lovely, truly concerned about your well-being and passionate about what they do.
Thank you Melanie, Jeffrey, Philip, and especially Seana and Aoife!

- By assigning ONE Stint team member to each student? (even if the team is small, it helps to know exactly who to contact)
- By organizing more day tours / weekend trips!
- By setting WITH THE STUDENT an amount/frequency of meetings (or skype calls!) at the beginning of the internship/stay. I didn’t feel like I needed more than the ones I had, but I know some of my housemates may did.
- By being a bit more transparent about the program fees.

Sara
Jackson, Wisconsin

One of the best experiences of my life.

I loved the opportunity that I had to live and work in Dublin. Some of my favorite memories include taking the train to some of the cities that are on the sea just outside of Dublin. Bray was one of my favorite cities. It is right on the sea and it is beautiful. There is a short hike that you can do up to the top of a hill that gives you some amazing views of Dublin. There is also a beautiful walk along the sea through the hills that takes you to another seaside town called Greystones. The walk is beautiful and the fact that it is only a 30 minute train ride away from Dublin makes it even better. I loved that I could spend a whole day exploring the city or the countryside. In addition to the beautiful views, I also had the privilege of meeting some of the most beautiful people. I loved living in Dublin and having new experiences with amazing people daily. If you are thinking about participating in a program through Stint Ireland I can assure you that you will be making a good decision. Ireland is still a place that I consider a home away from home. I can't wait to go back someday. Stint gave me the opportunity to live in a city and learn not only about a new place but learn about myself. I am forever thankful for the opportunity that Stint has given me. I would strongly encourage you to apply for this amazing program and start making your own memories in the amazing country of Ireland.

Making payment plans. Paying for everything at once was a bit challenging.

Jacqueline
Avenel, New Jersey

No Regrets

As someone who isn't a fan of change, moving to Dublin for three months was a drastic change for me. However, it was probably one of the best decisions I ever made. I easily settled in and soon gained so many experiences, made lifelong friends and traveled all around Ireland as well as other nearby countries. The program is dedicated to provide you with a positive experience and is run by the nicest and most helpful people. It is a once in a lifetime experience and I wouldn't change it for anything.

Casey
Los Angeles, California

An Amazing Opportunity

I found Stint really through Google searching and had no idea what I was getting myself into. But from the first moment I shared interest with the Stint Team, they were very eager and excited to help me have the best experience possible. I ended up working at the Irish Traditional Music Archive and, as I want to be a music librarian, it was the best opportunity. Going abroad can be hard, but having people you can rely on for help when you may need it is really the best option. 10/10 would do again!

Lauryn
Salt Lake City
University of Utah

STINT - Above and Beyond

Coming overseas, I was worried about many things; however, one of them was being able to explore everything that I wanted to see of and finding people to go on adventures with. I feel honored to be involved with such an amazing organization that not only gave me the tools to go exploring, but also placed me in a house full of 10 other wonderful individuals more than willing to accompany me on wherever my adventurous heart dared to explore. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming and I felt at home in no time!

Zoe
Wollongong, Australia
University of Wollongong

Internship with the Irish Wheelchair Association: Ahh it was Grand!

My first impression of Irish people was 'Wow they look incredibly comfy' and 'how do they always have something to say?'. The comfy bit came from the fact that 83% of the Irish people (their accents gave it away) travelling on my flight were all wearing either Nike, Puma or more commonly Adidas tracksuit pants and runners. This was a foreign concept to me, as most Australians I know travel in one of three attires: 1. 'Semi-casual' outfit featuring jeans and a nice jumper/cardigan/scarf 2. The hippie style involving usually baggy hippie pants. 3. The tourist outfit, which includes an array of outdoor, gear mainly Kathmandu brand. The 'chatty' part came from my observations of conversations. Irish conversations are so fluid and laughter occurs after most statements are made.

Anyway, I landed in Dublin after a long journey from Denpasar-Abu Dhabi-Kuala Lumpar and it was a frosty, slightly rainy (of course) morning. My taxi driver spilled his life story to me on the way to my home-to-be at South-Circular Road. He warned me not to walk home alone at night, he told me I was brave for coming on my own, he answered two phone calls, briefly explained a bit of Irish history, told me about the River Liffey and he also told me that marriage is stupid. At least I think this is what he told me...I mostly laughed and said 'oh, how interesting' because, to be honest, I could only grasp a few words here and there. A typical Irish taxi driver experience as I later found out.

I was greeted at the door to 'the white house' by Aoife, yes I did Google 'how to pronounce Aoife' before I arrived. I was instantly warm when I walked into the house, I think because the heating was on but also because Aoife was just this radiating ball of happiness, warmth and positivity. She asked me how the journey had been, she introduced me to one of my house mates, lovely Cassie, she gave me a tour of the beautiful house 'many oh wow's' were made (because the house is huge and AMAZING), she gave me a cute little bag of goodies with a phone, some postcards and emergency contact details and she ordered me to get some sleep. I was overwhelmed with all the new stuff I was experiencing but also weirdly at peace in the house already, I unpacked a bit and slept for a good 8 hours.

My first few days in Ireland I spent finding my feet and meeting the rest of my housemates (who I now consider life long friends that I've shared many a laugh, boogie and adventure with). I walked to the
‘Stint’ office and after a cup of tea, a polaroid posing shot and much chatting I went off and explored the city. I got myself a 'leap card' (essential in Dublin), a new sim and did some sound shopping (sound is my new favourite Irish word). I also explored a few grocery stores; these always excite me when I'm in another country. Turns out Tesco is super expensive, but has great cakes and bread.

Skipping past a lot of the in between moments, not to say that nothing happened in these moments...it did! but I don't have the right words or wittiness to explain to you how great these little in between moments were.

I started my internship at the Irish Wheelchair Association in Clontarf on a Monday. After a bus ride to Westmoreland St, a train from the Tara street station and a brief walk led by my trusty Google maps powered by 3 mobile unlimited data (this is unheard of in Australia!), I arrived. A bit nervous but outwardly confident. After a bit of waiting around I met my 'boss' Ciaran (yep I googled pronunciation of this one too, its like Kieran but with emphasis on the ON, so its like Kier-ON). He spoke quickly, I nodded and smiled and tried to get in a few 'yep's. Luckily he sensed I'd missed a lot of what he said and paused 'am I speaking too fast? did you understand that?', I giggled and said 'yes, maybe just a tad too fast, I think I understood most of it...' and he proceeded to give me a dumbed down, slower version of what he'd started with.

The facility was basically a gym and a huge sports hall, but it was fully catered to those with disabilities. Each and every piece of equipment in the gym could be accessed and used by someone in a wheelchair. There were special gadgets for people who may not have full control of their hands (commonly people with cerebral palsy, or people who have suffered a stroke) and assistive aids and equipment for people who are re-learning to walk. Six men work at the gym on a regular basis, and while at first this was intimidating, I soon felt very welcomed and comfortable. My job as an intern was to be an active member of this team, to help set up the hall for lawn bowls (this happened twice a week, and people of all ability levels and ages, even those wheelchair bound - came to play), to lead school groups through wheelchair education sessions (we got abled body kids from local schools to jump in wheelchairs, taught them how to stop and turn and gain speed, got them thinking about what it would be like to be in a wheelchair, all of the things you need to consider when going somewhere and then finally got them playing a game of wheelchair basketball) and finally my job was to write exercise programs (based on the latest scientific evidence sourced from journals) for individuals with various disabilities including cerebral palsy, spina bifida, multiple sclerosis and brain injuries/disabilities incurred from a stroke, car or motorbike accident.

Each day at work was different. I'd see different clients, one day a week I'd sit in on a group exercise class in which most participants were wheelchair bound, I'd chat with an athlete training for the Paralympics or I'd work with a young lad doing his work experience for school or I'd eat lunch downstairs where a day program of various activities was run for those with physical disabilities. The only thing that was consistently the same each day was the 'throw a shrimp on the barbie' comment that would come at some point or another, and each time I would laugh politely and take the opportunity to explain that we actually call them 'prawns' and we never say that, much like the Irish never say 'top of the mornin' to ya'. Banter was always included in each day, part of the Irish way and I loved that.

I was kept busy with administration work, I quickly learned how to use the computer system and to add new members, file paper work and use the Eftpos machine (hopefully I didn't mess up toooo much!). Ciaran was always kept busy organising events, meeting new people who were thinking about joining the gym and wanting to start a program but he always made time for me and I was always in his ear asking his approval of certain exercises I could/couldn't do with clients. I am so so grateful to Ciaran for the time and effort he put in to teaching me some of the skills needed in this sort of rehabilitation work. He is an incredibly knowledgeable and hard working man, not to mention incredibly quick witted, who I aspire to be like.

Each day on my bus ride x 2 home from work, I'd catch myself awkwardly smiling to myself, I was buzzing after each day at work, I felt incredibly lucky to be in this lively, positive country and to be working in such a cool, life enhancing facility! When I looked out the window, there were people riding their bikes, walking briskly home from work, (nobody even phased by the rain and the wind), the girls in their sensible 'stockings and runners' outfits for the journey home, many faces with pink cheeks and freckles (like me! woo I don't stand out!) I'd listen to some Irish songs on my phone like 'Fairytale of New York ', 'Galway girl' 'I'll tell me ma' and I'd think to myself...'what a wonderful world', haha nah just kidding, but I did think to myself 'I need to live here someday'.

Work aside; the rest of my life was pretty great while I was in Ireland. I'd come home to my housemates, (special mention to my bubbly, inspiring and hilarious roommate Ally who arrived a week after I did and soon became one of my best friends), who were all completing different internships or working different jobs, each of them as interesting as the next and we'd share our funny stories. We'd laugh about the best and worst of the Irish sayings. 'Ah you're grand' became something we all said, because it's just so lovely isn't it? It’s kind of like 'no worries' like we say back in Australia but a whole new level of nice. 'Story horse?' still doesn't make sense to me and 'craic' still manages to make me laugh. One day at work I rocked up and said 'how's your craic' to Karl (one of my colleagues) and he lost it. He then proceeded to give me a lesson on when and how to use 'craic'.

Most nights the housemates and I would share the living room area, we'd be researching and discussing places to go on the weekend, we'd laugh about funny tinder stories and whether or not to go on that date, we'd cook for each other, we'd watch movies together, sometimes we'd venture out for a meal, on Tuesdays some of us would go and see live music and at least twice a week some of us would go out on the town. The most interesting stories came out of 'Coppers', it's a pretty dicey place, but you do have to go there at least once.

Weekends were precious, we'd each be up and at it asking each other 'so what are you doing?' and the responses ranged from 'I was thinking I'd go explore the Wicklow mountains' to 'I want to go to Belfast' to 'I'm thinking Howth'. Each of us shared the same desire to see and experience as much of Ireland as we could. We quickly learned not to go too hard on the Friday night, because hangovers meant lost time on a Saturday.

My internship alone was an awesome experience. But combine that with a wicked house, some crazy Americans and a shared sense of adventure between us, and you have a humungous learning experience and a budding love for Ireland that has left a strong imprint on me. Literally, I got a small circle tattooed on my wrist to remind me of the grand south circular road and my time in Ireland. It was ‘Stint’ that enabled all of this to happen. They got me in contact with the IWA, they set me up in the white house, they inspired me to get outside of my comfort zone, but made me feel 100% comfortable the whole time. I cannot thank them enough for this!

Nicolet
Ellenton
University of South Florida

A Summer in Broadcast Journalism

I had no clue what where I wanted to go or how I wanted to go about it, I just knew I wanted to take my summer to intern abroad. I stumbled across the STINT program and immediately fell in love. Many other programs are all over the world, but since STINT is strictly in Dublin they are deeply committed to their STINTers and giving them a genuine Irish experience. The STINTer is also allowed to choose when they come to Ireland and for how long, something unique to most internship programs. For these reasons, after interviewing with Melanie I was more than pleased to commit to their program.

The team told me they had placed many interns in journalism and had multiple companies they've worked with in their past however I would be their first broadcast journalism intern. Aoife got me in contact with a radio station and it has been the best work experience of my life. Everyone at my station is incredibly kind, welcoming and willing to help and teach me every facet of what the job entails. I have been researching, writing scripts, contacting listeners and have even been on air multiple times.

Upon arrival a cab picked me up from the airport and brought me to my house where Melanie greeted me, showed me around my house and explained the basics of what I'll need to know around Dublin. If there were any issues with my house one of us would contact Melanie and almost immediately she would respond and get someone to the house to help us. Her and the entire STINT team is incredibly warm and clearly loves what they do, making this a truly one of a kind experience. I highly recommend this program for anyone looking to a life changing summer and gain valuable work experience.

Danielle
Chicago
Carthage College

An Impeccable Summer in Ireland

Participating in Stint Ireland has been an incredible experience. The program is directed by the kindest and most helpful people, who are always available to answer any questions or solve any problems. Stint organizes both local and week-end-long activities for all of its participants, which are varied in interest so there is something for everyone to do. Participants are housed in beautiful homes scattered across the city, where 10 or so fellow stinters all live, travel, go out, relax and become good friends together. Stint is able to find internships that suit the interests of all it's participants. Overall, interning in Ireland has been an incredible experience, and I would recommend Stint Ireland to all of my friends!

I honestly do not know. They are incredibly adept at their jobs, and it shows throughout the program.

Joseph
Knoxville, TN
University of Tennessee- Knoxville

Now I see why people intern abroad...

I'm really impressed with the trips and activities that Stint has organized since I have been here. There's a good balance of traveling to other countries and doing things locally. Since most of us are American, I was really happy that they organized a 4th of July so we could celebrate by eating some American food! But I also really like how they organize trips to authentic places in Ireland, like Killarney National Park or Stephen's Green. I would definitely recommend to someone who wants to intern abroad.

Buffalo
Case Western Reserve University

Summer with Stint

It was a wonderful experience! Every weekend I went out and explored all around Ireland, there are so many amazing places to go and explore! It is very easy to come home from work and try a new pub or restaurant around the city, and weekend trips are very accessible, especially the ones that Stint facilitates. The Stint staff is very nice and always responds in a prompt and helpful manner to any concerns that you have.

Katrina
Chesapeake, VA

Stint Spring 2016

To try and pick a single story is not easy, as so many of them are interlocked, but one that stands out to me since it was one of my first weeks abroad was when the Stint team had organized one of its get-togethers. A few housemates, myself, and Elli, Stint's intern, took the DART train from Dublin to Portmarnock where we met up with Melanie, the director, Seana, one of the program coordinators, and walked along the coast towards Malahide. This was the first time I was able to meet Melanie after receiving the news from her more than a year earlier that I had won a placement in the Stint program through a contest. She was so warm and personable, as are Seana and Elli and the rest of the Stint crew! They made me feel right at home. We all stopped and had a bit of a picnic by the water before continuing our walk to Malahide castle. It was a great experience because I was able to see more of Ireland that I hadn't before, but it also made me feel like Stint was the right choice for me. Their small team makes all the difference giving a personalized experience and genuinely catering to the participants.

Response from Stint Ireland

Aaahh, thanks a million to you too Katrina! Thanks for the inspiration for the Stint water bottles too! Stay in touch x

Ash
Salt Lake City, Utah
University of Utah

Wonderful Experience!

I had an amazing time while in Dublin! I am from the USA and I thought everyone in the program was welcoming and fun. My internship was valuable to my major and future goals. Dublin's social scene is also like no other, it was busy every weeknight and weekend. I enjoyed traveling all over Ireland in addition to many other countries. The Stint program makes it easy to make friends and seek out the type of experience you want.

Response from Stint Ireland

Thanks so much for your lovely review Ash!

Eleanor
Cremona, Canada

UCD Agriculture Internship

I was placed at the UCD Lyons Research farm doing Maize research. Soon I was helping other Ph. D and Masters students with their animal research trials, which included being in a Rusitec to weighing sheep, pigs and weekly rumen collection from research dairy cows. It was amazing. I had no experience with farm animals but everyone was willing to teach me the basics about their research trials and their animals.

Melanie, Aoife and Jeffery made my experience so much better. They were always offering ideas for weekend trips or setting up get togethers with the other interns. Since I was staying outside of Dublin, I did not get to stay in the Stint houses, and that is my only regret because there were a lot of pretty awesome people in the houses. Before I got here, I did not have to worry about anything at all. The team was wonderful and answered all my questions and always got back to me quickly. My doubts about this kind of program were quickly eliminated the more I talked to Aoife. I didn't have to worry about accommodation or placement or anything. They are a wonderful team and I would recommend them to anyone looking to intern in Ireland.

I would have only stayed in the Stint houses instead of in Newcastle, but that really couldn't have been avoided.

Response from Stint Ireland

A very belated thank you for your lovely review Eleanor!

A
UAE

Stint Ireland Dental Internship

I received several options for my internship but eventually chose one that was a full-time Monday to Friday position at a private dental clinic in Dublin. Stint worked quickly and efficiently to find me this position, I contacted Stint around the month of June for a position beginning in July and ending in October, no other company found a placement for me except Stint. After I chose a placement, Stint then contacted the clinic for an interview where I discussed my role directly with the clinic in more detail, thereafter I paid up and everything was finalised.

Stint sent an email a few days before my flight giving me all the necessary documents I might need at the airport including travel insurance, the taxi details, how to get to my residence, location of the Stint office and important contact numbers. The day after landing in Dublin I went to the Stint office to collect my starter pack (the most useful tote bag, I took 2, keep it in your bag at all times, so useful for groceries!) filled with brochures, maps and a mobile phone with a local sim card (sim cards are anyways free). After a week I changed my sim card to another company since that company provided better monthly data/internet package.

I did not stay in Stint lodgings because I was travelling with my parents also they were slightly overpriced. Instead we rented a small two bedroom apartment about a 15 minute bus ride from my place of work.

I had monthly one-on-one meetings with Aoife, Melanie & Jeffery (the staff at Stint) along with emails during the month just to see how I was doing. Stint were also in regular contact with the clinic. Dublin is a fantastic city filled with the warm-hearted Irish.

I'd recommend Stint to everyone from seasoned travellers to first time travellers. Take comfortable shoes, there’s walking to do! Keep an umbrella on you at all times and don’t believe the weather forecast, it rains regardless of the season! Also join Facebook cos that's where all the outings are planned.

Provide a Leap card for Dublin Public Transport
Provide prepaid mobile internet/data package.
Decrease the fees or provide additional services.
Make a timetable of the weekly activities so people can plan before hand which outings they want to go to
Paperwork was abit slow - but this was also due to a staff member on leave

Response from Stint Ireland

Ha ha, good advice on the umbrella front Ash! We are enjoying some freak sunshine these days though. Thanks for the review.

Christine
Boston, Massachusetts
University of Vermont

Ireland Just Gets Better

As a returnee to living in Ireland, Stint was exactly what I was looking for. Having studied abroad in Cork in college, I was keen to return to Ireland. As a graduate I was looking for work experience that would allow me to explore the career path I'd chosen. Stint provided me with an excellent internship with Coastwatch as well as a house in a gorgeous part of Dublin to call home.

My internship with Coastwatch was exactly what I was hoping for. I spent my time hands- on in the field conducting eco-audits, interacting with the public raising awareness to environmental issues, as well as attending workshops and conferences. I learned so much from Coastwatch in just three months and really enjoyed my internship. It definitely gave me the motivational drive I needed to pursue a focus in the environmental marine sciences.

Stint Ireland was wonderful in being interactive without making me claustrophobic and allowed me to explore Dublin at my own pace. They were good about making sure I was enjoying my internship and settling into Dublin alright. I really enjoyed living in the Stint accommodation in Portobello- it's the perfect distance from everything in Dublin as well as having a nice residential vibe.

Overall, my stint in Dublin was outstanding but I would change one thing: I wish I'd stayed longer!

Response from Stint Ireland

Thank you so much for your kind words Christine. Really hope all is well with you,

Ian
West Lafayette, IN
Purdue University

My Stint Experience

My experience was Stint Ireland was absolutely incredible. I was placed in a internship working with a physiotherapist in Dublin. Over the course of my internship I was able to work with multiple GAA teams as well as in a university clinic and the Sport Surgery Center. I was able to see such a wide range of injuries and therapy techniques. My experience was far greater than I could ever have imagined.

Not only was my internship amazing, but the bonds I made with other Stinters will last a lifetime. Exploring Dublin and other parts of Ireland with my housemates was some of the most fun I've ever had in my life. There's nothing that can compare to setting out across a country for the weekend with no set plans, and having that weekend turn into an unforgettable experience such as seeing the Cliffs of Moher and exploring the Aran Islands.

The Stint crew was extremely helpful answering any questions I had while in Dublin. They also went out of their way to organize social events and trips to add to the fun of the experience. I would recommend Stint to everyone. My only regret is that I didn't stay longer!

Providing a prepaid Leap Card would have been very beneficial. However it was very easy to obtain one in the city.

Response from Stint Ireland

Happy 1 Year on anniversary Ian! Itchy feet to come back.... Gap Year..!?

Colleen
Indiana
Ball State University

The Time of My Life

Working with Stint Ireland changed my life in more ways that I could have ever imagined. The staff was incredibly helpful and supportive throughout the entire process and I could not have asked for a better placement with my internship. I truly fell in love with what I was doing through my internship. Along with gaining valuable work experience, I was also bitten by the travel bug, travelling to all corners of Ireland, as well as taking a week off to explore England by myself. Throughout my time in Ireland, I learned so much about myself, gaining confidence and becoming so much more independent. I also made lifelong friends and had too many life changing experiences to even begin to process. I got to see The Script during their sold out homecoming show, witness (and play!) hurling, stand at the edge of the Cliffs of Moher, and witnessed the true Irish hospitality. I had the most amazing three months of my life and it was all thanks to Stint Ireland.

Response from Stint Ireland

Colleen, you little super star, thank you!

Ashley
New York City
Pace University

Stint community

Stint was fantastic because it is solely an Irish program. It made it easy to learn about the culture, local customs, and getting around in Dublin. They were not only very helpful but the team lives in Dublin so if there things needed for the house or if someone needed to walk in the office to talk, they were there. I think it's great that you live with other people who are interning through Stint. It creates a great community with instant friends and allows for some diversity instead of just meeting people you work with. My experience through Stint changed my life and I'm thankful I found them.

I think it would've been nice if they checked in more often with me about how my internship was going.

Response from Stint Ireland

Great pic with the lamb Ashley! A very (1 year) belated thank you!

Theo
Charlotte, NC
Queens University of Charlotte

City Council Internship

I worked at Dublin City Council in the Parks and Landscape Services Division during May and June. I worked on projects related to public education and did science writing for a website launch. The Stint team was a great resource and really made my internship an enjoyable experience. They had a wide range of contacts for internships so you always have options to choose from.
The Stint house I stayed at was great. It had a lot of space and it's located close to several convenient bus lines. There are plenty of grocery stores within walking distance.
Stint does a lot of events and nights out for people to enjoy and those were always a highlight. Most of them are at restaurants or concerts. There are also Stint discounts on tours that were a great way to spend the weekend. Stint also organized a mystery tour that was great.
All the people working with Stint are very nice and easy to contact and they take the time to make sure you're adjusting to Ireland and getting the most out of your internship. Working in Dublin was a great way to spend the summer and I would absolutely do it again.

Joe
Boston, MA
Wentworth Institute of Technology

Civil Engineering Internship

I know finding a civil engineering/construction internship can be a different and difficult task; but when I would die to go back, I know Stint did an unbelievable job. I worked for GMC Utilities Group on the extension of the LUAS (tram). I worked both in the office and on-site being exposed to both the management and site-engineer sides of the project.I learned from numerous experienced engineers.The people with the company could not have been a better fit for me.

As far as Stint, the program itself goes, they made me feel comfortable in Dublin right from the start. I was given information on anything I needed. This included how to get around the city, where to go at night, where to eat, what to see and the list goes on. Stint takes you in personally and likes to get to know you. This made them different in the fact that they care not only to find you the right internship but to make sure you have an experience of a lifetime. The people who join Stint or are in the company itself, are just awesome people all around.

To have received more a job description before entering the internship.

Response from Stint Ireland

Thank you so much for your review Joe. Hope you'll be back soon for pints in Diceys!

Aoife, Melanie and Jeffrey ^_^

Erin
Philadelphia, PA
Arcadia University

Amazing

When I went to Ireland this summer, that was the first time I had ever been to Europe. I was very excited to go and was open minded about the experience. They were very accommodating to us new travelers and placed us all in a house together. It was great living with new people and experiencing this opportunity together. The house was amazing and Stint was a phone call away if there was an issue. They planned an over night trip for us to Sligo Ireland, where we did surfing and various other activities. Stint also planned happy hours, dinners, and events to attend. They made my experience in Dublin truly amazing and unforgettable. The internship that they matched me up with was an amazing fit and just what I was looking for.

I would have liked to do another over night trip somewhere.

Response from Stint Ireland

Erin thank you very much for your review and feedback. We hope you'll come and see us again very soon, plenty more adventuring awaits!

Aoife, Melanie and Jeffery

Austin
University of South Florida

My Summer in Ireland

My time spent in Dublin working with Coastwatch (an environmental NGO) was invaluable, both for the research opportunity as well as developing essential working skills for the environmental field. My primary duties with Coastwatch involved conducting research on local coastlines, but I also had plenty of opportunity to travel and study coastlines on both the east and western coasts of Ireland. Field days were spent combing beaches and conducting ecosystem evaluations and surveys, and then my days in the office were spent reviewing policies, attending and recording meetings, and preparing workshops and field trips. I even had the amazing opportunity to sit in at the Dail, and words can't describe how exciting that day was! The only major problem I faced was some internet issues at my various housing locations, but Stint Ireland was great in resolving those issues by helping me find alternative housing options. Thanks again to the Stint Ireland crew for an amazing internship!

-I needed more housing options with reliable internet
-The program needed to include a bus pass or rail pass in order to get around if the housing was farther than a 15 minute walk from place of internship

Response from Stint Ireland

Thank you so much for your review Austin and for your feedback, we're always striving to improve the service and experience we provide here in Ireland.

All the best,

Melanie, Jeffrey and Aoife :)

Kathryn
TN, USA
Rhodes College

Internship

Stint Ireland was an incredible organization that worked with me to find a last-minute opportunity. The staff went out of their way to not only find me a great internship, they also worked hard to make me and other interns feel comfortable and included. The internship was a unique experience that will assist me in achieving my future aspirations. I definitely recommend Stint Ireland to people looking for a creative and unique opportunity abroad.

Response from Stint Ireland

Thanks so much for your review Kathryn, we really appreciate your kind words. Hope to see yo in Dublin again very soon!

All the best,
Melanie, Aoife and Jeffrey :)

Stint Ireland operates on the belief that experiences abroad are valuable and worthwhile. Our dedicated team works hard to facilitate our program, where the focus is on you, and we pride ourselves on our diverse range of internship and work experiences in Dublin, Ireland.

Why