Virtual Internships Fiji (Choose Your Field)

Make a Difference, Whilst Gaining Unique Skills & Experience

Gain unique experience within sustainable development and the NGO sector. Support Fijian government ministries, social enterprises or charities, to implement the Fiji National Development Plan and UN Sustainable Development Goals.

Learn from Charity Trustees, Social Entrepreneurs, International Development Teams, local Fijian staff and Government Advisors. Achieve purposeful projects, which tackle international development Issues and achieve real outcomes, whilst developing your skills, experience and boosting your employability.

Working on behalf of a Fijian organisation, you will complete a Social Action Project that faces real problems in the South Pacific, whilst learning about the fascinating Fijian culture and developing global citizenship.

Think Pacific’s Virtual Internship programme means you can contribute to international development and gain unique practical experience, whilst working from home.

• Social Impact

• Engagement 9.6
  • Platform 9
Tara

Amazing Opportunity!

When I first began the internship I wondered how it would work being virtual and all!.. but I immediately became engaged and emotionally invested in many of the partner organizations causes. The Think Pacific team and the Guest Speakers are so passionate and enthusiastic about the cause - it is really inspirational. I was impressed by how many resources and information is available. I learnt some brand new skills through the informative skills series and developed my own personal skills - I felt more confident for completing the internship. My mentor was always there to give me support and feedback no matter how silly the question! Overall a really rewarding experience!

Aditi

An experience to remember

This experience was an eye-opener in every way. It introduced me to a rich culture like Fiji and inspired me to know more about it. The program itself gave us a lot of flexibility and scope to grow as a person and learn more about the country. The best part of the program was the love and support of the Think Pacific team. Their passion and dedication to the cause made it more worthwhile and a fun activity to work on. Involving myself with the projects made me feel like a served a purpose for the betterment of the Fijian people. Definitely, an experience to remember for me.

Molly-Rose

Excellent way to contribute

During lockdown, this opportunity with Think Pacific gave me a chance to contribute further than my own community, and for that I am grateful. It felt amazing to be part of a bigger picture, while the world was going through such a hard time. I felt incredibly proud of what I contributed to the organisation. My mentor brought the best out of my knowledge and I finished the internship feeling very confident. There were times when I felt over qualified for this virtual internship, but on reflection, that is what actually happened what that this internship give me confidence in my knowledge. I now feel strong in my self which gives me the boost to grasp more opportunities.

I would improve this program by giving those that gave online presentations and talks, some training in how to deliver online. It's so difficult to engage online audiences, and I think with some training the team would excel.
Sawda

Virtual internship

This internship provides a great insight into the charity sector which is a fantastic opportunity for those wanting to get involved in this area. This internship offers a unique opportunity to learn more about Fiji, its history and culture, and apply this knowledge to our individual action projects. Really enjoyable experience, definitely recommend to students who are exploring different avenues and are looking to contribute something exciting through the various action projects available. 10/10

Potentially provide more interactive sessions between all the interns.
Josh

Valuable experience

This is a great internship to gain experience and also learn a lot about Fiji and its culture. It is especially good because when it comes to the project, you get decide which organisation you will work with and what topic. Given that there are almost 100 organisations to choose from, you are able to tailor your experience to your needs and what skills you want to develop. Alongside this, there is a wealth of resources to support you in your project as well as help you to learn about Fiji and almost everything about it, at your own pace and without even travelling there. Would highly recommend doing this internship.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I think providing a presentation on your project was the most nerve-racking moment because it is something you have worked so hard on and want to do it justice. However, you get to record it in your own time and therefore I prepare as much as possible and take a few attempts so that it was concise and thorough.
Josh

Unique and valuable experience

This is a unique and valuable experience because you are able to learn a lot and make an impact in such a short amount of time. What you learn and what impact you make is also your choice, so you can focus on the things that interest you most and make an impact in areas you want to learn or develop certain skills in. The programme is very well structured and there is a great support network built in. I personally wanted to gain experience in international development and sustainability, and it is quite difficult to find good internships/ experiences in these areas. However, there were so many options to work in these areas, and I now feel I have a unique experience to bring up in interviews.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would spend more time looking through through the internship portal as it had a wealth of information about Fiji, its economy and its culture. It would have been nice to integrate this more into my action project.
Beverly-Celine

Virtual Internship

I think the virtual internship was a fantastic way to still keep the annual trip going but by reducing the price, it enabled more people to be able to join. I feel as though I was still in Fiji through the educational talks and words of the day, learning about the culture, the food and hearing from other people’s experiences. Still managing to submit and complete the action project was my favourite part and now I look forward to seeing what happens next with my suggestions. Thank you for it all!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would engage with more people on the internship!
Karen

Virtual internship

What first brought my attention for applying to do the virtual internship was to learn about Fijis culture and more likely to help with their development, and this was definitely achieved through the zoom meetings, fun fridays, Q and A sessions, and off course with the guidance off their marvelous mentors.
I would definitely repeat this experience, as it has been very emotive for me to contribute a grain of sand so that Fiji can improve ecologically, economically, structurally and in all other aspects.

Even though due to the COVID-19 this year we weren't able to travel, that is definitely a MUST