• United States of America
    • New York
$2,950 USD
Industry
Advertising Architecture Art History Arts Communications Design Fashion Design Film Journalism Marketing Media Relations Music Performing Arts Photography +4

Program Details

Academic Year Fall Spring Winter Year Round

Pricing

$2,950 USD
The program fee includes:

1. Internship Placement: an internship tailored to your career goals.
2. Personalized Coaching: career development workshop, revising your resume and portfolio.
3. Travel Support: We take care of your visa, insurance and housing. We also offer on-site support.
4. The Network: Join an international community. Attend our curated events and meet participants, alumni and creative professionals.
What's Included
Activities Travel Insurance Visa
What's Not Included
Accommodation Airfare
Jan 26, 2021
Oct 17, 2021

The ArtBound Initiative (ABI) program connects students and recent graduates with key players in the New York creative industry. ABI will help you secure your perfect internship and coordinate all travel logistics (including housing, internship visa, insurance, and more).

What types of internships do we offer?

Studio Art (for painters, photographers, ceramists, printmakers, sculptors), Arts Administration, Communications, Marketing, Social Media, Graphic Design, Producing, Exhibitions and Curation, Public Relations, Special Events, Public Programs, Education, Development, and more.

Who will you work with?

Artists, arts foundations, performing arts organizations, galleries, advertising agencies, design studios, architecture firm, Film production companies, creative studios, and more.

Program Highlights

• Intern in New York and get matched with the best company based on your career goals.
  • Join an international community of creative professionals
  • Become an insider in New York: We will send you the best events, venues and Instagram accounts to follow.

• 9-10 rating 92.5%
  • 7-8 rating 7.5%
Saima

The Experience everyone needs to have

In the highly competitive World we live in today, I'm sure most students who graduate from their degree face the stress of finding a job and having to wait months and months to get a response from employers. They ask themselves the frustrating question of "how do I get my foot through the door?" That student was me until I met ABI. Their program changed my life. I feel extremely lucky that I came across their email one day and decided to apply. Ever since then it has been an incredible journey for me. I was given a full scholarship because I applied through my Institute and received free training and coaching from ABI's talented team. I received career changing advice from Laura, Marion Sadavoy, and Sasha Nycole. They helped me in my professional growth from resume building to developing my artist portfolio to actually getting an internship. Zulfa and Ginda were also great mentors and guided me along the way. I feel incredibly blessed to be part of such a realistic and credible program. I simply wouldn't be where I am today without ABI. It's the people you surround yourself with that ultimately push you to be your best and I'm glad I got to meet the ABI team and be a part of this program.

Listen carefully to any advice you get and work harder for it, there's no such thing as luck without hard-work.
Marissa

Great Experience

Artbound Initiative was just what I needed after graduating from undergrad. The career coaching sessions, portfolio review, and resume help were really beneficial as I am going into the professional world. The ABI team always responded quickly and were very hands on through out the process. My internship was virtual since the company was still working from home. It can be hard to network and fully immerse yourself into the creative field when everything is virtual but that is just how things are right now. Nevertheless, I love how ABI has its own network I can continue to use after my internship.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Attending my first zoom sessions because I did not know anyone and I wasn't sure if the boss would call on me to speak. I mostly remained quiet to listen to their conversation and dynamics and when I spoke I kept it short and positive.
June

Great Start to my Career

Artbound prepped me with the in’s and out’s of how agencies/ the professional world operates, so it wasn’t a major shock when I entered as an intern. I was provided the resources and knowledge to navigate different situations, especially regarding direct communication with my co-workers. Throughout the internship, Artbound continued to support me with personal check-in’s and introduced me to other creatives who are in a similar stage as me. The internship opened up a world of outstanding designers and thinkers, and I was able to collaborate and connect with so many wonderful individuals. Not only was I able to develop my skills in UIUX, but got to witness the work and thought process of so many creative individuals. Working at an agency enabled me to shift from a student mindset to a professional one in the most seamless and enjoyable way possible.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
Got to see a 360 view of NYC in my company's office located in the World Trade Center
Nadia

Amazing Program!

I had an amazing summer with ABI. As this was my first internship, ABI helped guide me through the entire process and made sure I was matched with a company that properly fit the experiences I was looking for. It was extremely valuable for me as I've been able to learn so much, especially given the circumstances with Covid. Without ABI, I would be entering the professional world nervous and a little lost but the team made sure I was prepared and confident for the summer. I am so thankful for everyone at ABI and a great internship opportunity!

C

ABI NY Internship

Had a fantastic time with ABI cultivating skills as a professional, making connections, and learning in a professional environment how to improve as a creative. Program did a great job of preparing me with the skills I needed as an intern. It was great getting to intern in New York in particular, great place both to visit and connect with others. ABI had a lot of great programs and events for members to get together and see the city. Would highly recommend this program to anyone looking to enter the creative industry.

Audrey

Great First Time Internship Experience

Art Bound Initiative was able to gain me an internship with a marketing agency. The internship was rewarding because I worked with and gained feedback from professionals. I was able to learn from coworkers about the differences between the marketing industry compared to the movie and television industry for a motion design artist. My coworkers also helped me learn new skills and tools with Photoshop to create work for clients. Overall, I worked hard to complete work for the agency and was able to gain great connections for future opportunities in the marketing industry.

Dorothy

Amazing!

ABI provides international students a chance to get an internship/ job at a location you desire. It was hard finding an internship that accepted an international student like me because a lot of companies often reject international students when they hear about us because of various reasons. ABI allowed me to intern at a NYC company and was helpful throughout the interviewing process. They helped me a lot with my resume as well. Each of the staff is so nice and really wants the best for everyone who joins this program !

Drew Allison

Best time of my life!

Through consistent support and the network of ABI, I got to experience my dream of living in New York City! They helped provide internship placement, visa support, and provided housing! I gained industry experience and learned a lot about my own skills and what the industry expects from fresh graduates. I've met friends that are going to be part of my life forever. I've always dreamt of living in New York City and working for a creative company, ABI helped me achieve this dream! I felt supported and I feel like I can connect with all other alumni in the ABI network!