Creative Internships in New York

The ArtBound Initiative (ABI) program connects students and recent graduates with key players in the New York creative industry. ABI will help you secure your perfect internship and coordinate all travel logistics (including housing, internship visa, insurance, and more).

What types of internships do we offer?

Studio Art (for painters, photographers, ceramists, printmakers, sculptors), Arts Administration, Communications, Marketing, Social Media, Graphic Design, Producing, Exhibitions and Curation, Public Relations, Special Events, Public Programs, Education, Development, and more.

Who will you work with?

Artists, arts foundations, performing arts organizations, galleries, advertising agencies, design studios, architecture firm, Film production companies, creative studios, and more.

• Intern in New York and get matched with the best company based on your career goals.
  • Join an international community of creative professionals
  • Become an insider in New York: We will send you the best events, venues and Instagram accounts to follow.

Secure an internship in New York this Fall!

Secure your creative internship in New York this Fall!
Application deadline: May 15, 2021.
We know that plans can change during these unpredictable times due to the COVID-19 situation. That’s why the ArtBound Initiative program is flexible and will allow you to postpone your program if needed with no additional fees.

Hi Jana-Aimée, Yes, we do offer internships in design. We can find you an internship that fits your career goals, at a great company, in the specialization of your choice. We'd be happy to advise you on the best design internships that are available for you - feel free to contact us at info@artboundinitiative.com or you can visit our website (https://www.artboundinitiative.com/) and fill out our...

• 9-10 rating 93.33%
  • 7-8 rating 6.67%
Caroline

Lifechanging experience!

After working in the fashion industry for a few years, I was re-evaluating my values and wanted a career change. It was a difficult situation as an international student, but thanks to personal mentorship and guidance by Laura and Ginda, I was introduced to strategy positions and the diversity of NYC-based agencies. I'm so grateful that even during this tumultuous year, ABI did their best to connect me with PI&C - a creative agency focused on brand empathy and values. It was an amazing position that allowed every day to be a learning experience, and I'm so excited for my future at the company! Additionally, the New York ABI crew was so welcoming (s/o Gerardo!) and I've made so many new creative and inspiring friends for life! If you are an aspiring creative who sees themselves thriving in New York, ABI will exceed all your expectations!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Going into a a new creative field and career was very nerve-racking and I constantly questioned my abilities, but I just took it day by day and used all my past experiences and skills I learned at school and my previous jobs and it was such an amazing and insightful experience!
Yosel

Great Insight into the creative industry !!

I am so happy I decided to join the ABI program in my last year of college! As an International student, we do not get the same opportunities and have many restrictions. ABI was one of the only programs that fully catered their services to the International student body. I interned with reflexgroup, a boutique creative agency focusing on luxury fashion beauty and lifestyle brands. Through this internship, i was able to get a great deal of experience working in advertising as a creative strategy intern. I was so lucky to have an internship in the middle of a pandemic and it taught me a lot about communicating efficiently both virtually and in person.

I would love to give a special shoutout to Laura Bennegadi the CEO and Ginda Pamela the program coordinator for being my pillar of support and strength. They were always available whenever I needed them and guided me throughout the process with utmost love and kindness.

Having the opportunity to work as an Ambassador for ABI was truly an amazing experience as it gave me the chance to interact with other participants on a more intimate level and truly expanded my horizons on alumni engagement and business development.

I will always remember my experience with ABI and reflexgroup! If you're thinking of a great global internship look no further !!

Ryan

An Amazing Experience!

I recently had the pleasure of going to New York with the Art-bound program. Art-bound is a fantastic company that secures internships for people seeking a pathway into the creative industry. They coached my professional skills, help organised my visa, found my accommodation and ultimately sourced an internship placement in the TV industry at the heart of New York. While I was there they organised events, constantly checked in and supported me and overall ensured that I was having a meaningful experience. I highly recommend this program to anyone in the creative industry looking to find a pathway in. You won't find a more supportive and helpful internship program around!

Thank you to Laura and the Artbound team for all your help over this program!

Don't be afraid to get stuck in and talk to as many people as you can in your internship company. As long as you do it respectfully most people will love having someone interested in their work!
Mai Rose

Fantastic way to get your foot in the door

My internship through ABI was incredible and the experience I’ve gained is invaluable. It gave me the opportunity to work on real projects straight out of university in an industry that is known for being extremely competitive to break into on an entry level. ABI matched me with a company that not only suited my career goals but had an incredible culture. I was always excited to go to my internship every day, and this experience has only strengthened my drive to succeed in a career in VFX.

ABI supports you throughout the entire process from coaching sessions that help prepare your resume, website/portfolio, interview skills and networking skills to help with visa application, accommodation as well providing general advice and support. They really care about you and your experience.

Not only is this program an incredible opportunity to jumpstart your career, but the possibility of living in and exploring a new city is surely something that's hard to resist.

I really recommend people to immediately sign up for a New York Public Library card and also the NYC ID. Having these cards allows free access to a bunch of galleries and event. Both cards are free! So why not? Also, MOMA has free admission Friday evenings!
Antonia

Lifechanging Experience in NYC

Thanks to Laura and the rest of the ArtBound Initiative crew, I was able to have the experience of a lifetime in New York, right after leaving university. I got to work at a production company right in the heart of the city - walking distance from Broadway! - and learn so much about not only the industry, but also myself as a creative content creator. The things I did and discovered while doing the program will be incredibly important to my future career, as well as the connections that ABI has provided me with, be they personal or professional. Doing the ABI program was without a doubt one of the best decisions that I have made in my life, and I strongly recommend it to ANYONE wanting to kickstart their creative career.

Definitely take advantage of the events offered by the ABI program! It's a great way to meet the other people in your program, and also introduces you to a lot of great activities in New York City.
Lauren

Thank-you, Artbound!

I completed an internship in New York with the help of ABI. I felt supported through the entire process - which I found particularly helpful during the confusing visa application process and of course during the big transition to living overseas. Even now, after the completion of my internship, I still have access to that same support and guidance. The company I was placed with fit perfectly with my career objectives and I learned more than I could have ever hoped for. I also lived with three other ABI members - who I know will be lifelong friends of mine. I had the time of my life and I have ABI to thank for that.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Getting on the plane to live in a country I'd never visited before. But! I knew I had Artbound waiting for me on the other side.
Chay

Best experience for newly graduated students!

I was a recent graduate when I decided to pursue an internship abroad with ABI. ABI gave me opportunities to connect with like-minded people and connect me with young professionals who can guide and mentor me towards my goal in my career. Having a strong community and relationship is the most important thing to advance in every industry. ABI has a solid network in New York and helps connect easily through its network portal. I'm very surprised at how Laura, founder of the program, could manage to distribute her time for every participant to give a personal mentorship. ABI is a perfect mentorship program for young professionals to grow and connect globally in the creative industry.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Presenting my report in front of the company founders.
Leo

My first step into the industry

I am Leo, I live in Australia and I did a visual effects internship through ArtBound in New York.

Before my ArtBound internship I'd never been over seas by myself so doing a visual effects internship in New York seemed close to impossible. ArtBound set up interviews with a few VFX studios and helped me prepare for them by giving me feedback on my resume and website. Once I was positioned in New York it didn't take long to make friends since ArtBound had set me up in a house with other Australian's who were also doing internships through ArtBound. This internship was the first job I've had in the visual effects industry and Chimney was a great company to start my career off. The work they started me off doing was basic but over time they gave me more and more challenging and interesting tasks.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would take more time to explore a bit. I was able to go to LA for 3 days which was fantastic but I would have liked to explore the surrounding of New York City more than I did.