• United States of America
    • New York
    • Los Angeles
Industry
Advertising Architecture Art History Arts Communications Design Fashion Design Film Journalism Marketing Media Relations Music Performing Arts Photography +4

Program Details

Academic Year Fall Spring Spring Break Summer Winter Year Round

Pricing

The program fee includes:

1. Internship Placement: an internship tailored to your career goals.
2. Personalized Coaching: career development workshop, revising your resume and portfolio.
3. Travel Support: We take care of your visa, insurance and housing. We also offer on-site support.
4. The Network: Join an international community. Attend our curated events and meet participants, alumni and creative professionals.
What's Included
Activities Travel Insurance Visa
What's Not Included
Accommodation Airfare
Dec 26, 2021
Sep 12, 2022
65 travelers are looking at this program

The ArtBound Initiative (ABI) program connects students and recent graduates with key players in the New York and Los Angeles creative industry. ABI will help you secure your perfect internship and coordinate all travel logistics (including housing, internship visa, insurance, and more).

What types of internships do we offer?

Studio Art (for painters, photographers, ceramists, printmakers, sculptors), Arts Administration, Communications, Marketing, Social Media, Graphic Design, Producing, Exhibitions and Curation, Public Relations, Special Events, Public Programs, Education, Development, and more.

Who will you work with?

Artists, arts foundations, performing arts organizations, galleries, advertising agencies, design studios, architecture firm, Film production companies, creative studios, and more.

Program Highlights

• Intern in New York/Los Angeles and get matched with the best company based on your career goals.
  • Join an international community of creative professionals
  • Become an insider in New York/Los Angeles: We will send you the best events, venues and Instagram accounts to follow.

• 9-10 rating 93.33%
  • 7-8 rating 6.67%
Nick

Artbound Initiative

I was unsure of this program as I hadn't heard anything about it from friends or from my school, but after having a great experience I would 100% recommend it! The artbound team helped improve my resume and portfolio, as well as offered assistance at every step. They placed me in a great internship and had many backups just in-case my top choices didn't work out. You are able to make a bunch of great connections through the program and get first hand industry experience right from the start. Definitely worth doing!

Tanvi

My ArtBound Initiative Experience

The program was incredibly helpful in creating a profile to apply for internships and jobs, connect me to different companies and find a great summer internship for me! Everyone in the program was really helpful and supportive at each step of the process and the Coaching Platform was extremely organized and detailed. My internship helped me grow as a designer and learn from really talented professionals in the industry. The program staff stayed in contact before, during and after the internship to ensure that I had a great learning experience throughout and in case I need any help or guidance from them!

David

Nothing but great things to say!

My Artbound experience was fabulous! From the first day, I was treated like an adult and was really heard and taken seriously by the program coordinators.

The coaching was very beneficial, and I had access to great resources in the curriculum (like resume coaching, career path sessions, soft skills development, etc.). It could get a little intense at moments along with school and work but it was overall super manageable yet beneficial!

The program coordinators were always super willing to help, very responsive, and would even set up video calls for anything I wanted to ask. They also knew about the office culture and people at my host company, which enabled them to give really good advice when I asked questions.

I feel so confident in my career path now, and confident in myself, my skills, and my experience as well. I don't think finding this good of an internship would be possible without Artbound Initiative. I had a great experience, grew and gained new skills, and now have a great network. A perfect launchpad for starting a career in advertising!

Pros
  • great internships
  • amazing coaching and support by the team
  • actual network that lasts
Cons
  • coaching can get a bit busy in the initial stages, but is totally worth it in the end and generally manageable
Dena

Art Bound Initiative is a phenomenal experience.

ABI is an amazing opportunity where you get in depth training, personal support on developing your resume and portfolio, and connection to amazing companies for internships. The Art Bound team provides excellent insight and will find a company best suited to your professional goals for an amazing internship experience. I highly reccomend.

Not only is the internship amazing, but the sheer support both in terms of advice in the form of educational videos, but as well as coaching from those already established in the industry means you are certainly guaranteed to become a better artistic professional by the time it’s over.

1 person found this review helpful.
Darren

NYC Design Internship

ABI placed me as a brand design intern at Red Antler and I learned so much from that internship. I was able to learn more about strategy and improve my overall design skills. It also helped me to be able to work in a fast-paced environment and with a diverse set of clients. The internship was creatively challenging and the people and vibe at the company were amazing. I would definitely work there if I had the chance. Thank you ABI for this amazing internship opportunity. It helped me grow in many ways.

Pros
  • Working in the big city
  • Potential to learn and grow
  • Great company culture
Chiara

My New York experience

My time in NY was amazing. I had the opportunity to work in a beautiful environment and having many tasks and responsibilities which made me feel very competent. I chose ArtBound as my organization and I couldn't be more satisfied with this choice because it was the perfect match to my needs, providing me options and constant support before and during my stay. My advice is to take this opportunity and make the best out of it. It will change your life! New York is a beautiful and powerful city and I couldn't be more proud to have been part of this program.

Pros
  • to be in one of the most interesting design scenes in the world
  • to participate in events and activities
  • to meet people and network
Cons
  • to feel lonely in a big city
  • covid was not helpful during the process of getting a visa
  • it's a bit expensive but totally worth it as an investment for the future
Georgie

New York program review

I had a fantastic time completing the New York program. ABI were amazing in supporting me throughout the entire process which was particularly difficult during the pandemic. I had an amazing time and met some amazing people through the program and loved the opportunity to work with such a fantastic company. The coaching platform is also an excellent addition to ABI and helps you develop skills which are not taught at university or school. This helped me gain the upper hand for future job prospects

Arrianna

ABI x THE STUDIO

I was initially nervous about ArtBound Initiative because it was the first time I’ve ever taken part in a program like this. What I got out of it was so much more and lessons to continue working on/learning.

I was asked to interview for a Visual Development Internship with The STUDIO NYC right out of my portfolio review scheduled by ABI… and it really changed my workflow and artistic awareness for the better. I was in charge of developing environment assets for an in-house project that was to be pitched this past month, actually. Unfortunately, I was only able to develop 1.5 complete concepts with a ton of preliminary sketches due to my freelance/performance career outside of the internship. Yet, my mentors were understanding and patient with my time and process. They communicated my weaknesses and strengths in a conducive manner, always highlighted the things I needed to focus on and what was currently working, and also asked me to take part as a Production Assistant for i project I had to unfortunately decline. It served as a pivotal stepping stone in my path as a VisDev Artist!

ABI provided a ton of lessons and resources to make sure that I can represent myself professionally in the 2D Animation industry. I’m so grateful to Laura for this opportunity and the connections that about with it!

Pros
  • Connections
  • Resources
  • Experience
Cons
  • Finances