View Other Details
Advising, @api Online System, Orientation Materials and Resources, Access to International Phone Plans, API Alumni Network, Social Networking, Scholarships
Airport Reception, API Centers, Resident Directors, On-Site Orientation, Housing (including most meals with host families), Tuition, Tutoring, Language & Culture Tools, Medical & Life Insurance, Excursions (overnight, day, international), Round-trip airfare on long excursions, Social & Cultural Activities, Welcome and Farewell Group Meals), Volunteer Opportunities.
Re-Entry Materials & Support, Post-Program Evaluation, Transcript, Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Ever want to feel like Harry Potter? Come live and study at Harlaxton College, situated in an authentic English manor. Full-service amenities with meals included, House competitions, and more help to bring students together and create great memories. Learning extends beyond the classroom with class field trips and excursions. API looks to complement these trips by including several cultural activities, daytrips around the area, and a weekend excursion! Harlaxton College is situated within its own 300-acre estate with parkland, woodland and a lake in the small charming village of Harlaxton. It is a mere 10-minute drive to the closest town, Grantham, a market town with a population of around 45,000. It is located to the North of London, which is just 1 hour away on a simple, direct train journey. There are regular shuttles provided to the center of Grantham, from which the train station is a short walk, ensuring that any travel is easily achieved.
- Study in an English manor with a close-knit student community and full-service amenities.
- Participate in British-style House competitions (think Harry Potter!) to keep engaged with other students in addition to clubs, sports, and other activities.
- Harlaxton's "Meet-a-Family Experience" creates a great support system by connecting students to local British families throughout the semester.
- Out of classroom learning throughout the UK with organized cultural events and numerous field trips.
- Summer program offers a variety of coursework including sports marketing, astronomy, psychology, and more!
API Scholarships and Financial Aid Information
API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Harlaxton College is located in a gloriously beautiful 150-room Grade 1 listed stately home dating from 1832 which is set in the stunning English countryside. It is one of England’s 100 best great house according to Simon Jenkins of the London Times and has more than a passing resemblance to Hogwarts! Come study with us for our semester and summer programs.