You won’t need the luck of the Irish to have an unforgettable study abroad experience in Dublin. By directly enrolling at Dublin City University (DCU), Trinity College Dublin, the National Theatre School of Ireland (Gaiety School of Acting), or University College Dublin, you’ll have the joy of befriending the Irish, who are known for their hospitality. You’ll feel more at home knowing that Dublin has a young population (more than half of the city is under 25). Dublin rewards the independent spirit with a diverse culture and a wide range of educational opportunities.
We want you to feel at home in Dublin, so we will do everything we can to help you integrate. Enrolling directly in an Irish institution through IES Abroad provides you with a chance to sample the local academic culture while benefiting from the support of IES Abroad staff and housing.
- Even though your adventure starts in Dublin, our field trips take you beyond the city to discover the culture and traditions of your host country.
- Our Comprehensive Orientation & Re-Entry Experience (CORE™) begins right when you arrive and continues through the semester with activities focusing on academic and cultural adjustment.
- You have an individual IES Abroad Program Advisor to help you prepare for your study abroad adventure.From visa requirements to travel details, they are your #1 resource for preparing to study abroad.
- We offer well-located, comfortable housing for all students because securing housing independently can be challenging. Our goal is that when you leave Dublin, it will feel like home.
- IES Abroad offers $5 million dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships and grants that can be used toward an IES Abroad study abroad program. Apply on our website with our Aid Application.
IES Abroad Scholarships and Financial Aid
As far as we're concerned, financial limitations shouldn't prevent you from studying abroad with us. That's why we offer more than $5 million in scholarships and aid.
This program appeals primarily to those students who are ready for the challenge of adapting to an entirely new academic culture that requires significant independent work. By directly enrolling at Dublin City University (DCU) through IES Abroad, you’ll have a chance to sample the local academic culture through a wide variety of challenging courses while benefiting from the support of IES Abroad staff and housing.
Designed for theatre students seeking an intensive, practical approach to performance, this is an immersive, conservatory-style acting program. At the National Theatre School of Ireland (Gaiety School of Acting), you participate in courses with other Irish and international students. By attending NTSI (GSA), you are in good acting company: famous faces of the school include patron Liam Neeson and alumni Colin Farrell, Stuart Townsend, Olivia Wilde, Aidan Turner, and Brenda Fricker.
Trinity College Dublin offers a wide variety of challenging courses and appeals primarily to those students who are ready for the challenge of adapting to an entirely new academic culture that requires significant independent work. Enrolling directly in TCD through IES Abroad provides you with a chance to sample the local academic culture while still benefiting from the support of IES Abroad staff and housing.
Founded in 1854, University College Dublin (UCD) has more than 160 years of tradition. Today UCD is Ireland’s largest university. Known for their top-ranking business school, their notable school of humanities, and their leadership in science and technology innovation, there is something for everyone at UCD. The UCD campus in Belfield is located in the southern suburbs of Dublin, just fifteen minutes from the coast and thirty minutes to the beautiful Dublin/Wicklow Mountains.
The IES Abroad Dublin Summer Intensive Acting Program will give you the opportunity to explore Dublin as you gain an intensive, practical approach to performance. Enrollment is offered at the acclaimed Gaiety School of Acting - National Theatre School of Ireland. Enjoy staying in fully-equipped student apartments and gaining real-world experiences through field trips throughout the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.