GoOverseas 2018 Winner!! EPIK Public Schools Available Each Month

Floating lanterns
Floating lanterns
Students and teachers in South Korea
Students and teachers in South Korea

Korean Horizons won the Gooverseas Community Choice Awards for 2018 by their 1,000,000+ community. 1st in Best Benefits Provided, 2nd in Best Support Provided & 3rd in Best Safety Provided.

We are here to assist you with the employment process. And after all, that's why it is good to come to a recruitment agency. We provide a safety net for you. Apply direct to an educational institution and you are on your own!

If you are having problems with your school... Or you need some information or help, you can contact us and we will provide you with some advice... You might not always like it, but it will be the truth. And that's really our philosophy: to provide you with a completely trustworthy service, right from the initial phase of introducing you to the education office, to making sure that you are content with your teaching position and if there's anything you need we will always be available.

Please search the internet and see what others say about us.

Teaching experience is not required. 98% of all new teachers have no prior teaching experience. To apply, you need to have a bachelor. You need to have the commitment to complete the TEFL by your start date and you can apply without one. Hope that this information is useful.

Hey Paul - we did some research and it looks like the salary is controlled by the government, and there are pay grades. Appreciate the question, surely others are wondering too

Salary is given by your resume and the location that you are looking to teach here. The pay scale is as follows : Level 2 = bachelor + tesol. 2.0m-2.1m for a metro city. 2.2m for a regular city. 2.3m-2.45m for the countryside. Level 2+ = bachelor + tesol + 1 year exp. 2.1m-2.2m for a metro city. 2.3m for a regular city. 2.4m-2.55m for the countryside. Level 1 = bachelor + tesol + 2year exp. 2.3m-2...

• Benefits 9.8
  • Facilities 9.8
Tara

Korean Horizons Recruitment

Had a great experience with Alistair. He was so helpful every step of the way. It was a very stressful process and I was grateful to have support in navigating it. He responded to emails in a timely manner and made appointments for phone calls if I had many questions. He helped with the application process and reviewed my EPIK application before sending it in.
I think the best part was that he met me at the airport. I would recommend this service to anyone looking into teaching abroad. Keep in mind he isn't responsible for placements -- EPIK does that and some places are surprising to say the least. If you are thinking about teaching in Korea go through Korean Horizons, it's the best way to apply.

Learn the language. Being in a rural place it has been a struggle to set up banking and do basic tasks.
Lindsey

An excellent opportunity

I applied for the GOE program with the help of Korean Horizons. The application process was smooth: Alistair kept me updated with regards to what I needed to submit and when, and his assistance was invaluable when it came to the interview: he really helped me to understand the cultural differences between the UK and South Korea, which was the biggest problem for me-- I was not as prepared as I thought I was. Even after arriving in Korea, Alistair has been incredibly helpful. He picked the new guest teachers up at the airport, and provided a hotel room and dinner the night before the contract began. He's also helped us with address labels, queries about Korean culture, and more besides. I'm very happy with my employment in Korea: as well as Korean Horizons, and the other guest teachers, I also have a lot of support within the GOE and my school.

This is not the fault of Korean Horizons, but... you will not know anything about where you are being placed (level, location, etc) until the orientation. The uncertainty was very stressful.
Nadine

EPIK through Korean Horizons - couldn’t be better!

I signed up to Korean Horizons to apply for EPIK as it had the best reviews. I was not disappointed.

Alistair, who runs it, is amazingly helpful. He helped me with the application process, getting the correct paperwork, scheduling the interview. He even did a practise interview with me and gave me feedback. He checked in regularly throughout the process and I honestly don’t know if I would have made it here without him.

On arrival in Korea he met us at the airport, paid for us to stay in a lovely hotel, with dinner and breakfast too. We were given gifts by him including a travel mug and the lonely planet Korea guide. Alistair has also checked in a few times in the 2 months I have been here - I cannot recommend Korean Horizons enough!

Lesley

Amazing support!

I'm so grateful for Korean Horizons for helping with my application process with EPIK. I first heard of Korean Horizons through my OnTESOL course and I'm really thankful I came across it. I don't know if I would have felt as reassured or prepared for the interview without Alistair's help. He goes through potential questions and even does a mock interview with you a few days before your actual interview which I thought was above and beyond what he needed to do. He is responsive, organized, and a wonderful connection to make here in South Korea. Also, when I landed at the airport Alistair met up with me, set up my T-Money card, took me to my hotel, and treated my group to dinner and breakfast. I would definitely recommend going through Korean Horizons if you're trying to apply for a teaching position in South Korea.

Samson

Great Experience, Got the Job!

I ended up with Korean Horizons through myTEFL Cert and I am very happy I did. Alistair was very helpful throughout the whole process answering all of my questions. He was very patient with me guiding me through the process often explaining things to me more than once when I got confused. The whole process took many months and Alistair was great at checking in by email and even a few phone calls just to make it more real and keep me focused. He helped me prep for my interview which was the most valuable part of the experience for me (because he made me realize that I wasn't as prepared as I thought). He even helped with things that would not matter till after I got the job (and was out of his hands) like the tax exemption forms. Overall very helpful and Alistair is a great person. If you are serious about teaching with the EPIK program you should go through Korean Horizons.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I only had 10 days back in America before I went to Korea (I was traveling in Eastern Europe). I was worried that I would not have enough time to get my Visa but Alistair let me know I would have enough time if I went to the Consulate in person. That made me feel much better just to have someone tell me that it was okay and it would all work out in the end. And it did!
Jodie

Most Reliable

Alistair was a fantastic recruiter! He broke down the entire process step by step and made the process very easy to follow. Alistair helped me prepare for my application and interview and made sure that I was ready for each step before moving on to the next. He provided great support for each individual case and is also very prompt at replying to e-mails. There was not one moment during the process that I felt uneasy. Even after arriving in Korea, he has been very accessible and willing to help with anything I need. I highly recommend going with Korean Horizons if you have any doubts about applying to EPIK directly or any other program he has to offer. Korean Horizons provides several benefits for both those who have never applied through EPIK and for those who would simply just like the extra support.

Jessi

Best EPIK Recruiter!

I'm so glad I chose to apply through Korean Horizons! I had been debating whether to apply directly or through a recruiter, as I didn't know at the time what the difference would be. Now having completed the process, it's a service that I would use again, even if it weren't free! Alistair was extremely helpful throughout the process, answering any and all questions I had, even after getting to Korea and to my placement school! After speaking to other new teachers who came through different recruitment services, I am confident that I chose the best one! In my opinion, the most helpful service in the process was that Alistair picked all of his recruits up from the airport and paid for our dinner, hotel, and breakfast! It was a very warm welcome to Korea, and a great opportunity to meet some of the other teachers before arriving to orientation! Thank you Alistair!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I received my placement from being on the waiting list at the last minute, two weeks before I was to arrive in Korea. Alistair was extremely helpful in this process, in making sure that I had everything prepared to arrive so quickly. I couldn't have done that on my own!
Bruce

Korean Horizons is the best recruiter in Korea

To be clear, this is a review of Korean Horizons!

Korean Horizons is very professional, punctual, and highly competent. The value in the package is so much more than from what I hear about other recruiters. When I came to Korea, Alistair picked me up from the airport, drove me to a hotel (quite a nice one), and then paid for our breakfasts the next day. I arrived in Korea, ready for my EPIK orientation, fresh.

He answers all questions promptly and makes sure you'll have all the documents in order. The back and forth emailing process was very streamlined. He has a good eye for detail and the concerns that new teachers face. There isn't really a reason not to use their services.

My only disappointment is that aren't more "Korean Horizons" in every country that I'd like to teach in.

Catherine

Best Recruiter I have ever worked with!

Alistair is one of the best recruiters I have ever worked with. From application submission to arrival he was there every step of the way. The communication lines were always open and I was always kept in the loop. He is quite empathetic and understands the stress of moving countries and provided both professional and emotional support. I know that I would not have been placed without his help and assistance. In terms of going over and above, Alistair made sure we were adequately prepared once arriving in South Korea. He booked a hotel room for a night as well as took us to dinner and breakfast. This early meetup provided support and networking with our fellow teachers.

I cannot recommend Alistair enough! It was a true honor working with him!

For the longest time I was starting to question if I had made the right decision to up and leave my home and family. Now that I am here and working it truly was the BEST decision for me. Its best not to overthink stuff :)
Abid

Recruitment Service

This transition for me could have not been possible without Korean Horizon. Alistair, my recruiter helped me throughout the whole process, kept me updated regularly, assisted me with the application process, interview, etc. My travel to Korea seemed like it wasn't going to happen due to some unfortunate technicalities, but Alistair found a placement for me in the last seconds. I got to Korea late in the orientation, on a weekend no less. Alistair picked me up from the Airport on a Saturday evening, drove me to my orientation 3 hours away whilst answering all my concerns and making me feel assured. He did not leave from the orientation until I was properly checked in and literally in my dorm room with all my belongings. No other recruiting agency would go as far as Korean Horizon would. I am without a doubt glad to have started this journey through Korean Horizon. Thank you once again Alistair for taking such good care of me.

Christian

Korean Horizons is top notch!

Korean Horizons helped me tremendously with my transition to teaching English in Korea. They walked me through obtaining all the necessary documents, prepped me for the interview, and continued to assist me when I landed in Korea by providing me picking me up at the airport, providing me with accommodation for a night, and treating everyone to a meal before we went off to orientation. Korean Horizons makes moving to Korea very easy and stress-free.

Lauren

The best choice you can make.

Korean Horizons is the only company I would recommend. The application process for teaching in Korea seemed extremely daunting but Alistair was helpful and supportive throughout the entire experience. He takes the time to walk you through each stage and even helps you prepare for interviews. He made himself available to me through my many anxious moments and his calm and pragmatic approach really helped to make the entire process less painful. The best part of my experience with Korean Horizons was the effort, dedication and most of all, the care Alistair shows new recruits. I am teaching through the GOE program and Alistair picked up all the new recruits from the airport. He took us to dinner and spent the next two days with us making sure we got from point A to B and completed all our assessments. Korean Horizons is not required to do any of this and the same service was not provided to people who come through different recruitment companies.

I believe that true character and intent is shown in the way you treat others when you have nothing to gain. A true testament to the ethos of Korean Horizons was when Alistair basically took on new recruits who came through other companies and provided them with the same service and care he showed his own. If you want to come to Korea, use Korean Horizons, you won't regret it.

Alex

Korean Horizions Review

honestly, from the bottom of my heart, I cannot thank Alistair enough. Korean Horizons is the only place you should consider when applying for EPIK. I had a very stressful year and wasn't sure if I could make the 2018 Fall Intake due to documents not being ready in time, and Alistair was there every step of the way to support me and offer me advice. Alistair and his Korean Horizons are honestly the best of the best, and I am very grateful for both. Having Alistair meet me at the airport, help with suitcases and put us up in a hotel for the night, meeting other EPIK teachers and having a group dinner was a beautiful way to begin our Korean adventures. Thank you.

N.A
Claudia

Just started my teaching job in Korea...

To all the newcomers who have varying levels of experience, but on the lesser end of the scale --I understand how you feel. I graduated with a bachelors in English but without any true teaching experience. My teaching resume is slim, but I do have my TESOL and a volunteer position that I completed during my last year of University where I assisted in an elementary classroom weekly. Teaching is very new to me, to say the least...so you can imagine how daunting this experience looked/looks from the outset. What I will say is that everything that I was nervous about, i.e., arriving, meeting other expat teachers, meeting my co-teachers/staff, and processing my ARC (alien registration card), has all gone very well and as stress-free as can be in this situation thanks to the ongoing support of Korean Horizons, and my recruiter Alistair. I was put in contact with 30 or so teachers like myself within my first 2 days, and the support is helping me adjust quickly. Before I arrived my recruiter checked in with me and helped me with the extreme amount of paperwork and document processing that was required. I never felt alone throughout the process. With all of that in mind, I really do appreciate the support I've been given by Korean Horizons, and I do recommend them for first-time teachers and general noobies like myself. All the best with your decision-making and prospective travels!

I originally applied to the EPIK program but later applied to GOE because I missed the deadline. I was part of the EPIK fb group, but I wasn't told that there was a GOE fb group, so I legitimately had no clue about the GOE expats who would be arriving/beginning with me. Not a big deal, but they did for the majority have some familiarity with each other because they were in contact before arriving in Korea. I adjusted pretty seamlessly anyway, but it would've been a little more comforting to get on the plane knowing that I was awaiting such a large group of support. I thought there were only 2 (if that) other teachers starting GOE through Korean Horizons.
Samantha

Korean Horizons is the way to go!

I would highly recommend using Korean Horizons for applying to EPIK. I was nervous about the application process, documents needed, and interview process but with this recruiter I received emails in a timely fashion reminding me what I needed to do. Additionally, I had an interview prep and the application proof-read! All of my many emails were responded to within 24hrs and when I accidentally slept through my scheduled interview time my recruiter was able to reschedule it immediately. Once arriving in Korea I was picked up from the airport, had a delicious meal, a good nights sleep, and was even given information about my city of Gwangju. I think the service provided is well worth it and offers great piece of mind! I would highly recommend applying through Korean Horizons!