GoOverseas 2018 Winner!! EPIK Public Schools Available Each Month

Floating lanterns
Floating lanterns
Students and teachers in South Korea
Students and teachers in South Korea

Korean Horizons won the Gooverseas Community Choice Awards for 2018 by their 1,000,000+ community. 1st in Best Benefits Provided, 2nd in Best Support Provided & 3rd in Best Safety Provided.

We are here to assist you with the employment process. And after all, that's why it is good to come to a recruitment agency. We provide a safety net for you. Apply direct to an educational institution and you are on your own!

If you are having problems with your school... Or you need some information or help, you can contact us and we will provide you with some advice... You might not always like it, but it will be the truth. And that's really our philosophy: to provide you with a completely trustworthy service, right from the initial phase of introducing you to the education office, to making sure that you are content with your teaching position and if there's anything you need we will always be available.

Please search the internet and see what others say about us.

Teaching experience is not required. 98% of all new teachers have no prior teaching experience. To apply, you need to have a bachelor. You need to have the commitment to complete the TEFL by your start date and you can apply without one. Hope that this information is useful.

Hey Paul - we did some research and it looks like the salary is controlled by the government, and there are pay grades. Appreciate the question, surely others are wondering too

Salary is given by your resume and the location that you are looking to teach here. The pay scale is as follows : Level 2 = bachelor + tesol. 2.0m-2.1m for a metro city. 2.2m for a regular city. 2.3m-2.45m for the countryside. Level 2+ = bachelor + tesol + 1 year exp. 2.1m-2.2m for a metro city. 2.3m for a regular city. 2.4m-2.55m for the countryside. Level 1 = bachelor + tesol + 2year exp. 2.3m-2...

• Benefits 9.8
  • Facilities 9.8
Brandon

Premier Recruitment Company indeed.

If you’re looking to teach English in South Korea, Korean Horizons is the recruiter to go with. From completing the initial application and collecting the necessary documents, to the interview and the day I finally arrived in Incheon, Alistair was with me every step of the way. He always replied to my emails promptly, had an answer to every question or concern, paid close attention to my application and essays (helping me revise them as needed), and did everything in his power to ensure I was ready for my big move. While the experience of applying and getting accepted and placed through the EPIK program proved stressful with all its uncertainties, and not to mention last minute reveals (*cough* COVID-19 *cough*), having Alistair around made all the difference. Highly, highly recommended!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Getting tested for COVID-19 and waiting for the result.
Elizabeth

Korean Horizons

I am very pleased to be a teacher in South Korea with the help of Korean Horizons. I was supported every step of the way and provided with all the information and tools needed for a successful transition. Alistair Wery is very kind and always ready to assist and help in anyway possible. I am really enjoying my stay here, and the food. The people are great too and I feel very safe at all times. I generally don't like winter, so that's been tough lol (it's freezing). Thank you Korean Horizons!!!!!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
On the first night a group of us (foreigners) wanted an authentic Korean dinner experience. We ended up at a Korean seafood restaurant and asked the waiter to recommend the best thing on the menu.The Korean seafood mix lol that octopus was scary. I swear I'm still traumatised, but I wouldn't change a thing.
Sarah

Alistair Wery and the EPIK program

I had a great experience with the help of the amazing Alistair Wery from Korean Horizons and the EPIK program! Alistair was incredibly helpful right from the beginning. He answered my emails in a timely fashion. He is kind, helpful, knowledgeable, and all of the above. It was such a great feeling to know I was in very capable hands. He made sure everything was taken care of quickly and as efficiently as possible. As for the EPIK program and orientation, it was helpful, the staff was wonderful, the trainings were informative and it was fun! I would highly recommend that anyone go through Korean Horizons with Alistair for the EPIK program, and highly recommend the EPIK program and the orientation.

My advice, is to have an open mind, a real and true open mind. You will be exposed to a whole new culture, and culture shock will happen. Try every food once, make new friends, be adventurous and have a great relationship with your co-teacher, it will go a long way and make your teaching experience that more wonderful!
Appreciate

Korean Horizons (KH) is the Best Recruiting Agency!

From the service to benefits, KH is simply the the best.

Most people i met say this was a stressful process ever, for me it wasn't. With Alistair's support, guidance and frequent updates, my application was... yes long but also smooth. I'm grateful that out of all the agencies i chose KH. If i was asked to start everything from beginning i would choose KH over and over again. I have no regrets.

Amy

Supported all the way

Alistair and the team at Korean Horizons supported me during my application process all the way. He was always willing to answer any questions that I had and always ensured that I was kept in the loop the whole time. This is the second time that I worked with him and I can say that he is good at what he does. He helped with the interview and application process, ensuring that I was well-prepped. After getting accepted to EPIK, he even meet us at the airport and gave us a welcome pack. Plus suggested that we arrive a day earlier, in order to recover from some of the jetlag. How many recruiters would go the extra mile? There are many more examples that I could give to relay what a great recruiter Alistair was during this entire process.
Ultimately I would say to anyone that is thinking about teaching in South Korea, I definitely recommend Korean Horizons :)

Kershi

Reliable Recruitment Agency?

That would be Korean Horizons!

KH is definitely the way to go if you’re unsure how to apply or need some guidance. Alistair’s prompt replies, regular updates, support and willingness to help made my process and experience less overwhelming and made me feel at ease. Alistair made sure that the application process was according to EPIK’s standards and provides advice that’s beneficial to you.

KH also helps you settle down in Korea and offers help throughout your journey.

Highly recommended KH!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Waiting for my documents to be reviewed- be patient
Dulce

Amazing~ Alistar is the way to go!

It is nerve-racking moving to another country, let alone trying to apply to a program blindsided (such as EPIK) that is six months of dedication and waiting. After doing some online research, Korean Horizons was the best option for me. Alistair is the man! He will be with you every step of the way. Even when you doubt yourself, he makes it happen. Let me say, this man does not sleep! He responds to ALL of your emails -whether it be questions or random topics you may have. Also, he will help you with your lesson plan, give you essential tips on how to ace the interview, and will pick you up, drop you off at the airport if needed. All around, I could not have made a better choice. I recommend Korean Horizons 100%.

Be prepared to wait a full six months when applying for the program. There's alot of preparation, a lot of documents, and waiting. It is worth it at the end though!
Ashleigh

Best Experience!

If you are deciding whether to apply direct or go with a recruiter I fully recommend going with Korean Horizons, I have been looking for a job for a while and Alistair never gave up on me. He's very easy to get along with but also fully prepares you for everything you need to do. He also creates a platform for all teachers to communicate and help each other, I was able to make a really good friend through Korean Horizons and meet her in real life.

Go with Korean Horizons, get that job and make some amazing friends!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The lesson demonstration at the end of orientation, it ended up being way more fun than I thought and I learnt so much!