EPIK Public Schools Available March, April, May, August & September

EPIK Public Schools Available March, April, May, August & September

We provide services that no other recruitment company provides

In addition to all of the benefits a public school will provide; we provide an introduction package including a comprehensive teaching book, a travel guide, a lonely planet phrase book, a book on learning Korean and lots of other useful information.

We provide government public schools in South Korea. We are here to assist you with the employment process. And after all, that's why it is good to come to a recruitment agency. We provide a safety net for you. Apply direct to an educational institution and you are on your own!

If you are having problems with your school... Or you need some information or help, you can contact us and we will provide you with some advice... You might not always like it, but it will be the truth. And that's really our philosophy, to provide you with a completely trustworthy service....right from the initial phase of introducing you to the education office, to making sure that you are content with your teaching position and if there's anything you need we will always be available.

Please see our testimonials or simply search the internet and see what others say about our service.

Salary / Benefits
Salary is here: Tax is income tax-free if you are from applicants from certain countries.

Benefits include
Rent-free single furnished apartment near your school
• 300,000 won one-time settlement allowance
• Round-trip airfare allowance of 2,600,000 won
• 18 working days paid vacation + national holidays (5 weeks in total)
• Medical contributions
• Pension contributions
• 1 month salary bonus on completion of contract
• Sick paid leave allowance
• Special leave allowance
• 1 week additional paid vacation (6 weeks in total) if you renew your contract after the first year + increase in pay + renewal bonus 2.0m won
• Korean co-teacher to assist with your classes

As a Korean Horizons Teacher, you will also receive :
1. Airport pickup, hotel for 1 evening & transport to the education office / school.
2. Free Dinner and breakfast together with us + all of the arrival teachers
3. Introduction pack (including a Travel Adapter, a Travel Card, Emart Voucher for 10,000won, a Travel Guide, a Lonely Planet Phrasebook & other goodies)
4. Order anything you like using our interest-free Supermarket credit service from any online Korean store & pay us back once you get paid your salary.

Throughout your time – whilst applying; during applying – and after you are here – we will be available to support you and be there for you.
Bachelor in any field
Weekly Classroom Hours
Classroom Audience
High School
Airport Transfers
Domestic Airfare
Age Max

Salary is given by your resume and the location that you are looking to teach here. The pay scale is as follows : Level 2 = bachelor + tesol. 2.0m-2.1m for a metro city. 2.2m for a regular city. 2.3m-2.45m for the countryside. Level 2+ = bachelor + tesol + 1 year exp. 2.1m-2.2m for a metro city. 2.3m for a regular city. 2.4m-2.55m for the countryside. Level 1 = bachelor + tesol + 2year exp. 2.3m-2...

• Benefits 9.8
  • Facilities 9.9

Fantastic Support!

Applying to teach abroad can be a daunting and sometimes confusing process, but Alistair was able to make it fun and easy. From the moment you decide to apply through Korean Horizons Alistair is there to offer you endless support, before and after you’ve arrived, and throughout your entire time in Korea. No question is too silly, and you will never feel like you’re alone even after you’ve just uprooted yourself and moved thousands of miles away from your friends and family. Alistair really does go above and beyond for all his recruits. Compared to the other options out there Korean Horizons, in my opinion, offer the most friendly, helpful, thorough and genuine support… I couldn’t recommend Korean Horizons enough!

Makes it easy for you.

From day one, Alistair was super helpful in getting me started, through the interview process, the document bits and bobs you have to get, and the placement. Fast and detailed response time, readily answering any questions you may have. When I got to Korea, he chauffeured us around everywhere (no need for taxi!), treated us to drinks and even honoured us with his singing! The application process has quite a few hoops you have to go through but Alistair made it so much easier. Was a pleasure!

Couldn't be better

If you are not sure where to start but want to move quickly, Korean Horizons in the place to go. Alistair is on top of everything and will make you feel at ease even when you aren't sure how things are looking. His response times are superb and he will get you all the information you need before/when you need it! As long as you really want the opportunity, he will help prepare you to get it! Good luck and go with Korean Horizons!

Just keep working on behalf of the recruits and the schools!

Alistair is a boss

Alistair is great. He helped immensely with all aspects of the application process and was timely with email responses. After I arrived in Korea, he picked me up from the airport, had a few drinks with me, provided me a hotel for the night, helped out with the mandatory health check the next day and so much more. This man goes above and beyond what he needs to do to ensure you have a nice smooth transition here and I so can't recommend this company enough. Perfect score 5/7.

Moving to a new country where everything is unfamiliar can be a scary experience. However, if you are planning in to Korea. Look no further! Because Alistair of Korean Horizons will take care of you. Korean Horizons helped me throughout the application process, from the start to the end and not only that, but they also provide their services and you are able to contact them throughout your stay in South Korea. During the application, Alistair guided me through all the steps and he was very open and patient with any questions you have. He even took the time to practice with you and had a mock interview to prepare you for your interview. Korean Horizons also allowed me to have contact with other Korean Horizons recruits and made some very nice friends who I have shared many exciting experiences since my stay in Korea. I definitely recommend you to go through Korean Horizons if you plan on coming to teach in Korea.

Perfect Experience

I was told to get into contact with Alistair from my TEFL program, and I was so glad I did! With his quick response times and availability, Alistair walks you through every step of the process with expertise. Once I arrived in Korea, everything went so smoothly and it was awesome that we got useful swag bags and a dinner to meet other EPIK teachers- other teachers who went through Korean Horizons are still my best friends here! If you are looking for a recruiter to help navigate you through teaching here in SK- look no further than Alistair!!

FANTASTIC recruiter!

If you're looking to teach in Korea, look no further. Alistair of Korean Horizons is the best and I honestly don't know what I would have done without him. He gives you very clear details, instructions and information to make this lengthy and time consuming process as painless and stress free as possible. He's extremely supportive and diligent and goes over and beyond to make sure you're prepared for this major step. His interview prep will leave you more than prepared and he'll continuously keep you up to date on your application. Alistair also generously picks you up from the airport, takes you to dinner, pays for your accommodations AND takes you to breakfast the next day. He makes sure you're well rested and informed with anything you need to know before you meet the EPIK coordinators. I cannot thank Alistair enough for all he has done for me in the past few months!

Exceptional, Personal and Professional Service

Alistair was amazing at accommodating and answering all of my questions as I prepared for Korea. He was attentive and provided detailed information and resources to facilitate the application process. I would not have made such an easy and smooth transition had it not been for Korean Horizons. Preparation was given at every step of the application process and calls were made to ensure that everything was clear. Upon arrival, there are also resources and handy travel books that are provided to you. Most importantly, assistance from Korean Horizons does not end when you arrive here - support is above and beyond and always available. I would highly recommend using Korean Horizons for any person coming to Korea. Thank you for your help.

It's all thanks to Alistair.

I honestly don't know how I would've made it into the EPIK program without Alistair's help. He is and has been an amazing resource throughout the entire process, which can be quite long, but it's reassuring to know that he is there throughout it all to answer any and all questions. Alistair provides excellent insight about the application; there was no chance of me feeling unprepared for anything because he was so detailed in explaining all the steps. He's definitely done this for some time as he had already provided answers for questions people would surely have about things such as visa applications and residency forms. He even gave us a care package upon arrival! Which, by the way, was super handy because I had forgotten to bring an outlet converter. It's also nice to know that we have someone to communicate with and argue on our behalf should the rare chance of trouble arise. For anyone unsure of where to start when applying to the EPIK program, i have no hesitance in recommending Alistair's services at Korean Horizons. You'll be in good hands throughout the entire process and be certain of what to do in every single step.

Amazing throughout the whole process and after!

I can across Korean Horizons almost by accident but I'm so glad I did! Alistair has really helped me every step of the way and dealing with my anxiety of venturing into the unknown. He was very supportive and informative when helping me get my documents together, keeping me updated as well as asking for updates regularly. The interview prep is second to none and played a big role in helping me secure my place with EPIK. Upon arrival it was also great to meet Alistair at the airport along with other new teachers and get treated to a nice meal and restful night's sleep before heading to an intense orientation (this also really helped me meet friends before heading into orientation which will last me beyond my time in South Korea). He tailors welcome packs for every teacher dependent on where you are placed and really helps to calm any nerves you may have. Finally he has been super helpful beyond orientation and helping me settle in as well as assisting me with buying various things I need for my apartment and giving me important tips on what to do when trying to find a phone, or apply for a bank account. If you are thinking about going to South Korea, Alistair is the man to get you there!

Nothing could be improved at all, Korean Horizons really are the best the recruiters out there!

Alistair is a Champ!

I applied for the EPIK through Korean Horizons.

Alistair has kept me, and my co-applicants in the loop at all times throughout the process. I find this the most important factor, especially with many of us leaving our lives behind and heading into the "unknown"!

He is very clear about everything you need, when you need it by and goes out of his way to make you feel at ease at every point in the process.

If you have a question, he will respond within the hour (If he is awake) but definitely within 24 Hours, which is great considering the time differences!

The airport pickup, goodie bags, pre-orientation accommodation and drop off on the first day of orientation are all value-added services which add to what makes Korean Horizons stand out above the rest!

Even after orientation, Alistair is available to assist in any way that he can should you need it!

Thanks a mil, Korean Horizons!

Great Recruiting Agency

It's my first time teaching abroad and I'm glad I applied through Korean Horizons. Alistair has been nothing but kind, patient and helpful. He kept me updated and gave me constant reminders for deadlines throughout the long EPIK application process. His mock interview was especially helpful especially for someone like me who gets nervous during interviews. Alistair even picks you up from the airport and sets you up in a hotel for the night so you can be as comfortable as possible for orientation the next day. I highly recommend Korean Horizons for anyone looking to apply to work in Korea

Korean horizons is the BEST!!!

Working with Korean Horizons has been an absolute pleasure. From the very beginning Alistair Wery has been extremely thorough in both explaining the process as well as providing more than enough materials and resources to feel completely prepared about the entire endeavor. He has been very personable and very accountable, constantly checking in with me to ensure everything was going smoothly and to offer his assistance in any way. He assisted with my interview, allowing me to practice with him and gave so much helpful feedback and advice that made the final interview a breeze. Once in Korea he picked us up from the airport a day before orientation and provided us with a place to stay and provided us with transportation to the orientation meetup point allowing us to meet others and get settled with little to no stress prior to orientation starting. He provided us with gift bags that included a converter, a map of the city, a tourist guide book, a korean phrase book and even a subway card. Everything Korean Horizons has done has been above and beyond my expectations, and I would never do it any other way.

Thank you so much for all your efforts Alistair! You are amazing at what you do!

Korean Horizons is amazing!

This was my first time traveling and working overseas. The idea of figuring everything out and doing all of the required paperwork seemed mind boggling but Alistair was with me every step of the way providing suggestions and support. I even had an issue with some paperwork that I thought would jeopardize my spring arrival and Alistair helped me through everything. I definitely would not be here right now if it was not for him. Anyone who is interested in applying for EPIK should definitely contact Korean Horizons. This is the chance of a lifetime! EPIK itself is an excellent program that really helps you to feel comfortable with such a huge move and has a long history of success.

Don't Look Anywhere Else!

It has been a pleasure dealing with Korean Horizons. The recruiter Alistair Wery is efficient, punctual, patient and incredibly helpful. He guided me through the whole process of coming to Korea from the first application all the way to my arrival. He explained concisely the process and what the job would entail. His description was entirely accurate and it made everything clear to me before I came. His communication was always punctual and answered all of my queries. I never felt that anything was too much trouble. Korean Horizons provided me with great assistance in filling out the application form correctly. The interview preparation really helped calm my nerves and do my best. Alistair was also great at keeping me informed about the progress of my application. In addition to this, he also provided a lot of information about the visa process. Even when my plans changed at the last minute due to visa complications, Alistair was still as patient and as helpful as ever. It is evident that Alistair knows the EPIK process inside out. Korean Horizons is really your best bet at securing a place in the EPIK program. I strongly recommend you use this company to submit your application. It is a big step to come all the way to Korea to teach. It can be a daunting task choosing a recruitment company as ultimately so much responsibility lies with them. The other reviews on this site speak volumes about how Korean Horizons can be trusted to look after you all the way.

Alistair has been only too happy to help me whilst in Korea. This has been invaluable. When coming to a new country it is reassuring to know that there is someone you can trust in the event you need help. He provided myself and the other new arrivals with a package containing books on the Korean language and cuisine, bus card and a plug adapter. This perhaps demonstrates how Korean horizons works as a company. I never once felt treated like simply another number who was to be placed into any job that was available. Instead Alistair always offered me the most honest and tailored advice to my circumstances. Alistair is an expert at what he does and there is a reason that the 50 or so reviews left on this page are all 10/10. You don’t have to look anywhere else!

About Korean Horizons

Korean Horizons is an official accredited provider of teachers for EPIK (English Program in Korea), SMOE (Seoul Metropolitan Office of Education), IMOE (Incheon Metropolitan Office of Education), BMOE (Busan Metropolitan Office of Education) GEPIK...