• Online

Unpaid
Year Round

Pricing

$500 USD
For a limited time, we are offering our special *Career-kickstarter* discount of 50% for our Virtual Internship package. This discount can be applied to any Business Development, PR & Marketing or Design Internship that lasts 1-2 months in 2020. Start your career now!
What's Included
Some Activities
What's Included (Extra)

Graduation Certificate, Coaching Sessions, CV Enhancement, Internship Performance Report

What's Not Included
Accommodation Activities Airfare Airport Transfers Meals SIM cards Transportation Travel Insurance Wifi
Oct 01, 2020
Jul 31, 2021

Imagine gaining real-life work experience, creating valuable business connections & kickstarting your global career in Asia – all without leaving your apartment! Sounds too good to be true? We beg to differ: A virtual internship with Meiji Internships offers all of this – and so much more!

* Do your dream internship from home in your industry of choice - with our customized internship placement!
* Equip yourself with crucial 21st-century skills and become a true digital nomad!
* Build crucial international business networks!
* Become a high-achieving job applicant by gaining international work experience!
* Develop your skills thanks to personalized coaching sessions!

As your gateway to Asia, Meiji Internships will accompany you throughout your journey. Kick-start your international career with an unforgettable internship adventure in your industry of choice. We work with an extended network of 750+ partner companies in 8 countries to help pave the way for your future!

Program Highlights

• Fully Customizable: Choose from several industries and destinations according to your interests and talents.
  • Networking Opportunities: Gain work experience in global companies and establish crucial business connections to kickstart your future international career.
  • University Credit: University accredited internships in all major industries with 750+ host companies ranging from multinational corporations to innovative start-ups and influential NGOs across Asia.
  • Personal Development: Grow personally as well as professionally by challenging yourself every day through new and exciting projects.
  • Stay flexible: Take your time, stay location-independent and enjoy your remote internship as there is no time limit to it!

• Content 9.9
  • Engagement 10
  • Platform 9.8
Kelly

Got some credit done!!

Got my uni credits while making valuable business contacts and brushing up on my basic Korean. I highly recommend everybody who has the time to do an internship should go for a virtual internship in Asia. I had my concerns about how all would work out, but to my positive surprise I got more out of it than I could have ever thought of. Two months in my design company in Seoul was an invaluable experience to get a sneak peek into how highly developed this country's media industry is. The only biggest drawback was that I could not physically be there and try all the yummy Korean food I saw from all the Mukbangs. kkkk
I will make sure to work more on my copywriting and Adobe photoshop skills as I saw how much more potential is there to progress. Thank you Meiji and hope to meet you guys one day in person:)

1 person found this review helpful.
Anna

Good use of time!

Since my university requires me to do an internship as part of my international business & management studies, I was looking for places to a placement in Asia. I was hoping that countries like South Korea, Japan and other places in Southeast Asia have already resumed for some type of traveling, because within the EU most travel has resumed to much of precovid times. But to my disappointment I had to find out that I could not travel. I was looking for remote internship options, because my university accepts it as well for uni credits and I stumbled across Meiji.

Their advice and support throughout the process was really relieving. I was also able to find a great internship placement in South Korea and found out about the great solutions my host company came up for the remote challenges we had to face. My supervisor made great effort to e-introduce me to the other team members, learning about the company system and also experiencing the complete flexible work schedule I had! Just make sure that you make notes of meeting the deadlines on time. I learned a ton about time management, unsupervised working and also the art of business communication with my Korean teammates.

The best thing is that at the end they even organized a Zoom farewell party for me and I promised them to visit them in person once this whole pandemic is over. Khamsamnida for all the great help and worthwhile experience:)

1 person found this review helpful.
Shirley

GIVE IT A GO ~

I had such an amazing experience with Meiji. I'm very happy they helped me find an internship because I REALLY needed it for uni credit. I applied for Korea and Japan, but was pretty open to other destinations too ^^ In the end, I was placed with a Japanese company in Hokkaido. I did not have work experience back at home, only in like hospitality and stuff, so working in marketing and actually being in charge of what a company puts out there was so much fun. It inspired me to pursue further education in that domain.
If you want to do an internship, reach out to Meiji, as it makes it so much easier and is also loads of fuuuun

Rabia

My virtual experience

For my degree I was required to do a practical experience abroad for credit. But covid came and added some obstacles to my path towards graduation. Thankfully I came across Meiji while browsing the web for internship opportunities. First I was checkin out their country options, but when covid became more serious also in europe, I decided to have a closer look at the virtual concept. It was quite intriguing, so I decided to join. I was placed with a beautiful pr and marketing agency in taiwan. The best thing for me was that I was able to talk to people overseas while being in self-isolation at home. It allowed for a good alternative to the usual quarantine life and I was happy to have something valuable to do and really contribute to something bigger.
If you have the capacity to do something for your CV at the current time I can definitely recommend the program to you. Other than that: Stay healthy everyone! :-)

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I was quite nervous before my very first virtual interview cause I wasn't really sure if i should do anything special like choose a specific background or present myself differently to taiwanese companies compared to what i'm used to. But I adressed these concerns and my program coordinator helped me out so I could prepare for the interview without any worries
Tiffany

What a great online adventure!

I remember my first day talking with the Meiji team on Skype, I was so anxious! But somehow, they managed to calm me down, and by the end of the consultation, I was ready to move on to the next step. I didn't have to wait long before landing an interview (and eventually an internship) with a great company. The company was located in Hong Kong and they were selling their products overseas. I became part of their team and I learned a lot about this business. Everyone was nice and friendly so I really had a great and productive time. If I had one piece of advice to give to anyone who wants to do an online internship, it would be to stay open-minded and not be afraid of communication, it's the most important thing!

Marc

A mind-opening experience

Doing an internship with Meiji is something you will remember for a very long time. With a virtual internship, you are connected with people from the other side of the world and you have to adapt to a new culture and new people which is extremely rewarding and really opens your mind to new opportunities. Really, I think that the virtual internship is a huge chance for anyone to get an international experience easily. You should definitely give it a try! I was blown away by the number of new skills that I got thanks to this internship and I am really proud of myself for doing such a great work with my host company from Singapore!

Tommy

Don't hesitate to take the challenge!

It was the first time for me to challenge myself like that, and I am pretty happy with the results. I was thinking of doing an internship in a Japanese company for a few years, but it took time for me to make the first step and finally apply to a virtual internship programme. I am a bit shy and I really had to gather quite some courage to do something like that. In the end, I think it was the best decision I made for a long time! I got so many business skills and I also got a lot of self confidence, which was not a foregone conclusion. I really hope other students like me take on the challenge to step out of their comfort zone.

Lydia

Meiji has your back!

A guy from my university did an internship with Meiji Internships a couple of years ago and he recommended me this agency. As they even offer virtual internships, it was the perfect opportunity for me to get working experience from an Asian company. I chose Taiwan because I studied Chinese for three years and I thought it would be a great chance to practice the language in a business situation. This internship brought me more than I expected. I got many skills in marketing, I made great friends and business contacts, I practiced my Chinese, and there were plenty more advantages. The Meiji team was amazing and they never let me down, I knew I could always ask them for advice. It was really good to know that they were keeping an eye on everything for me.