• Croatia
Term
J-Term, Maymester, Short Term, Spring Break, Summer, Winter
Anthropology Asian Studies Biochemistry Biology Chemistry Communications Earth Sciences Ecology Economics Engineering English Environmental Studies Food Science and Nutrition Gender Studies Graduate Studies Health Sciences Humanities Kinesiology Liberal Arts Life Sciences Linguistics Literature Mathematics Medicine Natural Sciences Nursing Physical Therapy Physics Pre-Med Psychology Public Health Social Sciences Sociology Speech-Language Pathology Women's Studies +25

Program Details

Pricing

Program cost varies based on location and length of program. View the "Cities" page on our website for more information.
What's Included
Accommodation Some Activities Some Meals SIM cards Travel Insurance Wifi
What's Not Included
Some Activities Airfare Domestic Airfare Airport Transfers Classes Some Meals Visa
Dec 27, 2022
Nov 06, 2022
3 travelers are looking at this program

Atlantis is the largest and most reputable pre-health study abroad organization for US undergraduates. Our Croatia programs are for those who are ready to take the road less traveled. What better way to gain 60+ clinical hours than off the sunny Adriatic Sea! Students will shadow in top European hospitals with well-esteemed physicians and have the opportunity to explore the rich culture that Croatia has to offer.

Exposure to a variety of different medical specialties and procedures is the best way for students to decide if healthcare is the right path for them. We know this, and that is why all of our opportunities provide intimate and insightful interactions with diverse healthcare professionals. With alumni in 40 of the top 50 MD programs, Atlantis prepares students for a future career in healthcare.

Since summer of 2021, Atlantis has ran many safe and successful programs throughout the continuance of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Program Highlights

• Programs run during winter and summer breaks so there is no need to take time off during your academic semesters!
  • Rotate weekly through different specialties to gain exposure to various medical practices and procedures.
  • Immerse yourself in a fellowship abroad to understand healthcare in a global context, and embark on weekly excursions to experience Croatian culture, sights, and food.
  • You do not need to speak Croatian to have an amazing and impactful experience!
  • Start dates in December, May, June, and July.

• 5 rating 100%
  • 4 rating 0%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
Laila

Sibenik, Croatia

I was so fortunate to be able to travel to Croatia with Atlantis. This trip absolutely made my summer, I was able to visit a beautiful country and get memorable lifetime experiences with a wonderful group of students with similar interests as me. When we shadowed in the hospital, the doctors were so kind and open to questions and they made sure to allow us to see as many things as possible in our short amount of time there. Outside of the hospital, our host was so kind! She really took care of our every needs and took us on fun excursions. Lastly, Sibenik is such a safe city, traveling alone as a woman is always scary but everyone in my group was so wonderful to hang with and the city felt super safe. I would recommend this trip, 10/10 experience! Thank you Atlantis!

Pros
  • Affordable
  • Memorable
  • Beautiful
Cons
  • Homesick
Jocelyn

Summer 2022 in Sibenik, Croatia

I had the pleasure to travel to Sibenik, Croatia Summer of 2022. I came across this program through a school program at UT Austin and my application process was a bit different than most people who go on this experience. I do believe it was an easier application process but the experience I believe was the equivalent to any other program. Our site manager, Ena, was so thoughtful and attentive to our needs. Although a bit chaotic, the hospital was so open to teaching us about their day-to-day lives. On top of the great shadowing experience, we also got to wander the small town of Sibenik and interact with the sweet locals. Our weekend excursions planned by Ena were something to look forward to because it was a day filled with fun activities and yummy food. Overall, all my interactions with the Atlantis program have been positive and I am thankful I had the chance to partake on such an amazing trip.