• England

Program Details

Direct Enrollment
Dormitory

Pricing

Prices for a semester at the University of Brighton start at £4,600 for 12 US credits.
What's Included
Accommodation Some Activities Classes Wifi
What's Not Included
Activities Airfare Airport Transfers Meals SIM cards Transportation Travel Insurance
Mar 22, 2022
Aug 05, 2022
69 travelers are looking at this program

Welcome to Study Abroad at the University of Brighton! We offer semester and year-long programs, with the opportunity to take classes from a variety of subjects across seven academic departments, whilst immersing yourself into the local culture.

Our team, Mary, Zoe and Becca, are on hand to help make your study abroad experience the best of your life. As well as onsite orientation and class enrolment, we arrange and attend field trips with you to London, Oxford & Stratford, Bath & Stonehenge and Paris, as well as a couple of local trips around the beautiful county of Sussex.

Nicknamed London-by-the-sea, when you're not studying or travelling around Europe, there is so much to do in Brighton itself. Famous for it's cosmopolitan Laines, with independent shops and cafes spilling out onto the streets; music, art and food festivals; nightlife and more. Brighton is a great hub to travel from; with Gatwick Airport only 30 minutes by train and London just 50 minutes by train.

• 9-10 rating 94.29%
  • 7-8 rating 5.71%
Best friend and I
Rachel

Great Program!

I met some of my best friends through USAC where we have continued to meet up outside of the study abroad program. I wish I could go back and relive it all. Definitely the best few months of my life. Plus, travel in Europe is WAY cheaper once you are there so you can get some extra travel in outside of classes. I 100% recommended studying abroad. It may be a little nerve wracking at first, which is understandable. But, it is 100% worth it and once you arrive, everyone is in the same boat so it is extremely easy to make friends.

Pros
  • Make new friends
  • Experience a new culture
  • Travel!
Cons
  • Money
Response from University of Brighton

Thank you for your review Rachel! So great to hear you have met up with your fellow study abroad students back at home. Brighton is definitely a great base to explore the UK and Europe from! The Study Abroad team

Jada

Brighton Uni

the staff at brighton uni took us on field trips and showed us around england. it was wonderful and so much fun. classes were very interesting and the instructors are really cool. the best part was the opportunity to live amongst locals. living with other uni students allowed for me to make friends and get to know the area better. Brighton Uni is a wonderful school and the study abroad program is absolutely wonderful. i would recommend this program a thousand times. i would absolutely come back if given the opportunity

Pros
  • Travel
  • Experiences
  • Meeting new people
Response from University of Brighton

Thank you for your review Jada, well done for making the most of all the opportunities here, we know you had a really good time and made some lifelong friendships! The Study Abroad team

Margaret

Nice

The opportunities this program has opened up for me is amazing. This program allowed me to grow as a person and learn to be independent. I loved my experience of creating a new life in a city I never imagined I would live. The friendships I have made will never be forgotten. I am so greatful to have had this opportunity and encourage anyone thinking of doing this to DO IT. If there is an opportunity take it. I have grown so much as a person for the better. I have also been able to travel to so many more places than I would have in the states

• Friends
  • Opportunity
Cons
  • Cost
Response from University of Brighton

Thank you for your review Margaret! It has been a pleasure having you at the University of Brighton for the 21-22 year. So glad you made the most of everything and grew as a person too. Please do pop in and say Hi when you are next in Brighton! The Study Abroad team :)

Kiara-Sophie

Semester abroad in the winter term 2021 at the University of Brighton

In September 2021, I started my journey to Brighton for my term abroad. I had a lot of expectations and hopes in my luggage. On the one hand, expectations of what the city of Brighton is like, how the British university system differs from the German university system and the hope of making lots of new friends.
My hopes were exceeded. I met many new friends, travelled together with them and my lecturers in the courses (I attended 4 subjects) supported me at all times.
With the International Office, we went on excursions to museums or explored cities in the surrounding area every week, which promoted the cohesion of our group immensely and was a lot of fun!
In summary, I can only recommend a semester abroad at the University of Brighton! The university and the people are great, the support is always given and the opportunity to go to the sea every day is breathtaking.

Pros
  • by the sea
  • many students
  • great nightlife
Cons
  • Student residence in Falmer is not in the city centre
  • /
  • /
Response from University of Brighton

Thank you for this lovely review Kiara-Sophie! It was so great to see how quickly you made friends with everyone and enjoyed all the trips and activities. Please do pop in and say hi when you are next in Brighton! The Study Abroad team

Dalilah

AMAZING PROGRAM

My time abroad was one I will never forget due to the amazing people who helped with the journey. We were given everything needed to succeed as students abroad. The university and abroad program were supportive, informative, and energetic. The Brighton team was amazing and you could tell they truly cared about student’s success abroad. The city is also an amazing spot to study in. I always felt safe and never worried for my safety as a woman. I would recommend this city and program to anyone who is interested!!

• Educational
Cons
  • Must be independent
Response from University of Brighton

Thank you for this lovely review Dalilah! We could see you really enjoyed and appreciated this experience. We are glad you felt safe and secure here, it is a fantastic city to study abroad in and also to explore the rest of the UK and Europe from. Please stay in touch and let us know if you are in Brighton again in future! The Study Abroad team

Lauren

Would go back in a heartbeat!

I loved studying abroad in Brighton! The support and care you get studying at the University is exactly what you need. I never felt overwhelmed because their staff did such a great job at making everyone feel welcomed and wanted. The modules they offered helped you really get to know about England and experience it to its fullest. They encourage you to get to know the people you’re studying with by planning activities during the class period. We went to a bunch of castles and learned about the history of England. The staff also made it easy to plan travel. When we were trying to find places to visit for certain periods of time, they would give the best recommendations that helped us enjoy England and other countries.

Pros
  • Meeting new people
  • Learning about the history of England
  • The lanes in Brighton
Response from University of Brighton

Hi Lauren, we are really happy to hear you felt well supported during your time here, our high level of student support is something we pride ourselves on. We are happy to see you rated your experience highly in all areas. Please do pop into the office if you are ever back in Brighton! The Study Abroad team

Allison

Amazing memories that will last a life time

Sutdy in Brighton at the University of Brighton was not only an amazing experience but also a learning experience. I met many new people that i will forever consider family. The UoB program leaders always made sure we were all ok and having a fun time which made it feel as if i was more at home. Although I was only in Brighton a semester, i believe I grew there as a person so much faster and better than i ever have before. I could not have ever imagined going anywhere different. I'm proud to say i have an amazing Brighton family and home!

Pros
  • Easy to travel
  • Friendly and eye-opening
  • Night life
Response from University of Brighton

Thank you for your review, Ally! It was lovely to watch you form such close friendships within the group and make the most of all the travelling opportunities in your short time here, Please keep in touch and pop into see us any time you are in Brighton in the future! The Study Abroad team

Alice

Cultural Exploration

I loved the opportunity to visit so many culturally rich places in East Sussex! The lessons on the Tudors made living in Southern England make so much more sense, as well as made the field trips to places like Hever castle all the more fun. Living on Falmer was a nice change from my home university, and I loved how close it was to the city while maintaining a calm atmosphere. Teachers were helpful, and I feel like I learned a great deal during my time at Brighton. All of the staff is extremely kind and helpful!

Pros
  • Learn about Tudor history
  • Friendly atmosphere
  • Close to Brighton
Cons
  • Only learned about Southern England's history
Response from University of Brighton

Alice you were a wonderful student to have on the programme! We are really happy you got so much out of your time in Brighton. Please stay in touch and pop into the office if you find yourself in Brighton again one day! The Study Abroad team