Rich culture and adventure are abundant in this African nation, considered one of the safest countries in the world. Between exploring the world’s biggest waterfall, Victoria Falls, and enjoying the spectacular safaris on offer, you’ll love getting to know the people who call this paradise home.
Zambia is spoiled with ample sunshine and wandering predators. Get up-close and personal with chimpanzees and lions, or give something back to local communities in the form of sustainable buildings and classroom support.
African Impact's Top Volunteer Programs in Zambia
- Teaching and Community Development, Victoria Falls: Work closely with a local community and contribute to education and development, just a stone’s throw from one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, Victoria Falls
- Chimpanzee Sanctuary and Wildlife Orphan Care, Kafue River: Get involved in the day-to-day running of one of the largest chimpanzee sanctuaries in the world, in a remote and stunning part of Zambia
- Medical and Community Development, Victoria Falls: Gain practical skills in the health science sector by working with local medical staff and patients in clinics and in their homes
- Girl Empowerment, Victoria Falls: Work with young boys and girls to achieve long-term gender equality according to the needs and desires of local communities
- Eco-Building Project, Victoria Falls: Get involved in clean-ups and plastic recycling opportunities, while using bricks made from recycled plastic bottles (and other waste products) to build infrastructure