Our flagship, 150-hour TEFL certification course provides you with 130 hours of online coursework spread over 11 weeks with support from a personal tutor and small class sizes. In addition, you’ll put into action everything you’ve learned with your 20-hour independent practicum.
Is a 150-hour course more than you planned for? Our 60-hour online introductory TEFL course might be the best fit for you. Worried about practicum? We offer two-week opportunities in various countries where you can get a taste for teaching abroad and complete your practicum under a structured environment. Already know what age group you want to teach - we’ve got a course for that too! Our 30-hour age specialization course will prepare you for young learners, teens, or adults.
To be eligible for one of our courses, you'll need to be a fluent English speaker and at least 18+ years of age.
- 130 hours of online course work with 20-hour practicum component
- Gain cross-cultural literacy (the relationship between culture and language)
- Develop a deeper understanding of the English language (English metacognition)
- Access to CIEE TEFL's Complete Comprehensive Job Assistance Guide
- Discounted tuition for supplemental CIEE TEFL courses to further professional development