- Studying business abroad can help you gain important skills you can use to reach your future career goals.
- If you want to pair your classroom studies with work, an internship, or language learning, there's a program for you on our list.
- A business study abroad experience isn't just about hitting the books. You'll make new friends, discover new corners of the world, and expand your professional network, too.
As a business major, you’ve probably already realized that there are many ways you can explore a career in business beyond traditional internships and business classes. You’ve also likely started to consider how you can best use your degree after you graduate, and the possibilities of combining your passions with realistic ways to make money.
We’ve been there. Many business students are in the same boat as you and just as many have been able to find clarity through business study abroad programs. Not only do study abroad programs help you explore different possibilities without sacrificing time (and college credits), they also offer opportunities to learn new ways to use your business savvy in a unique, fulfilling career.
At Go Overseas, we have a plethora of study abroad options to choose from -- but we realize too many choices can become overwhelming. That is why we’ve sifted through all of our business study abroad programs to find the best ones that will offer you reliable support, quality programming, and memorable experiences.
- Best for Short-term Study: European Study Abroad Center
- Best for Language Immersion: The Beijing Center
- Best for Work & Study: The University of Western Australia
- Best for Intern & Study: CAPA London
- Best for Affordable Living: International Studies Abroad (ISA)
- Best for Travel Opportunities: Universidad de Salamanca
- Best for Small Class Sizes: SAI Programs
- Best for Program Benefits: AIFS Study Abroad
- Best for Support: TEAN
- Best for Cultural Immersion: IES Abroad Milan
Best for Short-term Study: European Study Abroad Center
Head to Czech Republic this summer and explore the country’s largest city while studying business at the University of Economics in Prague. This quaint, yet urban destination is speckled with charming streets and squares and is an ideal choice for students who want to be surrounded by historical architecture, Bohemian art, and some of the world’s best beer.
The program’s unwavering support and reliable assistance explain why it receives a support score of 10/10, and a 98% overall rating from program alumni. From the staff to housing support and academic counsel, when you sign up for a study abroad program with the European Study Abroad Center, you know you won’t be left to fend for yourself.
Here are some highlights from their Prague business study abroad program reviews:
- "The program directors are genuinely helpful at every turn and go way out of their way to assist any problems that might arise. There was a lot of support and communication is still ongoing even after completing the summer." -- Philip
- "I enjoyed getting to know ESAC staff. They truly cared about my experience and making sure everyone had the necessary tools they needed to succeed and have a fun and safe time in Europe." -- Claire
- "Some of the pros that come along to studying with ESAC is that they are always there when you need them, and [are] amazing at helping the students with academic concerns as well as housing." -- Lama
Best for Language Immersion: The Beijing Center
If you are really serious about expanding your resume and delving into the business core of the world, China should be on your study abroad list. The Beijing Center’s study abroad program links with Loyola University Chicago to provide accredited courses led by the country’s leading professors in its capital, Beijing.
China is an important player in the world economy so it makes sense that learning Chinese would come with numerous benefits for students planning to enter a career in business. Whether a school semester or full year, this program offers the opportunity to have Mandarin tutoring sessions, beginner through advanced Mandarin classes, and lifestyle immersion through the opportunity to live with a Chinese roommate.
Why study abroad with The Beijing Center? Aside from rave reviews from alumni, it is a well-rounded program that offers top-notch support, high-quality academic programs, excellent housing, and a fun yet safe environment.
Read these reviews from alumni, themselves:
- "Great program that truly immerses you into the Chinese lifestyle and culture. I went with no language experience and was able to learn so much and even travel by myself through the country." -- Jarek
- "[The Beijing Center] staff really go out of their way to make the massive and mysterious country of China seem accessible." -- Jason
- "China itself is one of the best places to study abroad because of the culture, history and impact on the world currently and in the future: all of which is exemplified by the TBC program." -- Kelsey
Best for Work & Study: The University of Western Australia
If you want to take a big leap across the globe and venture down under to study business, you should do it! The University of Western Australia makes our list of business study abroad opportunities because their Perth study abroad program received top reviews -- especially pertaining to housing and safety.
Studying in Australia also gives you the opportunity to work 20 hours a week which means you can pair your classwork with some real-world work experience. Save money and build your resume while earning credit toward your degree!
Read how much these Perth alumni loved UWA’s program support, rating both housing and safety nearly perfect scores:
- "At first I was pretty scared to live overseas, but I received all the support from UWA´s international office team. Their support really made life so much eas[ier] for me, especially during the first months when I was struggling with the language and cultural barriers." -- Patrícia
- "UWA has an impressive support system for their international students and I can guarantee you there will not be any problems they would not be able to help you out with: renting a house, talking about 'homesickness' issues, improving your writing skills on an assignment, basically anything." -- Ludmylla
Best for Study & Intern: CAPA London
If you want to take the knowledge gained from your classroom studies and learn how to apply it directly to the workplace, you'll love the Study & Intern Abroad program through CAPA London. Aside from taking exciting classes in international business and finance, you will be placed in a local organization where you'll pick up valuable skills that will boost your resume and enhance your future career prospects. Best of all, the internship placement comes at no extra cost to you -- that's right, it's built into your program fee!
With a 94% rating from over 100 past participants, these excerpts clearly show why this program is a Go Overseas alumni favorite:
- "I met amazing people both at my internship site and the people I shared a flat with, expanding my network internationally. I learned so much about myself professionally, academically, emotionally, and socially, and am so happy to have the experience I did. " -- Nicole
- "I had a very positive experience at my internship at a charity/ community center. I made immediate connections with my co-workers due to their warm and welcoming personalities." -- Anjali
Best for Affordable Living: International Studies Abroad (ISA)
If you want to study business overseas and pair it with niche concentrations like international business, Latin American studies, or accounting, select a study abroad program that offers an option to choose from different universities in a bucket list city.
Instead of assigning you to a particular school for instance, ISA’s Study Abroad program in Barcelona lets you choose between four universities as you see fit. This allows you to maximize their services and fun activities in a supportive, academic environment you chose to join.
Does having a choice really make that much of a difference for students? Read these reviews from program alumni who found that, regardless of the university they chose, they had a great time exploring beyond their comfort zone at a pace that worked for them.
With a fun rating of 10/10 from Go Overseas alumni, how can it not make our top ten list?
- "ISA was extremely accommodating every step of the way. Their staff was always there for each student and ready to help in any situation. ISA made me feel safe and like I would be taken care of no matter what." -- Savanna
- "My study abroad experience in Barcelona through ISA changed my life entirely. When I was searching places to study abroad, I was trying to find a place that push my boundaries as well as having some elements that made me feel comfortable." -- Kelsey
Best for Travel Opportunities: Universidad de Salamanca
If your desire to study abroad is complemented by a penchant for historical landmarks, a study abroad program at Spain’s oldest university, Universidad de Salamanca (est. 1218) is a no-brainer. With a 96% review rating, you'll see why student’s love API’s Study Abroad Program in Salamanca.
Besides the program itself receiving top scores for its student residencies and homestays, admin support, and safe environment, API promotes cultural immersion and helps you explore Spain beyond the classroom. API supports students who wish to travel throughout Spain outside of their studies.
Join the program for the full academic year or by semester, year-round and you’ll be supplied with sufficient orientation material, peer networking opportunities, and re-entry services for one of the smoothest study abroad transitions you can find.
Read just how much our Go Overseas alumni loved this program, below:
- "I had a really great abroad experience with API. They helped us to travel all over Spain and made sure we knew where we were when we traveled to ensure our safety and location at all times." -- Christina
- "API made the trip amazing with their continuous support and the excursions. When I began the journey I was terrified to be going alone, but they were with me every step of the way." -- Bridget
- "The directors and counselors we had contact with were so welcoming and understanding and always available for anything we needed. This was definitely the plus of the program." -- Laura
Best for Small Class Sizes: SAI Programs
Students looking for small class sizes and personalized attention will feel right at home at SAI’s Study Abroad in Rome program. Participants will attend classes with an average of 15 other students from all around the world, which is a learning experience in and of itself. This means you won't be hidden away in a large lecture hall where asking questions is difficult.
Their partnership with John Cabot University makes our list because of its positive alumni feedback for high support and housing alongside the quality of studies. This U.S.-accredited university offers students the chance to study for a semester in Rome -- walking distance from some of the best Roman sites.
Read these excerpts from three of our favorite alumni reviews to learn about the benefits of taking a study abroad trip with SAI:
- "SAI was extremely helpful with everything from figuring out where classes/monuments were to being a bit of a mentor to talk with about anything on your mind." -- Jonathan
- "A good way to describe the SAI/student relationship is like a big brother or sister type of relationship. They help you with not only the documentation but making sure you are transitioning well into your new environment." -- Sydney
- "SAI provided me with the perfect balance of support and safety, and independence. I learned a lot about traveling and interactions abroad, and felt deeply immersed in the Roman culture." -- Christina
Best for Program Benefits: AIFS Study Abroad
If a bustling city like Rome isn’t what you envision for your study abroad experience, go north to Florence and savor the artistic flair and culture flowing around every corner. Your business courses would be complemented with Tuscan wine tasting and Italian cooking classes, day trips to neighboring locales, and an all-around good time.
Between a super supportive staff and some of the best immersive activities you can find in Florence, students also enjoy a meal plan valued at $1,700 that covers five breakfasts and lunches or dinners at local restaurants. This means you get an authentic dining experience the majority of the week and can enjoy dinners out with friends. It is obvious why students looking for a cultural experience that will fulfill a semester of business credits would flock to sign up for this study abroad program.
Don’t just take our word for it: alumni collectively praised AIFS’ study abroad program in Florence with a 97% rating. Read some of our favorites below:
- "AIFS also had an incredible and friendly staff to help you out if you need them, and planned many social events... I’m telling you, AIFS did an incredible job of making sure we had every opportunity to fully engage in the Italian culture and I couldn’t have asked for anything better." -- Haley
- "Coming back from Florence I was a new person... I saw the importance of being a global citizen. I knew after that I needed to help student understand the world around them and the importance of being a global citizen." -- Chris
- "AIFS also offers a meal plan that gives you access to a large majority of restaurants located throughout the city. These restaurants are delicious and provide authentic experiences of living and eating in Italy while offering some of the most delicious food you could get in the city. With our meal vouchers we were able to enjoy the city and dine out most nights making my friends and I really feel like Florence was our new home." -- Patrick
Best for Support: TEAN
Through TEAN's Study Abroad in Dunedin, New Zealand, students will take classes at Otago University's AACSB-accredited Business School. Stellar academics aside, students have found the TEAN New Zealand team to be incredibly supportive throughout the entire study abroad experience. They are equipped to help students with everything from getting transfer credit pre-approved to ensuring you get properly settled in Dunedin.
Out of 40 reviews and a near 100% rating, here is what some of our alumni have to say about the program:
- "TEAN was absolutely AMAZING. They were always just a quick email or phone call away if I needed anything. My university did not have any courses pre-approved for the University of Otago, but TEAN helped me immensely throughout this pre-approval process." -- Lauren
- "TEAN is a great program. They go above and beyond to prepare you for your trip abroad. I went to Dunedin NZ for a semester and the TEAN staff is simply phenomenal. They are easy to get in contact with and they really want you to have an amazing experience. They more than adequately prepare you before, during, and after your trip." -- Kaylee
Best for Cultural Immersion: IES Abroad Milan
Another specialized program you should consider when comparing the best study abroad programs for business, is a university that offers top business school courses. That’s why alumni reviewers love IES Abroad’s Milan program and its classes at Bocconi University.
Despite the courses being taught in English, you still get access to learning from leading Italian experts and guest lecturers. You will not only have the opportunity to participate in a homestay with a local family but you'll take required Italian language classes and attend numerous field trips around Italy. Experience Italy in all its forms with IES!
Read what program alumni had to say about the program:
- "I took interesting classes with phenomenal professors, lived in one of the nicest neighborhoods and apartments in Milan, and had the time of my life." -- Aria
- "The staff at IES in Milan cares so deeply about their students and the cultural experiences we have during our time spent in Italy. ... The teachers want to see you succeed and they respect that students are also traveling on weekends." -- Sara
Advance Your Business Savvy Abroad
Where will you go to study business abroad? We’ve selected the top ten programs based on the Go Overseas community’s real experiences, so you can be sure that they've been double-checked and honestly evaluated. With these recommendations, you're sure to find a program that will not disappoint and will teach you valuable skills for your future career.